BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

709,784 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
DBSwooper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Captn_Ag05 said:

techno-ag said:

http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/macy-s-to-celebrate-new-discount-outlet-at-post-oak/article_786a7652-74bc-55f7-952e-4e39c964d1cd.amp.html

Quote:

The new Macy's Backstage will open at 9 a.m. within Macy's. The store is described by the retailer as a cross between and outlet and a department store, with a smaller format designed to highlight new products and the best deals.

Prices on the merchandise will be 20 percent to 80 percent off comparable department store prices, the retailer said in a news release announcing the venture.

Should we view this as 1) good news that Macy's is investing in the store or 2) concern that this is a last ditch effort to improve sales?

It smells of last ditch effort.
csnole
I worked at a Macy's clearance center store (within a store) in Atlanta - 25+ years ago. If the concept is the same, We will get marked down higher end merchandise and great deals. I'm excited to check it out!!
CharlieBrown17
AG
Sounds like a Nordstrom's rack but Macy's quality instead. Doesn't sound bad to me
95_Aggie
AG
I thought that this Macy's was pretty much an outlet store anyway.
m3prsive
I believe Andrews Orthodontist is building beside the Scott and White in Tower point.
Smokin Chisel
AG
Really needing a Jersey Mike's update!!
JMac03
AG
Fire_Aggie said:

I just drove by it. (Not sure whats been posted about it before). It's in the little strip in front of Scott and White Hospital, Opposite end from Jamba Juice. Sign up they are coming soon but nothing has started inside, it is a complete shell (at least from what I could see).
RGRAg1/75
AG
JMac03 said:

Fire_Aggie said:

I just drove by it. (Not sure whats been posted about it before). It's in the little strip in front of Scott and White Hospital, Opposite end from Jamba Juice. Sign up they are coming soon but nothing has started inside, it is a complete shell (at least from what I could see).

It's been that way for a couple of months. Someone on this thread looked at the franchise website where it shows openings, and ours just says "coming soon," which appears to be the furthest out projection.

They franchisee has posted in this thread before. Don't know why he can't drop an update....
FlyRod
Does anyone know when Pin Toh Cafe will reopen? Their last Facebook post was July 4...
ratfacemcdougal
B2BCS15 is the poster opening the Jersey Mike. No contact info in profile though.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Ive seen a lot of positive comments on Jersey Mikes

What differentiates it from Firehouse or Jimmy Johns etc?
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

What differentiates it from Firehouse or Jimmy Johns
My reason I like Jersey Mikes better is they actually have a griddle in the store where they cook/heat the meats for their hot subs. They don't throw it in a microwave or some small toaster oven to get it heated.If you order a cheese steak sub, they cook the meat, cheese, and peppers on the griddle while you wait. Firehouse Subs price point is way too high, imo, for what you get, and Jimmy John's, while good and i eat there, doesn't serve any hot sandos.
RGRAg1/75
AG
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

What differentiates it from Firehouse or Jimmy Johns etc?

Original Italian Mikes way FTW! Love the thin slicing too. Best chain/fast food sandwich place around imo.
AgFan1999
AG
If I had to rank the three, it'd be Firehouse and Jersey Mikes #1 and #1a with Jimmy Johns being #43.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
I'm still a Schlotsky's Original w/dble meat and cheese as my # 1

Anxious to try this Jersey Mike's
I messaged the Jersey Mike's College Station facebook page, and the response said that they are planning to definitely be open by November. So, it sounds like we may still have a short wait, but thankfully not an unbearably long one!
Tailgate88
AG
Quote:

Jimmy John's, while good and i eat there, doesn't serve any hot sandos.
This is why my first visit to a Jimmy John's was my last.
FlyRod
The last time I ordered from Jimmy Johns, none other than Greg D delivered the sandwich. That killed it for me.
KidDoc
AG
AgFan1999 said:

