BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

709,854 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MiMi
S
Quote:

KBTX says new South CS Rx Pizza open on Greens Prairie.
The new location opened last week for lunch (11am - 3pm) Monday-Friday. Per their website - they will be open these limited hours while they complete their staff. We went Friday for lunch. The menu and dcor are identical to the Bryan location. Love the large patio. Happy to have another great dining option in that part of town!
D_Wag97
AG
RafterAg223 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Rapier108 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

New apartments to go in at Arrington and Old Arrington, close to Blue Baker.
Just what that intersection needs.
What high school will that be zoned to? Maybe they will age restrict (21+) the apartments there to keep college kids out.

None of the luxury apartments being built in South College Station are being designed and constructed with college students in mind. These new projects are all leased by the unit instead of by the bed and 1 bedroom apartments are going in the neighborhood of $1,000 per month. People down here get fixated way too much on college students when they hear the term apartment thrown around. Starter home affordability is not the greatest in this town right now and there are more young working people and families in transition coming in to the market every day. My wife and I had to live in apartments in Park Hudson for a couple years before we were able to put a down payment on our home 15 years ago. Quick tours of the major metropolitan areas in this state will show that not all apartments evil and many even reside amongst white collar neighborhoods in close proximity to many seven figure homes.
I'm not concerned about who lives there, I'm concerned about the lack of planning for the additional traffic.
halibut sinclair
Signage up and landscaping going in at Hooters. Looks to be getting close!
australopithecus robustus
Finally! The belt buckle of the Bible Belt gets a Hooters!
AgySkeet06
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Signage up and landscaping going in at Hooters. Looks to be getting close!
Anyone heard the opening date?
ChampsAg
Did not see it posted. Freezing Cow rolling ice cream is open. Be prepared to wait. They were on KBTX today and we waited 45 minutes from order to eating.

Interesting concept and look forward to trying more flavors
Captn_Ag05
AG
ChampsAg said:

Did not see it posted. Freezing Cow rolling ice cream is open. Be prepared to wait. They were on KBTX today and we waited 45 minutes from order to eating.

Was it crowded or did it just take that long for the product to harden up and be rolled out?
nought
AG
ChampsAg said:

Where?
emtes
AG
I think it is in the Best Buy shopping center
emtes
AG
I would assume both. I reluctantly watched a 4 minute video someone posted on facebook of their ice cream being prepared.
CDub06
AG
True. I've watched the guys in The Woodlands making the ice cream and it's a whole production. It's not a quick process even if you're the only one in line.
KidDoc
AG
Wife & I tried Star Cinema Grill Tuesday night for Deadpool 2. The garage arms were up so no hassle with paying/validating for century square. Overall it was a great experience but there are a few things I would do differently next time.

1) Tuesday night rocks- apparently it is 1/2 price tickets. I paid $5 + $1.50 "convince fee" online per ticket which is a bargain for movies.

2) Jack & Coke Icee- I was underwhelmed with this. It didn't taste like there is any Jack Daniels in there at all. Will not get again for $10.

3) Food- I had the cajun cobb salad and wife got a pizza. The pizzas are pretty huge and easily enough for two people to split which is what I plan to do in the future. The salad was pretty gigantic as well and had a generous portion of shrimp (about 8).

4) Seating- the seats are pretty good but not as plush as the Cinemark college station. Still very comfy. Theater was pretty dang cold which seems to be common issue with movies.

5) Picture- the picture is great- not the biggest screen but very sharp.

6) Customer service- outstanding throughout. They were really working hard and very polite.

7) The food ended up a touch pricey but that is likely due to not sharing a pizza and I had the icee + a beer and my wife had one mixed drink which are overpriced as usual. If you are watching your bank account you could easily split a pizza and drink water and it would be a cheap but fun date.

8) Shared trays- the seats share a tray and I purchased a 6 &7 so my wife and I sat next to each other but shared trays with other people which is a bit weird. If buying a couple of seats you want the shared tray so get 1&2, or 3&4, or 5&6, or 7&8 etc.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
halibut sinclair
Quote:

2) Jack & Coke Icee- I was underwhelmed with this. It didn't taste like there is any Jack Daniels in there at all. Will not get again for $10.
The Jack & Coke Icee at Willie's is really good, if you've never had one there.
CharlieBrown17
AG
They did you a favor if it didn't taste like Jack
ChampsAg
Crowded. Not a fast process. They called in extra help.

