BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

710,040 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
eloc62
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Every 3rd Friday we eat take out pizza. I really loved Papa Murphy's but they are closed. We used Pizza Hut, but they are so expensive for a pizza. We recently tried the Domino's new place out in Tower Pointe in south CS, and it was really good pizza. everybody liked it better than Pizza Hut, and it was less expensive by 5 bucks a pizza. Maybe Domino"s is making a comeback. We will eat there again. Not talking about gourmet or high end pizza places here,
armymom
Marcos is our fav!
JMac03
AG
armymom said:

Marcos is our fav!

Good to know, maybe we will give it a try.
JMac03
AG
eloc62 said:

Every 3rd Friday we eat take out pizza. I really loved Papa Murphy's but they are closed. We used Pizza Hut, but they are so expensive for a pizza. We recently tried the Domino's new place out in Tower Pointe in south CS, and it was really good pizza. everybody liked it better than Pizza Hut, and it was less expensive by 5 bucks a pizza. Maybe Domino"s is making a comeback. We will eat there again. Not talking about gourmet or high end pizza places here,
If you order using their app, you can get "rewards" which after so many orders equals a free pizza. We haven't eaten there in awhile but did quite a bit when they first opened. We did their $5.99 pizza special quite a bit.
theycallmemrtibbs
I rediscovered Domino's a year ago. It's good pizza. To anyone who hasn't had them in awhile you should give them a try.

I like Marco's too but have found them to be horribly inconsistent.
Tailgate88
AG
$7.99 large three topping carry out all day every @ Domino's. And they have a drive thru.
mgreen
AggiePhil said:

Howdy's Pizza looks to be a no-go.
I spoke with the owner a couple of weeks ago. They catered an event for us. He projects to open at the end of July. Pizza was excellent.
aggiepaintrain
AG
You are missing out if you've never had a Brooklyn style Pepperoni from Dominoes
FJB
Captn_Ag05
AG
Century Square updated their tenant list recently, adding two new office tenants (BRW architects and Altisource Asset Management) and one new retail tenant (Clean Juice).
bobinator
AG
We live pretty close to Jones Crossing, it seems to be getting pretty far along for not having announced anything that's going to be in there other than HEB, is that normal?
JMac03
AG
bobinator said:

We live pretty close to Jones Crossing, it seems to be getting pretty far along for not having announced anything that's going to be in there other than HEB, is that normal?
There are several places on the front page that are going into Jones Crossing.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Speaking of Jones Crossing (I do LOVE strip centers apparently), HEB is currently interviewing people for the new store and posted on Facebook that they are looking for additional applicants.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Site Plan for Southern Pointe - http://cstx.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=26011

The plan calls for 2,030 homes on the site of the Texas World Speedway. Is CS going to annex this land?
bobinator
AG
Oh, weird, I did a search and didn't see anything. Guess it helps to keep checking the first page...
Captn_Ag05
AG
If it makes you feel any better, all of the posts on the first page, except HEB, are speculative. There haven't been any official announcements from the developer or site plans submitted yet.

ETA, with the exception of Twin Liquors: http://oldhamgoodwin.com/twin-liquors-opening-new-location-jones-crossing-college-station-tx/
ethridgem
AG
Jones Crossing has a website, but it doesn't have much to it.
http://www.jonescrossingtx.com
EBrazosAg
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Site Plan for Southern Pointe - http://cstx.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=26011

The plan calls for 2,030 homes on the site of the Texas World Speedway. Is CS going to annex this land?

There is way too much money to be made in storing flooded out cars to turn that into a subdivision........
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ethridgem
AG
Those cars are all but gone.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Maybe a subject for another thread, but the 2,000+ home development in far south CS has me thinking. What do y'all think the future of mid-College Station holds (say 2818 to Bush) as non-student development moves further south and student housing is starting to consolidate and become more dense off Bush and off University?
Cyp0111
I think the more likely scenario is College Station ISD taking over large portions of the Navasota school district land near Welborn.
Tailgate88
AG
Cyp0111 said:

I think the more likely scenario is College Station ISD taking over large portions of the Navasota school district land near Welborn.

How would that work? Why would Navasota give up that tax base?
cslifer
No school district is taking any part of another without consent.
bcstx06
What happened to Chick-fil-a building by the 2818 and Villa Maria Walmart? That announcement was made back when Hooters was announced and Hooters is about to open.
EBrazosAg
AG
Cyp0111 said:

There is no way - repeat no way - Navasota ISD is giving up their boundaries and the taxes it brings. Someone's suggest this every few months and it shows no understanding of how school districts work.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Hittag1492
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Maybe a subject for another thread, but the 2,000+ home development in far south CS has me thinking. What do y'all think the future of mid-College Station holds (say 2818 to Bush) as non-student development moves further south and student housing is starting to consolidate and become more dense off Bush and off University?

I know one thing-the value of homes in this area is rising-and quickly...
dallasiteinsa02
Hittag1492 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

I know one thing-the value of homes in this area is rising-and quickly...

Depending on lot values in the new areas, I think this is the next big area for appreciation and remodeling. I would much rather go in and remodel something in an in fill area than go into a new 2100 lot subdivision. I wish College Station or Bryan would do a property tax abatement program to encourage it. They cap the value at the current value with a program to allow increases just like if the home was not remodeled, but for 10 years you don't get taxed at the higher value. Places have done this and seen entire areas turn over in two to three years. It doesn't cost the city anything unless they think the area would have turned over anyways.
mgreen
A new Crepe restaurant appears ready to open any day now in Centry Square. Staff was in uniform placing outdoor tables today.
HortAg09
AG
Sweet Paris. I was looking for something to eat when I was in Rice Village with a buddy of mine and we wandered into Sweet Paris there. It was absolutely delicious. I'm so excited to see they have put one in at Century Square.
bobinator
AG
So what's the scoop of 5 Knocks, do I need to just randomly tap on the walls of the La Salle until someone opens one?
Tailgate88
AG
bobinator said:

So what's the scoop of 5 Knocks, do I need to just randomly tap on the walls of the La Salle until someone opens one?

Ask the bartender upstairs. They'll tell you how to find it.
KidDoc
AG
Tailgate88 said:

bobinator said:

Ask the bartender upstairs. They'll tell you how to find it.
This intrigues me!
litig8r187
AG
EBrazosAg said:

Cyp0111 said:

There is no way - repeat no way - Navasota ISD is giving up their boundaries and the taxes it brings. Someone's suggest this every few months and it shows no understanding of how school districts work.
That was brought up to the NISD School Board by several developers a number of years ago. NISD basically laughed and told them,, they (builders), would eventually cross that line and NISD will reap the benefits forever. There was no short-term offer they would make that would outweigh the benefit of keeping the land. Also, notice Navasota has been annexing into Brazos County for several years and I doubt they are finished with that move.
AG 86 BC
AG
5 Knocks is a pretty cool bar, but they really need to get rid of the cigar smoking or get much better ventilation, or both. Way too smoky for me.
LightningDammitt
AG
AG 86 BC said:

5 Knocks is a pretty cool bar, but they really need to get rid of the cigar smoking or get much better ventilation, or both. Way too smoky for me.
Huh... VERY few smoking every time I have been there...
halibut sinclair
Been to 5 knocks a few times. It's so small that just 1 person smoking can stink up the place.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.