BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

709,929 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A download of an editable Word document over a PDF that can be opened in the browser? That's ghetto. It's just really poor web design.
95_Aggie
AG
Take it to the Nerdery
redd38
AG
They started putting up structural components of what I assume will be a rooftop bar on the old Loupots building on Northgate.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Yeah, I typically only eat the food at a given establishment- not the menu. So I really don't care what it looks like.
rocketscience
AG
redd38 said:

They started putting up structural components of what I assume will be a rooftop bar on the old Loupots building on Northgate.
I wish they would name this place something like "The Other Corner" to add to College Station's eclecticism instead of just "Z Bar & Bistro"
BryanPooch
Is the Z Bar..a nod to the mis--named Generation Z?
BryanPooch
CN
Sweet Paris temporarily open today for training again. 50% off crepes.
jac4
AG
CN said:

Sweet Paris temporarily open today for training again. 50% off crepes.

Normal hours?
Expert Analysis
AG
Pretty sure they said there were open until 11pm yesterday. Think today is the same.
They were limiting orders by closing the registers off since they didn't want people to wait too long for food since they were training. We did not have to wait too long, maybe 5 minutes. We were there around 7. It was good.
EBrazosAg
AG
Really looking forward to Sweet Paris ...... a little disappointing that their selection of savory crepes don't feature buckwheat. That seems to be the preferred flour for them in France when consumed in authentic small town creperies. Maybe that will come along with time. Either way, menu looks good online.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GSS
We heard about a third-hand rumor that Cooper's BBQ (of Llano fame) is opening a College Station location?
ratfacemcdougal
I just saw a city van a few days ago that had a small coopers bbq sticker on it....and not like a bumper sticker or window sticker give a way.
viejo
GSS said:

We heard about a third-hand rumor that Cooper's BBQ (of Llano fame) is opening a College Station location?
I'll be in Llano in a couple of weeks, I'll ask Terry while I'm there.
rocketscience
AG
Gumby's posted they are moving from the Dominik location. Is this part of the expanded Whataburger plan?
newsjunkie
CJHajda said:

Gumby's posted they are moving from the Dominik location. Is this part of the expanded Whataburger plan?
Yes
oklaunion
newsjunkie said:

CJHajda said:

Yes
It must be a huge one. They already own the corner next to their WB as well as 2 of the lots behind them that front onto Geo Bush E.
JMac03
AG
oklaunion said:

newsjunkie said:

CJHajda said:

Yes
It must be a huge one. They already own the corner next to their WB as well as 2 of the lots behind them that front onto Geo Bush E.
I pointed this out in an earlier post. Apparently its supposed to be one of the biggest locations.
halibut sinclair
Hooter's is offering free food during server training this week (July 18-20):

https://hooters.ticketbud.com/dineforfreebryantx
JMac03
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Hooter's is offering free food during server training this week (July 18-20):

https://hooters.ticketbud.com/dineforfreebryantx

Thank you!!! I will be going.
rocketscience
AG
JMac07 said:

oklaunion said:

newsjunkie said:

CJHajda said:

Yes
I pointed this out in an earlier post. Apparently its supposed to be one of the biggest locations.

I'm hoping it's similar in size and scope to the one in Corpus on the bay!
Captn_Ag05
AG
Will Gumby's have a second location or just the one off Koppe Bridge?
JMac03
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Will Gumby's have a second location or just the one off Koppe Bridge?
This was posted on a previous thread a few pages back:

Quote:

Gumby's moving to another location, presumably former Ninfa's/Wolfie's location.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Thanks, my bad
JMac03
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Thanks, my bad

No worries, I do that kind of stuff all the time. I just happened to know because I read it.
snaglepuss
Man, that sold out quick...
JMac03
AG
snaglepuss said:

Man, that sold out quick...
I had checked back at 3:30 and all were gone. I did mine right away after the post and another coworker right after mine. The first 4-5 slots were sold out when I signed up.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I got mine right away also
JMac03
AG
Progress on the new strip center behind Walmart on Brothers/Longmire.

Geop84
AG
The light is up and working at Wellborn and Balcones (for the HEB), does anyone know when HEB will actually open?
dave99ag
AG
Plans for Grace Bible Church - Creekside next to the Williams Creek subdivision off of William D. Fitch.

DBSwooper
Geop84 said:

The light is up and working at Wellborn and Balcones (for the HEB), does anyone know when HEB will actually open?
In a conversation with a HEB employee that is transferring to the new location, August 12-ish was mentioned.
wendyb
Grace church looks like it is inside the Williams creek subdivision.
Is this campus located to the left of the entrance?
dave99ag
AG
That's correct. You'll come down the Williams Creek neighborhood entrance on Williams Creek Drive and then to the church. Traffic should be fun!
JMac03
AG
I bet the WC residents are thrilled with this addition.
jrhmc
AG
The store manager of the new HEB was on WTAW and stated that the new store is scheduled to open on Sept. 12 but it might be able to move up a week since construction is actually progressing faster than expected.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.