Feels like a fad that won't be as packed after a few weeks
gunan01
AG
Didn't we already have an ice cream rolls type place in the mall a couple years ago? Lasted less than 6 months.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Anyone know anything about the new business park (The Creeks at College Station)? Is it a build it and (hope) they come kind of thing or do they have any potential businesses lined up? How much is the city shelling out for this development?
jrhmc
AG
gunan01 said:

Didn't we already have an ice cream rolls type place in the mall a couple years ago? Lasted less than 6 months.
It was in the mall. Location is king. That being said, I'm not sure that where it is now is any better.
double b
AG
Tried the ice cream rolls last night. Cost $32 for 5 cups which seemed a bit high to me. The line wasn't long at all and ordered right away but it took them a good 40 minutes to complete our order.

The iceciis very good but be prepared to wait. Their business model is not set up for a quick turn around as it takes a few minutes for them to make a single order.

It was a great experience for the kids but make sure you budget plenty of time to hang out.
LastHamlet
AG
double b said:

Tried the ice cream rolls last night. Cost $32 for 5 cups which seemed a bit high to me. The line wasn't long at all and ordered right away but it took them a good 40 minutes to complete our order.

The iceciis very good but be prepared to wait. Their business model is not set up for a quick turn around as it takes a few minutes for them to make a single order.

It was a great experience for the kids but make sure you budget plenty of time to hang out.

$32 for 5 cups? Glad I live in Thailand where they are about .40 cents a cup in my town and maybe .50- 60 cents in the tourist areas.
techno-ag
AG
double b said:

"Kinda expensive for this town."

/Aggieland Board.
CactusThomas
AG
LastHamlet said:

double b said:

$32 for 5 cups? Glad I live in Thailand where they are about .40 cents a cup in my town and maybe .50- 60 cents in the tourist areas.

Glad I live in college station where we have blue bell.

And air conditioning.
And toilet paper.
LastHamlet
AG
CactusThomas said:

LastHamlet said:

double b said:

Glad I live in college station where we have blue bell.

And air conditioning.
And toilet paper.

You should travel more. At least go to Caldwell.
ShellyJ
Mo's Irish Pub, opening May 30th in Century Square at 3 pm! www.mosirishpub.com/cs
jja79
AG
Will do well.
eloc62
ShellyJ said:

Mo's Irish Pub, opening May 30th in Century Square at 3 pm! www.mosirishpub.com/cs
need me a good fish n chip place here in town. hope they are worth going there! I first fell in love with fish n chips back in the 70's while growing up as a kid in Houston and going to Alfie's Fish & Chips. I have loved it every since. gotta have a good malt vinegar to put on the fish to make it authentic.
FILO505
AG
Went to Caso de Brasil for lunch today. Wow.

Been to Brazilian steakhouses before. This one did not disappoint. If I had to nitpick:

Reservations pushed us to the bar. Caesar salad could've been more flavorful.

Legitimately all I have, in the way of criticism. Phenomenal service, enjoyable lighting for a lunch, everything cooked as requested.
Counterpoint
AG
tombdaddy504 said:

Been to Brazilian steakhouses before. This one did not disappoint. If I had to nitpick:

Legitimately all I have, in the way of criticism. Phenomenal service, enjoyable lighting for a lunch, everything cooked as requested.
Glad to hear it's busy, but sorry y'all got pushed to the bar!

The Original AG 76
AG
If it's as good as the location on 290 you will love their fish n chips. Excellent and good British malt vinegar
FILO505
AG
Counterpoint said:

tombdaddy504 said:

Glad to hear it's busy, but sorry y'all got pushed to the bar!

Oops. Worded that wrong/not fully explained. Pushed to the bar to be seated after our reservation. Still ended up in the dining area, just later than scheduled. Only odd thing was there were plenty of tables. Guess they knew I wanted a gin and tonic. Haha
ShellyJ
eloc62 said:

ShellyJ said:

need me a good fish n chip place here in town. hope they are worth going there! I first fell in love with fish n chips back in the 70's while growing up as a kid in Houston and going to Alfie's Fish & Chips. I have loved it every since. gotta have a good malt vinegar to put on the fish to make it authentic.
That's awesome, it's great when food creates memories. I had their fish and chips at their Houston Pub and they were great.
Captn_Ag05
AG
New IHOP going in South College Station on 6. Looks like in front of HEB.
Kitten With A Whip
Heard that Popeye's Chicken @2818 and Villa Maria will be reopening in 4-6 weeks.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Any news on Dat dog? Weren't they aiming for early June?

ETA: guess it's July not June.

https://www.qsrmagazine.com/news/new-orleans-dat-dog-headed-college-station

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.