BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

712,479 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
Ag2Max
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I read the same thing. There seems to be demand for non student upscale apartment housing!! I guess being the 6th fastest growing city in the nation would create that demand.
JMac03
AG
dave99ag
AG
JMac03 said:

Looks like it's owned by the folks at Witt's End. If this is true, I fear for my wallet as my wife love's Witt's End.
AggiePhil
AG
Heard Maddie joy is a boutique pet store.
medjunkie
Bushes on 21 sign says " reopening soon" as of today
AggiePhil
AG
New Starbucks is open.
AggiePhil
AG
medjunkie said:

Yeah. Reopening soon as another business maybe.
BrandoC
AG
If the old Bushes Chicken at Tower Point would turn into a Dairy Queen that would be a money maker.
Geralt of Rivia
S
medjunkie said:

My parents will be happy if this is true
viejo
FlyRod said:

Quote:

Supposed to be coming to Century Square.

https://www.ambriza.com/

Just looked at their menu. I really, really hope this rumor turns out to be true.
Just the latest on the list of places I won't be frequenting until Century Square does away with paid parking.
Geralt of Rivia
S
viejo said:

FlyRod said:

Quote:

Supposed to be coming to Century Square.

https://www.ambriza.com/

Just looked at their menu. I really, really hope this rumor turns out to be true.
Just the latest on the list of places I won't be frequenting until Century Square does away with paid parking.

If it's that big of an issue, just call in your order and park in a to go space. Nobody cares to read that you don't want to pay a dollar for parking
Counterpoint
AG
viejo said:

Username checks out (in Spanish).
95_Aggie
AG
You can tell viejo really wishes he could go to Century Square but can't afford the parking.

He brings it up every time he posts.
JMac03
AG
Sign for "Studios on 6" on building nedt to Stella's.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
What is "Studios on 6" ?
I guess he has never been to Northgate, Houston, Austin, Dallas, or anywhere larger than College Station.
medjunkie
The lights have been a few times, I drive by it daily, as I live off hwy 21, and work off university. It's only been "closed" maybe 2 weeks. People are still pulling up trying to order.

Does anyone know if the same person owned all 3 locations?
toolshed
AG
That was my understanding when they opened. I can't imagine opening three at the same time, expecting all to do well and survive. Especially in the chicken strip market!!
UglyScientist
JMac03 said:

Sign for "Studios on 6" on building nedt to Stella's.

I thought it said "Suites on 6" and then I thought maybe it's just the name of the strip center.
JMac03
AG
Sorry it is Suites on 6. Not Studios on 6.
medjunkie
That's what I was thinking too. Open one see how you do, then open a second location if you're doing well. Considering 2 locations were near chicken places already, and they were pretty well established ( chick fil a, zaxby, wings). I do know that the 21 location would have a pretty good crowd some days on my way home from work, I only ate at the 6 location once when I worked off rock prairie. I stopped going when they discontinued the baked beans.
gopitt
Glad to see I'm not the only person tired of the guy who continually posts he is too cheap to pay for parking.
Great. I just got your parking spot.
Viejo needs to get out in the real world.
jeffk
AG
21 location is right across the street from a typically busy Wings N More Express.
Cyp0111
I had brunch today at Porters bf the game and tailgating. Cost $2 to park in the garage. Wife bought some stuff at the local market bf heading out. If it takes pay parking to get a nice development, I'm in.
JM04
AG
Suites on 6 is collaborative workspace like the hub.

Maddie joy is a women's boutique

Not sure if it's been mentioned but sabi is moving to century square

bcstx06
JM04 said:

Suites on 6 is collaborative workspace like the hub.

Maddie joy is a women's boutique

Not sure if it's been mentioned but sabi is moving to century square

I believe that Sabi is just opening a 2nd location there to test out business at that location. I could be wrong though.

I have upadtaed the front page, but I know that I have missed a lot of businesses, so if you see anything I missed, let me know and I will move/remove or add whatever is missing. Thanks!
Collectonian
bcstx06 said:

I have upadtaed the front page, but I know that I have missed a lot of businesses, so if you see anything I missed, let me know and I will move/remove or add whatever is missing. Thanks!

From the coming soon list, these are all now open:

HEB Shopping Center - Welborn & 2818
Marshall's - Old Bryan Hastings
Nam Cafe - by The Rise
Sweet Paris Creperie and Cafe - Century Square

I think the ShareTea is also now open, but not positive.
Collectonian
Cake Junkie has opened a location at Post Oak Mall.
JayHowdy!
medjunkie said:

That's what I was thinking too. Open one see how you do, then open a second location if you're doing well. Considering 2 locations were near chicken places already, and they were pretty well established ( chick fil a, zaxby, wings). I do know that the 21 location would have a pretty good crowd some days on my way home from work, I only ate at the 6 location once when I worked off rock prairie. I stopped going when they discontinued the baked beans.
Bush's is just not having trouble here. They have closed multiple locations across the state. I assume they grew to quick, and could not handle the management.
EBrazosAg
AG
JayHowdy! said:

medjunkie said:

Bush's is just not having trouble here. They have closed multiple locations across the state. I assume they grew to quick, and could not handle the management.

That, and the usual pains that businesses have with generational change, from what I have heard.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aggie
AG
BrandoC said:

If the old Bushes Chicken at Tower Point would turn into a Dairy Queen that would be a money maker.

Taco cabana would be better
RGRAg1/75
AG
Aggie said:

BrandoC said:

Fuego would be best.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Id vote for an expanded menu Jesse's

Anybody who thinks otherwise is just wrong
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

Aggie said:

BrandoC said:

Fuego would be best.
Funny thing is I have reliable info that they were close to an offer on the location and decided otherwise pretty soon after it closed.......
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
RGRAg1/75
AG
That's not funny. Need them in south CS. I guess Taco C would work, but fuego would be (lit emoji).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.