BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

708,690 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else hearing the end is nigh for West End?
Cyp0111
West End Elixir? Didnt they just open a new location in Bryan?
nashvilleaggie11
Where did you hear that? I've heard nothing of the sort...
redd38
AG
Cyp0111 said:

Not the Bryan location, just the Northgate one I think.
LightningDammitt
AG
redd38 said:

Cyp0111 said:

Not the Bryan location, just the Northgate one I think.

I wonder if it is for the same reason Black Water Draw closed their Northgate location... and kept their Downtown Bryan location...?
carpe vinum
AG
It wouldn't surprise me if all that we think of as Northgate is bulldozed in the next few years.
That will all be 10+ story buildings before long.
DimeBox17
AG
I know they will do well out there but I don't see BCS supporting 3 IHOP locations, Cracker Barrel, Denny's and Kettle.
Look Out Below
AG
Cracker Barrel & Kettle won't be going anywhere. Those places always seem packed when I go.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I think they will do fine. There is a shortage of breakfast places.

As a reminder, Mo's Irish Pub finally opens its doors today at 3. Looked nice on KBTX this morning.
95_Aggie
AG
I knew it was coming, but it still amazes me that Tower Point is getting yet another car wash.
Captn_Ag05
AG
BCS Fitness going in south CS near Urban Table.
RGRAg1/75
AG
AGnCS said:

I knew it was coming, but it still amazes me that Tower Point is getting yet another car wash.

Tower point is the most mis-managed major development around. The Wellborn H-E-B development is how it's done. Absurd waste of prime real estate.

/rant
jac4
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

AGnCS said:

Tower point is the most mis-managed major development around. The Wellborn H-E-B development is how it's done. Absurd waste of prime real estate.

/rant

OTOH, if you need your nails done, kids tutored, check deposited, and a fast food burger, it is THE place to go!
Captn_Ag05
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

AGnCS said:

/rant
Without knowing what is going in that development or it being done, why are you convinced it is "how it's done?" Jones Crossing hasn't made any announcements other than HEB, but the rumors (nail place, place to get your hair cut, etc.) sound like the typical retail center.

ETA - not defending Tower Point, just curious why all the optimism about Jones Crossing.
halibut sinclair
RGRAg1/75 said:

AGnCS said:

/rant
Golf courses and cemeteries are the biggest waste of prime real estate!

RGRAg1/75
AG
halibut sinclair said:

RGRAg1/75 said:

AGnCS said:

/rant
Golf courses and cemeteries are the biggest waste of prime real estate!

I'm a golfer, so can't agree with that part. They're good to preserve some green space as well when in city limits.

Now cemeteries....idgaf what becomes of my body when I die, so yes, I agree cemeteries are a waste of space.
ranh1
Looks they might be building townhomes at Crescent Pointe and Copperfield in College Station. Anybody seen anything on this?
TXAGBQ76
AG
Yep!!!
snaglepuss
So you are going to make me go to the coming and going board and switch to the last page and scroll down to find a new post and you say "yep".... don't do that.
halibut sinclair
snaglepuss said:

So you are going to make me go to the coming and going board and switch to the last page and scroll down to find a new post and you say "yep".... don't do that.

Broncos
snaglepuss said:

I just wanted someone to have to open this to see post number 1,000.
emtes
AG
there are two townhome projects in the works over there.. I think they have begun dirt work for both
TXAGBQ76
AG
yep! it was your choice to open and scroll down...
toolshed
AG
snaglepuss said:

Save yourself a precious 4 seconds and just click on the "last poster/ time" under or next to the amount of replies on the thread.

One click, view last post of the thread, back button...it'll change your life!!
Captn_Ag05
AG
Learning Express Toys is now open on University near Ulta. Nice timing with Toys R Us going under.
techno-ag
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Learning Express Toys is now open on University near Ulta. Nice timing with Toys R Us going under.
Saw them on the morning KBTX. Looks good.
halibut sinclair
Captn_Ag05
AG
You made me scroll all the way down for a thumbs up?!
armymom
Thank you so much! Learned something new today!
Rapier108

Captn_Ag05
AG
Rusty was only like three weeks late on this.

Bring us some news on Jones Crossing and then we will be thankful!
snaglepuss
TXAGBQ76 said:

Yes, expecting to see a real post.
Broncos
snaglepuss said:

TXAGBQ76 said:

Yes, expecting to see a real post.

So was I.
bushytailed
AG
Jesse"s #2 is doing a trial run until 4pm today and a soft opening 11am-8pm tomorrow per their FB. Official opening is 6/4!

https://www.facebook.com/jessestaqueria/posts/1024399887708331
TXAGBQ76
AG
No way that'll happen; this is TexAgs where you dig deep to find something to whine about

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.