BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

709,981 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You're jealous because college students have developed good taste finally? More power to them.
DontBeTriggered
Last time I ate there it was depressing. (edited for politically correct purposes)
CactusThomas
AG
Loved cicis
DimeBox17
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

I would think Cicis would do pretty well with the college crowd. Maybe they are spending their parent's money on Blaze and Urban Brick.

Nailed it. Have a few friends who wore out their parents credit card thoughout college. Bars, restaurants, golf course, etc.
J182
AG
Drove by and it was open. Guess students can still get their endless pizza.

I wonder which one Katy was talking about.
AgsWin2011
AG
Went and tried All the King's Men yesterday for lunch. It was damn good. My only complaint was that I spent over $16 on a sandwich and a side (had water to drink), and that didn't include tip.

I know BBQ is expensive, but damn.... I will definitely go back, but I won't be going as often as I would like with those prices.

Other than that, I have no complaints.
DimeBox17
AG
That narrrows it down to the one on Texas avenue in Bryan. Haven't driven by there in quite some time though.
ChampsAg
They are definitely not cheap. Would like to see them include at least one side for the price.

That said the pork belly side is amazing!
AgsWin2011
AG
Agree completely (especially about the pork belly).

I got the 'Kitchen Sink' sandwich which has brisket, sausage and turkey. They put a big toothpick in the sandwich with a piece of the pork belly on the toothpick. That was $11-12.

Got a side of mac and cheese. That was $4.

The food was amazing though. And yes, I think the price of the sandwich should definitely come with a side.
Counterpoint
AG
Heismenberg said:

Agree completely (especially about the pork belly).

I got the 'Kitchen Sink' sandwich which has brisket, sausage and turkey. They put a big toothpick in the sandwich with a piece of the pork belly on the toothpick. That was $11-12.

Got a side of mac and cheese. That was $4.

The food was amazing though. And yes, I think the price of the sandwich should definitely come with a side.
Went there a few nights ago because of this thread. The food was AMAZING, but the prices. To get as much food as it takes to fill me up would have broken the bank.

AggieAces06
AG
Jacob Ramirez said:

Hearing that the Cici's next to Hobby Lobby is closed. Don't know if that has been mentioned.

I think they are just doing a remodel. We took our little one a couple weeks ago and they were in the process of adding a wall.

Would make sense to close during spring break to do th big stuff that would make a mess.
talich
I think Urban Air has been open for 2 months. But it's still listed as "Coming Soon"
Broncos
I heard from a reliable source that a Top Golf, or similar business model, was building near Wellborn/Harvey Mitchell. Anyone else heard this?
TheAlarmGuy
talich said:

I think Urban Air has been open for 2 months. But it's still listed as "Coming Soon"
yes Urban Air is open Great Place
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
Captn_Ag05
AG
Broncos said:

I heard from a reliable source that a Top Golf, or similar business model, was building near Wellborn/Harvey Mitchell. Anyone else heard this?

How reliable before we get too excited?
Broncos
He may or may not be involved in some kind of inspection aspect.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Interesting! I certainly hope it is true. News that big would be difficult to keep under wraps for long.

The location you mentioned is wherethe Jones Crossing development is going. I wonder if it is part of that.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Send KBTX and that Rusty guy to investigate the Top Golf rumor...
phatpat21
Please don't tease us about a Top golf here
That would be amazing
bcstx06
Sorry that I haven't updated the list in awhile. I will get to it this week.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Signage is up for Mo's Irish Pub. Hopefully that means it is opening soon.
Jetty
AG
Where is Mos going?
dave99ag
AG
Century Square

You can see the sign at the corner of S. College and University.
mgreen
I talked to a manager at Mo's in Houston a year ago and he said the College Station location would be three stories with a roof top patio. We will see if that is still true.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Star Cinema Grill (Century Square) is planning to open the first week of May.
jja79
AG
Mo's is good.
The Anchor
AG
Broncos said:

Aren't all 4 corners occupied? Is there enough room behind the new HEB?
jja79
AG
This is in Tomball/Spring and takes up only the end space of a strip center and I think would do well. I still can't see the investment in Top Golf paying off.

https://swingzonegolf.com/
Captn_Ag05
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Ate at Dat Dog in NOLA tonight. Manager noticed my A&M shirt and told me they were planning on opening a location in College Station this semester or summer.

http://www.datdog.com/

Per their press release, it is going in the Domain at Northgate building (101 Church). Expected to open in July.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Star Cinema Grill (Century Square) is planning to open the first week of May.
I would bet that they were shooting for that weekend so that Avengers: Infinity War would be their big movie that premieres the day they open.

Then Marvel up and moved the movie's release date up one week.
DBA
The Queen Theatre in Downtown Bryan opens May 4. Tours that evening, the Red Wasp Film Festival on Sunday, then movies begin May 11. It will be this area's only true repertory film house, showing classics and favorites from the 1930's through recent films.
redd38
AG
mgreen said:

I talked to a manager at Mo's in Houston a year ago and he said the College Station location would be three stories with a roof top patio. We will see if that is still true.

Unless there are 2 stories underground, that is not still true. Just 1 story. No roof top patio either.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Sounds like In-n-Out is a no go at this time, per the city development office.
viejo
Captn_Ag05 said:

Sounds like In-n-Out is a no go at this time, per the city development office.
Good. WAY overrated. Whataburger all the way. This is Texas, it's been Californicated enough as it is.
armymom
I prefer In & Out over Whataburger any day. Sorry to hear they are not coming here! Dirt work going on behind CS Walmart and Trampoline Park. Anyone know what it will be?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.