If I had to rank the three, it'd be Firehouse and Jersey Mikes #1 and #1a with Jimmy Johns being #43.
I would rank (locally at least)
1) Potbelly
2) Firehouse
3) Subway
4) JJ

I've never had Jersey Mikes.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jja79
AG
Eating at a Jersey Mike's now. First time. Really good. Not fast nor cheap but beats the heck out of Subway, Firehouse. JJ.
ethridgem
AG
KidDoc said:

AgFan1999 said:

1) Potbelly
2) Firehouse
3) Subway
4) JJ

No love for Must Be Heaven or Blue Baker?
JayHowdy!
ethridgem said:

KidDoc said:

AgFan1999 said:

1) Potbelly
2) Firehouse
3) Subway
4) JJ

In my opinion - Blue Baker is the most overrated restaurant in this city.
isitjustme
AG
nm, except to say Blue Baker is very properly rated - they are good/great and a lot of people think they're good/great. Plus, they're local.
viejo
agrab86 said:

nm, except to say Blue Baker is very properly rated - they are good/great and a lot of people think they're good/great. Plus, they're local.

For me it's very dependent on location. They've not gotten an order right for me at the Tower Point location once. Not one single time. One time they forgot the bread bowls on a bread bowl soup order. Other locations are better, but with service that bad at Tower Point there are other deli options in town that get it right every time.
Rex Racer
AG
viejo said:

agrab86 said:

For me it's very dependent on location. They've not gotten an order right for me at the Tower Point location once. Not one single time. One time they forgot the bread bowls on a bread bowl soup order. Other locations are better, but with service that bad at Tower Point there are other deli options in town that get it right every time.
Reminds me of the time I ordered a "Bacon and Blue" burger from Wendy's and they forgot to put bacon or blue cheese on it.
KidDoc
AG
ethridgem said:

KidDoc said:

AgFan1999 said:

1) Potbelly
2) Firehouse
3) Subway
4) JJ

I have been very underwhelmed by Heaven. Great pies but sandwiches are very basic. I much prefer the pizza at Blue Baker so I order that which cost just a bit more than the sandwich but is 2+ meals.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
australopithecus robustus
Potbelly is really good actually. Blue baker may be local, but it is extremely meh
CDub06
AG
Thing thing about potbelly for me is that there's just not much selection. It's just meh for me.
Look Out Below
AG
The special with stuffed avocado FTW at Must Be Heaven
toolshed
AG
New construction spots along Boonville. Any ideas as to what is going in?

*The first is between Wildflower and 1179 on the N side of 158, next to the Dollar General. At one point this was owned by the owner or Texas Truck RIggins, as I was told, but it's had a for sale sign on it for years.

*The second is at Crosspark, S of 158, between Christopher's and University Dr..

Also, at least a year ago, if not longer, Dairy Queen was supposed to build a new restaurant next to Chicken Express on Texas and 29th, where the old piano shop was. The piano shop was torn down, then nothing else happened. Did DQ abandon the project? Delayed? It would be nice to have a new version of DQ, especially to replace the one in front of the Health Dept..
techno-ag
AG
The Eagle on the GoCo renno:

https://www.theeagle.com/news/local/college-station-golden-corral-reopens-after-renovation/article_3ff67680-0708-5326-992f-61c57c9539cd.amp.html
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
AgsWin2011
AG
Is Howdy's Pizza ever going to open or did they pull a Carp's?

Been looking forward to it as the pics of the grilled pizza they make look damn good.
montegobay
Someone posted a while back, I thought, that they weren't coming.
JMac03
AG
I saw dumpsters out front of Howdy's tonight when I drove by. Not sure why they were there but thought it was odd.
KidDoc
AG
Heismenberg said:

Is Howdy's Pizza ever going to open or did they pull a Carp's?

Been looking forward to it as the pics of the grilled pizza they make look damn good.

I would think Rx Pizza opening right next door might have messed with their business plan.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.