BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

709,850 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
DimeBox17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I might have missed it if mentioned but what is going on at the corner of Navarro and wellborn? Dirt work being done in front of those old storage units.
mgreen
It was announced at the Chamber event today that Gringo's got all permits approved and will break ground next month.
Aggie
AG
mgreen said:

It was announced at the Chamber event today that Gringo's got all permits approved and will break ground next month.

Captn_Ag05
AG
You mean casa ole?
FlyRod
Greasy Tex-Mex are all pretty interchangeable.
australopithecus robustus
Casa Ole sucks. Gringos is a tier above Chuys and a tier below Papasitos
Captn_Ag05
AG
I have never had Gringos, but I can't imagine it not being significantly better than Caso Ole. Casa Ole was basically an El Charrito frozen dinner at twice the price.

Attempting to get back on track, if construction on Gringos begins in February, what it is the likely time frame for opening?
meezermom
I would put money on "just in time for football season."
CharlieBrown17
AG
Has All The Kings men fully opened yet or still just lunch?
LightningDammitt
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Has All The Kings men fully opened yet or still just lunch?
Went there last weekend... Still a sign on the door that says 11am to 4 pm Thursday to Saturday.

The place was busy... about 90% full Sat at 2:30ish.

I think the hours are limited while they are trying to build a staff.
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
I heard yesterday it's 11-4 this week., Open nights starting in 2 weeks
jja79
AG
And not even on the same scale with quite a few local places. I can't think of a more appropriately named restaurant.
LightningDammitt
AG
Mr.Short-termMemory said:

I heard yesterday it's 11-4 this week., Open nights starting in 2 weeks
uuuggghhhh.... In a calendar competition with Downtown Elixir... Hope the customer base is big enough...
CharlieBrown17
AG
Dang.

good to know it'll be soon. Thanks y'all
nought
AG
What is the other new building going in near Casa do Brasil? Very near the new Brazilian steakhouse, there is another building under construction -- a bit south of the steakhouse. What is it?
halibut sinclair
They broke ground on the new Hooter's yesterday.
DontBeTriggered
How about that Pappadeaux? Any word?
meezermom
Drove to Houston last weekend to get my Pappadeaux fix. I've given up on us getting one here. It would probably be an hour-long wait anyway, so I'll just keep going to the Woodlands.
JayHowdy!
Saw that OMG Seafood is going to have a soft opening tomorrow starting at 3 pm. They are located on Texas Ave. south of the Whataburger in Bryan. Going have to try it this weekend.
jac4
AG
nought said:

What is the other new building going in near Casa do Brasil? Very near the new Brazilian steakhouse, there is another building under construction -- a bit south of the steakhouse. What is it?

I believe it's an Asian Market and Grocery. I forget the name. There is signage up in front on Old Arrington.
chloelee
Family AutoCare Center is going in across from World Nail, next door to granite store.
Close to old location of Allen Olds in Bryan.
PS3D
DimeBox17 said:

I might have missed it if mentioned but what is going on at the corner of Navarro and wellborn? Dirt work being done in front of those old storage units.

Equity Real Estate
carpe vinum
AG
jac4 said:

nought said:

I believe it's an Asian Market and Grocery. I forget the name. There is signage up in front on Old Arrington.
That might be the new Ground Shuttle. There's a big new nice building nearing completion on the road I thought was the Ground Shuttle, but there's no parking. I finally drove Old Arrington for the 1st time in years and there is a small building South of the steak house with a lot of parking. That's probably the Ground Shuttle spot. The building along Greens Prairie nearing completion is probably the Rehab place mentioned. The Asian Market spot is still bare dirt.
dave99ag
AG
If it's the building I'm thinking about, it's right behind Caprock ER and Zaxbys. Lots of windows. No idea on that one.

The autcare place looks to be directly behind Discount Tire.
carpe vinum
AG
That's the place I thought was Ground Shuttle, but there's no parking.
South of that is a small building with a big parking lot. That's prolly the Ground Shuttle.
That larger one is probably the rehab place mentioned last year.

Edit: the place behind Discount Tire is the Collision repair place.
dave99ag
AG
A rehab facility makes sense with all of those windows.

I wonder if they take all insurance like the free-standing ER nearby?
CWIsom
The broke ground on the new Dominos on West Villa Maria last week
AggiePlaya
AG
Does anyone know when the new Freddy's on Fitch will open?
blacksg
AG
What is going in where Tarrow turns into E 29th? Lots of dirt work going on.
iisanaggie
AG
The rehab place is Inspire Physical Therapy. They are currently near Barron. They are building a bigger facility.
JR Ewing
AG
Quote:

We popped in the Angry Elephant after the basketball game on Saturday. There was a good crowd when we got there and it was steadily filling up as the afternoon went on. The bartender told us they will be adding a porch out front. I expect to be a regular, great place! If we had not just had lunch I would have tried one of the hot dogs but that will happen next time we go.

I, too, popped into the Angry Elephant after the basketball game and sat at the bar.
Tailgate88
AG
Was it your birthday?
JR Ewing
AG
Nope...but I did stick around to watch the Rockets game...
Tailgate88
AG
Well then you weren't the guy sitting next to me! There were two couples (looked like old Ags) when you first walked in, then my wife and I, then birthday boy & his buddy...I guess you were farther down. I never ventured to those parts of yonder bar. Maybe we'll catch each other next time!
JR Ewing
AG
Was your wife drinking from a Copper cup?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.