BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

709,419 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I really like 1541 if I want a fresh cup, I also get my beans from What's the Buzz over by Tractor Supply.

I'd put coffee up there with burgers and mexican food on things that this town has a lot of good options for.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
Big Bend Coffee Roasters!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...grateful for grace.....
Otto Braun 6/6/12-12/26/13
--cure pediatric cancer--
dave99ag
AG
Thanks! That's who I figured, but maybe there was another one hiding out there.
theycallmemrtibbs
bobinator said:

I really like 1541 if I want a fresh cup, I also get my beans from What's the Buzz over by Tractor Supply.

I'd put coffee up there with burgers and mexican food on things that this town has a lot of good options for.
You're joking about the mexican food, right? This town doesn't have any mexican food and the vast majority of the tex-mex is just barely mediocre.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Quote:

You're joking about the mexican food, right? This town doesn't have any mexican food and the vast majority of the tex-mex is just barely mediocre.

I agree, but I'm from Mecca, aka The RGV

Late 80s, early 90s there was a great place on College up N of Grahams. Casa Chapultepec.
That location is now beer joint looking place

Anybody know if the RGV family that owned Chapultepec moved to a new location or are they just gone?
bobinator
AG
Raspas El Payasito, La Familia Taqueria, La Carreta, Jesse's, Taqueria El Tio are all plenty good.

I do agree we don't have a lot of good sit-down-and-have-a-margarita type Mexican restaurants though.
michellecan
SPI, Jesse Ocana owned Casa Chapultepec. He's from the RGV. He now owns Jesse's Taqueria
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
michellecan said:

SPI, Jesse Ocana owned Casa Chapultepec. He's from the RGV. He now owns Jesse's Taqueria

Thx!

Jon Ponder 08
AG
Had yet to have WTB but picked some up at HEB this morning. Solid stuff!
Kbeauty63
AG
Was in the Starbucks at University @ the bypass this morning. They will be closing that location & opening one with a drive thru around Tarrow & University by late 2019.
carpe vinum
AG
Broncos
You have my attention. Anyone know?!
bushytailed
AG
Kbeauty63 said:

Was in the Starbucks at University @ the bypass this morning. They will be closing that location & opening one with a drive thru around Tarrow & University by late 2019.
Are they waiting until the new location opens before they close the current location?
Imagine the riots if people can't get their double venti, triple shot, sugar-free vanilla, half soy, coffee-flavored sugar water with the caramel drizzle and extra whipped cream.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I thought earlier this year the Is that a Thing podcast said they would be keeping the other University Dr. location open and just adding the new one by the Hilton with a drive through.
Captn_Ag05
AG
carpe vinum said:

Tag Rusty Surette - he likes to find out these things.
techno-ag
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

carpe vinum said:

"Keep it clean, restaurants. We're watching!"
aggiepaintrain
AG
I know
FJB
Broncos
Captn_Ag05 said:

carpe vinum said:

Yea, but it seems he gets his info from here since he's usually a few days after it breaks here.
Broncos
Well?
AgFan1999
AG
Bill Miller's looking at the B/CS market.
dave99ag
AG
Meh. I'd put Bill Miller's BBQ below Rudy's unless you like gallon jugs of ice tea.
JMac03
AG
AgFan1999 said:

Interesting on Bill Miller. Years ago they were my account. They only had a certain radius they would build restaurants since everything from what I understood was made at a central location and then distributed. Now this was 15 years ago so many they have more than one main distribution spot not.
law80
AG
There is a BBQ place and a wine bar going on in south college station that Cap Rock is in the process of building now.
dallasiteinsa02
JMac07 said:

AgFan1999 said:

Interesting on Bill Miller. Years ago they were my account. They only had a certain radius they would build restaurants since everything from what I understood was made at a central location and then distributed. Now this was 15 years ago so many they have more than one main distribution spot not.
Everything is produced at their downtown plant. It is really not very good. I would put in the Dickey's category and we all know how that went.
bushytailed
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

JMac07 said:

AgFan1999 said:

Everything is produced at their downtown plant. It is really not very good. I would put in the Dickey's category and we all know how that went.

Forget their bbq. The pies are where it's at.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
In my lifetime of eating at Bill Millers, all i have ever had is chicken or CFS

...........and sweet tea and a pie

Never had the bbq.
bushytailed
AG
Grand opening for Stella Southern Cafe is this Saturday 7/28.
CRE-Ag
AG
I'm originally from San Antonio and love Bill Millers. Their brisket is pretty average most of the time, but the rest of their food is pretty good. Quick and convenient. Their breakfast, specifically their tacos, are what I'm most excited about having in BCS.
techno-ag
AG
Hooters now open as per KBTX.

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Hooters-restaurant-now-open-in-Bryan-488934751.html

2 dozen people waiting in line for the doors to open.
BlueMiles
AG
Techno, I saw that Golden Corral is now hiring, so the wait should be over soon.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I can't imagine cleaning the restrooms there.
CDub06
AG
You're being generous with "average." And those jerks charge for sweet tea refills. They're dead to me.
carpe vinum
AG
carpe vinum said:

I want whomever is installing that turf to do my lawn.
AgsWin2011
AG
Look up Perfect Turf. They are out of state but have installers in the area. All in all installed would probably run around $4-6 per SQFT depending on what turf you go with. It's pretty expensive but I would like to do this with the lawn on my next house (hoping to build soon). Expensive up front but little to no maintenance and no watering bill spikes or mowing.
bobinator
AG
Jon Ponder 08 said:

Had yet to have WTB but picked some up at HEB this morning. Solid stuff!
You can get it even fresher from their actual roastery over behind the BCS Asian Market and Tractor Supply. If you're not sure which blend you'll like they'll also give you some pointers and they usually have at least one or two freshly brewed that you can try.

Literally don't know anything about them, but they seem like good people and I love their coffee.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.