BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

703,924 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Arts Council will be moving to 4180 Texas 6 South (former headquarters for the Texas State 4-H).
AggiePhil
AG
And former CSFD Station 3. Interesting.
mazag08
AG
You can remove Lidl. It's not happening.
Captn_Ag05
AG
mazag08 said:

You can remove Lidl. It's not happening.
Not surprised. Maybe that increases the odds that BCS will get a Trader Joes one day!
nought
AG
Porters looks like it is getting closer -- lots of work still going on, but it is all finish-type stuff like wine lockers.

By the way, they seem to be a good example of why people complain about trying to do/open a business in College Station. A lot of their delays have been permit-related.
ChampsAg
Caprock Hospital has their accreditation and hopes to open soon
Captn_Ag05
AG
Porters opens on Monday.
waterchick
I searched but didn't see this...

The Eye Care Center (Dr. Belinda Dobson) is moving March 1st from the corner of Villa Maria and 29th to the Tower Point center: 903 William D. Fitch between Taco Bell and Bahama Buck's.

Also: the Hallmark next to Kroger on Rock Prairie is closing. This weekend is their last weekend I believe. Where am I going to get my keepsake ornaments now?
jrhmc
AG
egret said:

I searched but didn't see this...

The Eye Care Center (Dr. Belinda Dobson) is moving March 1st from the corner of Villa Maria and 29th to the Tower Point center: 903 William D. Fitch between Taco Bell and Bahama Buck's.

Also: the Hallmark next to Kroger on Rock Prairie is closing. This weekend is their last weekend I believe. Where am I going to get my keepsake ornaments now?
I spoke to the people in Hallmark and they have changed owners and will be under a different company for their buyers. They'll still be some kind of card store.
nought
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Porters opens on Monday.
When I walked by yesterday, it didn't look like it would have any hope of being ready to open by Monday. Did you get confirmation of this from someone?
cslifer
As far as I know Porters is on TAMU property, so cocs has nothing to do with any permits for them. It would appear all of their delays are self induced.
Captn_Ag05
AG
nought said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Porters opens on Monday.
When I walked by yesterday, it didn't look like it would have any hope of being ready to open by Monday. Did you get confirmation of this from someone?
They posted it on their social media yesterday.
Captn_Ag05
AG
They also posted today that they are taking reservations for Monday on Opentable.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Got a reservation for 2 on Monday.
hcrt74
AG
My wife works at the Hallmark near Kroger in the Rock Prairie Center. It is not closing permanently. The store is going through an ownership change. They are clearing out the last of their inventory through this weekend. The store will be closed for a brief few days while the new owner restocks the store. The target date to be open fully stocked is March 5th. The store will still be a Hallmark, and my wife assures me they will be able to supply the Keepsake Ornaments and other merchandise you want. Please spread the word. Thanks.
nashvilleaggie11
West End Elixir location #3 coming September 2018.
BCStalk
So I guess El Loco Taco didn't make it?
nought
AG
nashvilleaggie11 said:

West End Elixir location #3 coming September 2018.

Where?
ThunderCatsHOOOO!
Went to the Angry Elephant on Thursday night and I have to say I was disappointed. The food was a let down after looking at a lot of appetizing menu options. The House Made Chips that come with every dish are flavorless. They had a nice crunch's but lacked any kind of seasoning even though they were clearly sprinkled with 'something'. The queso was congealed and tasted like it came out of a jar. The bun on my hotdog was "wet", like one end had been dipped in water...no joke. The dog itself was tasty but the toppings of chili and cheese were underwhelming and lacked any kind of distinct flavor. Again, tasted like both were poured out of a jar or can. Went during happy hour when they have specials on bottled and draft domestics. Unfortunately, when we received our check, were charged full price because apparently Sam Adams' is considered a "premium" domestic, though no one cared to tell me that when I ordered even after asking what was on special and what was on draft.

I typically like to give a place a couple of months to work out the kinks but with limited seating (stood waiting for over 45 min at 5pm) and hit or miss wait staff (one bartender was nice enough but one clearly looked annoyed to be there), it might be a long while before I decide to try them again. Very disappointed since I've been waiting for a place like this to open in South CS.

Let's hope the Brazalian steakhouse has a bar.
AggieAces06
AG
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but the CiCi's to go by the South College Station Lowe's is closed.

Went to pick up a quick dinner and the windows are blocked out with butcher paper and they have signs on the doors. There was also a U-Haul parked out back. Looks like they were moving everything out already.
Captn_Ag05
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Got a reservation for 2 on Monday.

Give us a review tomorrow!
Cyp0111
How was Porters
viejo
I went to Porter's during their "soft" opening. Food was delicious. Gotta get the quail legs, those were awesome. Also had what I think they called crawfish cakes. That was to die for. Porter's is unlike Veritas or Republic in style and ambiance, but in the same category of good high end restaurants in town.

I'll go back. Nice place.
mgreen
Went to the bar at Porter's Tuesday night before the baseball game. Excellent service at the bar and Chuck the owner met and talked to everyone. Pork belly appetizer and filet tacos were excellent. Cocktail was $10. Can not wait to go back for dinner. Love the open kitchen and decor. You can valet park at The George but it is $8.
Cyp0111
My parents ended up going tonight for dinner. They both said the meal, build-out and service was top-notch and Houston/Dallas quality.
unmade bed
BCStalk said:

So I guess El Loco Taco didn't make it?

Looks like it. Too bad. The food was good, seemed like the owner was working his ass off though.
Geop84
AG
Does anyone know if there are plans for the new HEB complex on Wellborn and 2818 to have the ability to go south on Wellborn out of the lot? Right now there is a solid median along that stretch that would prevent a left out of the parking lot.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I believe so. Balcones is being extended from Welsh to Wellborn and the site plan calls for a light to be installed at the new Balcones/Wellborn intersection. I imagine that is being done in order to allow for traffic to go south out of the center onto Wellborn.

Still waiting for news on other tenants for this development!
Look Out Below
AG
Needs to be a light at Navarro/Wellborn too. Way too many idiots jumping out in front of people at that intersection.
Aggiewife64
What is going on with Howdy's Pizza at cap rock? No post on facebook since October.
JM04
AG
I think Howdys is finally going to start within the next few weeks. RX pizza is starting next door to Mad Taco as well. Both will probably be done by early May.
95_Aggie
AG
Going to be a lot of dining options at Caprock ... as opposed to Tower Point's fast food emphasis.
KidDoc
AG
AGnCS said:

Going to be a lot of dining options at Caprock ... as opposed to Tower Point's fast food emphasis.
We went by Mad Taco south last night to try their Cajun specials and it was packed! The specials were fantastic especially the shrimp & grouper etouffe taco and crawfish queso. Such a great restaurant.

Looking forward to Rx pizza I love that place too.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Tried Blake's Steaks for the first time today. Excellent!
carpe vinum
AG
AGnCS said:

Getting pretty exciting .
All within horseback/ walking distance now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.