BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

709,425 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
Broncos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Don't get the most expensive tacos on the menu for lunch then.

$12 for lunch tacos at a sit down restaurant is not terrible. Sorry it's more than a Taco Bell combo.
snaglepuss
mgreen said:

What are they building next to the Mercedes and BMW dealerships at the corner on the bypass?
If you are talking about the spot next to Ninfa's, that is going to be a La Quinta.
Captn_Ag05
AG
snaglepuss said:

mgreen said:

What are they building next to the Mercedes and BMW dealerships at the corner on the bypass?
If you are talking about the spot next to Ninfa's, that is going to be a La Quinta.
That is quite a bit north of where the dealerships are going, I believe.
jja79
AG
Give it a try. I just opined that a group went and didn't care to go back. Different strokes you know?

The poblano soup is good.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Ive never gotten the love for Jimmy Johns. Its awful.
Cyp0111
It is different by I enjoyed it. The pork quesadilla was fantastic.
Beau Bevers
AG
I like it a lot more than Subway. To each his own.
76Ag
AG
What does "social" mean in the context of a Mexican restaurant? Is the seating bankette or family style?
K2T2
76Ag said:

What does "social" mean in the context of a Mexican restaurant? Is the seating bankette or family style?
I think it means double dipping and mixing the red and green salsas in their bowls is allowed, and you have to take it without kicking the person who inconsiderately tainted the salsa under the table.
viejo
dallasiteinsa02 said:

deh40 said:

Supposed to be coming to Century Square.

https://www.ambriza.com/
Expensive Mexican food is not a concept that works we especially in BCS.
Expensive Mexican food with expensive parking......Would love to try it. Not paying for parking in B/CS. Ever.
95_Aggie
AG
nvm
JayHowdy!
viejo said:

dallasiteinsa02 said:

deh40 said:

Supposed to be coming to Century Square.

https://www.ambriza.com/
Expensive Mexican food is not a concept that works we especially in BCS.
Expensive Mexican food with expensive parking......Would love to try it. Not paying for parking in B/CS. Ever.
I bet you pay for parking at a football game.
techno-ag
AG
The company that owns Arby's & BWW has bought out Sonic, including the local locations.

http://wtaw.com/2018/09/25/sonic-drive-ins-being-purchased-by-parent-company-of-arbys-buffalo-wild-wings/
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
FlyRod
Both places with higher quality food...maybe they'll bring Sonic up to their level. Tremendous news!
halibut sinclair
JMac03
AG
So does my Sonic stock stay the same? Do they keep their identity when this happens? I don't really do much with stocks but I've had a handful of shares since I was 17 or 18.
australopithecus robustus
I can't imagine them changing their brand identity. I would suspect this is an investment to diversify and gain more market share as burgers represent the largest market share of all foods.
techno-ag
AG
Dunno. Will the commercials change with those two crazy guys cracking jokes at the drive-in?

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
JMac03
AG
australopithecus robustus said:

I can't imagine them changing their brand identity. I would suspect this is an investment to diversify and gain more market share as burgers represent the largest market share of all foods.
Thanks. I didn't figure "Sonic" would go away but I didn't know what happened to stocks in this situation. Not that it matters much, we are talking about several hundred bucks, nothing major.
mgreen
Sonic corporate was a client for many years. Absolute ball busters to work with but a good group of people.
ratfacemcdougal
Inspire is a multi-brand restaurant company whose portfolio includes more than 4,700 Arby's, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Rusty Taco locations worldwide. Following the completion of the transaction, Sonic will be a privately-held subsidiary of Inspire and will continue to be operated as an independent brand.

its all in the details
ethridgem
AG
ratfacemcdougal said:

and Rusty Taco
Does anyone else miss the Rusty Taco we had on University? Closed in 2012 or 13. Only ate their once, but really enjoyed it.
happyinBCS
A new apartment complex is being built on a 12 acre tract on Arrington rd. 270 units in an already overbuilt market. The total tax bill for the 12 acre tract is 45.00 yes forty five dollars because it has an Ag exemption So when this project is completed I am sure the value will be several million and property tax will be paid on that value a huge windfall for the city and county with very little infrastructure work but the city keeps raising our tax rate.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Update on Jones Crossing: In addition to the HEB and recently announced Chick-fil-A, there are seven signed tenants (The Joint Chiropractor, Angel Nails, Super Cuts, CS Dental, Twin Liquors, Sports Clips, and Oishi Sushi). There are three spaces that are pending but the lease has not been signed yet. That leaves nine spots available in phase one. There are also six pad sites next to Chick-fil-A that are available.
techno-ag
AG
happyinBCS said:

A new apartment complex is being built on a 12 acre tract on Arrington rd. 270 units in an already overbuilt market. The total tax bill for the 12 acre tract is 45.00 yes forty five dollars because it has an Ag exemption So when this project is completed I am sure the value will be several million and property tax will be paid on that value a huge windfall for the city and county with very little infrastructure work but the city keeps raising our tax rate.
If I'm not mistaken, the developer has to pay back taxes for five years when using ag exempt land. So no worries, the taxing entities involved will get plenty.

- Joe Biden

- Kamala Harris
happyinBCS
Back taxes for 5 years on the new fully developed value?
Captn_Ag05
AG
The story I saw on this apartment is that it will be geared towards non-students. It will be rent by the unit and not the room like student-friendly apartments are done. I am not sure if it will be age-restricted as well like 100 Park at Century Square or not. But, there is supposedly a demand for non-student multi-family housing.
dallasiteinsa02
happyinBCS said:

Back taxes for 5 years on the new fully developed value?
5 years of recapture on the value, if it hadn't been ag exempt, not the new value.
happyinBCS
Ok thanks, well that would probably add up to a couple hundred thousand in taxes
K2T2
ethridgem said:

ratfacemcdougal said:

and Rusty Taco
Does anyone else miss the Rusty Taco we had on University? Closed in 2012 or 13. Only ate their once, but really enjoyed it.
Yes! I lived down on Nagle once it switches to houses, and would walk there every week. You could get $1 Pearl beers, and my dude and I could eat there, tacos, a side of chips and queso or guac, and beers for $15. And eat on the patio with your dog! Very often, we'd be offered free guac or queso just for funsies or being regulars or something (I never quite figured it out, but maybe too many freebies contributed to them going under).
rmarshall2014
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Update on Jones Crossing: In addition to the HEB and recently announced Chick-fil-A, there are seven signed tenants (The Joint Chiropractor, Angel Nails, Super Cuts, CS Dental, Twin Liquors, Sports Clips, and Oishi Sushi). There are three spaces that are pending but the lease has not been signed yet. That leaves nine spots available in phase one. There are also six pad sites next to Chick-fil-A that are available.

Love Twin Liquors, but really wish we were getting a Total Wine instead... That location would have been perfect for it...
australopithecus robustus
Maybe all those are reasons why they went out of business....
Chris98
AG
Anyone knows what is going in next to jumping world in Bryan (ditwork and forms set)?
ratfacemcdougal
Jippy Lube across from Discount Tire, however you probably aren't talking about that.
bcstx06
That's a new TruFit location.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.