BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

709,982 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
dave99ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How's the beer selection?
KidDoc
AG
dave99ag said:

How's the beer selection?
I didn't explore the bottles had about 8 tap beers, I had a Karbach love street. The taps were on the other side of the room from where I was sitting.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bushytailed
AG
KBTX posted an article about Bonappetea on Nagel in Northgate. It serves Vietnamese sandwiches and bubble tea. Has anyone here tried it?
jac4
AG
Saw a sign today on Old Arrington for an Asian market and grocery. I forget the name though. Didn't see it on the OP.
nought
AG
How family friendly is Angry Elephant? I consider buffalo wild wings and the lower booth seating area of fox and hound to be family friendly enough for me. I'm not even averse to an occasional trip to Hooters. But, I don't want a place that only has bar-height seating, too loud of music, etc.

Thoughts? Even better, pictures of the inside?
KidDoc
AG
All of the seating is bar height. I went the night of the legendary Saints vs Vikings game so they had the game on the speakers and it was pretty loud.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MiMi
S
Quote:

How family friendly is Angry Elephant?
It is a bar with most of the seating at the bar. There are 4-5 bar-height tables directly across from the bar. You can check out some interior photos on their Facebook page. When we were there on Saturday, the place was moderately busy but not too loud - the football playoff game was on. With that being said, the menu is family friendly - hot dogs, cheeseburger, sandwiches, salads, wings. I'd take my teenagers to try it out, but would be sure to go for lunch or an early dinner.

The Angry Elephant
Tailgate88
AG
Tempting... will have to get by there sometime soon! (From the Angry Elephant Facebook page...)

Quote:

We want everyone to stay safe tomorrow and if you are able to get out and join us for our BEAT THE COLD SPECIAL ... then you will enjoy our HOT Chili and a Domestic Beer for $5! It may be COLD outside but our Chili is HOT! Come see us and get WARM with our HOT Chili! Yes I said chili, so no beans are EVER in our chili....
Fleen
Have enjoyed the angry elephant in San Antonio, chili was good, ditto on the dogs...

Anybody know what happened to the Bush's? Live right by the Bryan (TX Ave) location, our of the blue it was "closed for renovations"...
Chef Demas 2020
AG
Does anyone know the timetable for Porters steak house in century square?

EBrazosAg
AG
Only the 21 Bush's remains open and that's the way it will be. The others are closed, not renovating.
Cyp0111
I bet it is ready in March. I walked by recently and expect they have a solid 6 weeks of construction left...if everything goes well.
eloc62
just learned that Cajun to Geaux is open for lunch from 11-2 on 21 near bypass. anyone been there lately?
dantheman
I think Cajun to Geaux is closed. I know they were selling their trailer per their facebook page. I hope I am wrong though!

https://www.facebook.com/crawfishtogeauxbcs/
eloc62
I saw their post on eat bcs or something that they were open. maybe an old post, who knows. still wish we had a good cajun place to eat here.
mmtexasace
AG
eloc62 said:

still wish we had a good cajun place to eat here.

I miss Hebert's Cajun Food that was right across from campus.
MiMi
S
Anyone eaten at The Remnant From Nawlins (on Groesbeck St in Bryan)? I've driven by it a couple times and I'm curious if it is worth trying out.
CharlieBrown17
AG
MiMi said:

Anyone eaten at The Remnant From Nawlins (on Groesbeck St in Bryan)? I've driven by it a couple times and I'm curious if it is worth trying out.

Do it, it's good and they're good people
Geralt of Rivia
S
Agree with CharlieBrown
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
What about the Mexican joint at Dodge & College Main?

In the 80's it was called something like Casa Chapultapec and was REAL good. Most of the people working in there were from the Raymondville area IIRC

Passed by there during FB season and its been updated and has a bar attached on the N side.
AG
Sounds like Mi Pueblito, I like it. One of the few Mexican places we rotate through.

Usually get the cheese enchiladas.
MiMi
S
Quote:

Saw a sign today on Old Arrington for an Asian market and grocery. I forget the name though. Didn't see it on the OP.
Just dove by there this morning. The sign says "Spice World Market" and 'Asian groceries & more.'
carpe vinum
AG
More "etc..." than business, but will have a significant impact on all.

Greens Prairie Reserve
902 lots on 369 acres

RGRAg1/75
AG
Do you know the timeline on that? It typical CS fashion, I'm sure they will wait to widen GP until well after the project is underway, or even completed. 902 lots is pretty significant.
carpe vinum
AG
No idea.
I've heard rumors of this for several years it seems, but this is the first plan I've seen.
Oogway
City is darned if they do, darned if they don't. Wait and listen to everyone grumble, pay (well actually, you pay) to do it now and watch as all the heavy construction traffic tears up the road and have to redo it a year later.

Back on topic, that may come to fruition before the TWS site does.

Any more news on the Tad's over by Pebblecreek/Lowe's center?
jja79
AG
It's fantastic.
dave99ag
AG
carpe vinum said:

More "etc..." than business, but will have a significant impact on all.

Greens Prairie Reserve
902 lots on 369 acres
One of the entrances is aligned with Harper's Ferry. Nantuckites are gonna be pissed!
carpe vinum
AG
Indeed.
Smokin Chisel
AG
Yes! We went to New Orleans during the holidays and waited in line an hour at a highly recommended, very popular po boy place and it was not as good as the one at The Remnant.
new straw
Y'all, if you want a great poboy on the way to New Orleans, just stop in lake Charles at Darryl's. I promise you'll thank me later.
EBrazosAg
AG
Cities and county and state all say they build and improve roads "for" traffic, not "to allow for" traffic. Sensible or not, they are not going to start widening roads until the traffic on them demands such. In a way it makes sense - because how many developments have a timeline that moves - the TMS development as exhibit 1.
EBrazosAg
AG
Let's remember this is a B/CS coming and going thread.......not other cities or states.
RGRAg1/75
AG
EBrazosAg said:

Cities and county and state all say they build and improve roads "for" traffic, not "to allow for" traffic. Sensible or not, they are not going to start widening roads until the traffic on them demands such. In a way it makes sense - because how many developments have a timeline that moves - the TMS development as exhibit 1.

I've been driving GP between Wellborn and Fitch for years. After opening CG 2 and Creek Forest, and now adding a third school, it is past sensible.
michellecan
Quote:

What about the Mexican joint at Dodge & College Main?

In the 80's it was called something like Casa Chapultapec and was REAL good. Most of the people working in there were from the Raymondville area IIRC

Passed by there during FB season and its been updated and has a bar attached on the N side.

You're right. In the 80's it was Casa Chapultepec, which was owned and ran by Jesse Ocana. Who now owns Jesse's Taqueria on 29th and Briarcrest.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.