BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

709,880 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
redchapterjubilee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KidDoc said:

I walked by Howdy Pizza at Caprock while Discount Tire was working on my car today. It is totally gutted and they were working on HVAC ducts. If they are putting something there it is a long way off.
Take this all with a grain of salt, but my kid was somewhat friendly with the kid of the folks building Howdy's. Back in the spring he was telling my young'un about how there were gonna be Howdy's all over the country and it was going to be a really big deal. I told my son that trying to foot race Usain Bolt before you could walk was probably a bad idea. Who knows, two kids talking, right? But if that was the idea behind Howdy's seems to me like maybe they bit off WAY more than they could chew and never got it together.
Broncos
Andrews Orthodontics and retail space going in across the street from Tower Point Golds.
SchnauzerMom
FlyRod said:

Quote:

Has the Republic moved to their new location?

Yes, its the new building on University, very close to old location. Will share the space with Primrose, which i think is a wine bar?
Actually, they have not moved. They are still in the old building and will continue to be until the new place is finished. They are hoping for a December opening in the new building.
medjunkie
That's awesome to hear! For gastric patients like me! I'll be stopping by there again!
medjunkie
No they have not moved into their new location yet

Edit: my bad didn't see that someone already said something- blonde moment Lol
techno-ag
AG
More rooftops coming in an under used part of town. Bryan City Council gave about 9 acres to a developer who will build houses on the property.

http://wtaw.com/2018/10/12/bryan-council-gives-land-to-build-houses/
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
halibut sinclair
JMac03
AG
Don't know if it's been posted but some kind of condos being built behind Sams.
EBrazosAg
AG
JMac03 said:

Don't know if it's been posted but some kind of condos being built behind Sams.

It's posted - permitted many months ago ....... hope they have stilts....
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
eloc62
Was driving on the northbound feeder road near where the new BMW and Mercedes places are going in and noticed a sign for Coopers pit bbq opening in summer 2019. I have heard of them. I think they started in Llano. A friend told me it was supposed to be a 15,000 sq. foot place. Is that right? If so, that seems like a mighty big bbq place for a city this size to support day in and day out year round.
The Anchor
AG
eloc62 said:

Was driving on the northbound feeder road near where the new BMW and Mercedes places are going in and noticed a sign for Coopers pit bbq opening in summer 2019. I have heard of them. I think they started in Llano. A friend told me it was supposed to be a 15,000 sq. foot place. Is that right? If so, that seems like a mighty big bbq place for a city this size to support day in and day out year round.

Several pages back the business designs were posted.

ETA: found it. See below.
The Anchor
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Site plans for Coopers BBQ

http://cstx.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=26185

ETA: The plans call for a 15,534 square foot building. Seems quite large.
From page 47: https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/2920700/47
viejo
eloc62 said:

Cooper's is awesome, particularly the one in Llano. Can't wait for this place. You can bet it'll be packed when it opens and on game days, forget about it.
TXAG 05
AG
viejo said:

eloc62 said:

Cooper's is awesome, particularly the one in Llano. Can't wait for this place. You can bet it'll be packed when it opens and on game days, forget about it.

I wonder if they are sweating it a little with Kruez closing down. It's the same kind of operation.
EBrazosAg
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

viejo said:

eloc62 said:

I wonder if they are sweating it a little with Kruez closing down. It's the same kind of operation.

I doubt it. Unless they can't recreate their other Coopers - and from the comments about their other non-Llano ops it seems they have mastered the reproduction. Kruez was not that good in Lockhart, and their Bryan version wasn't either. Coopers is a whole different story....
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Counterpoint
AG
EBrazosAg said:

Cstrickland05 said:

viejo said:

eloc62 said:

I doubt it. Unless they can't recreate their other Coopers - and from the comments about their other non-Llano ops it seems they have mastered the reproduction. Kruez was not that good in Lockhart, and their Bryan version wasn't either. Coopers is a whole different story....
Do they allow forks on the premises?
TXAG 05
AG
EBrazosAg said:

Cstrickland05 said:

viejo said:

eloc62 said:

My point was that it's the same serving style and prices which were big complaints about Kruez.
RafterAg223
AG
Price isn't an issue if the quality of the product being served is good and consistent. Throngs of people drive to Brenham every week to wait in line for more than an hour and pay $22/lb for meat at Truth BBQ.
eloc62
Fun thought. Has eating 1lb of good bbq these days gotten as expensive as eating lobster? Whats the going rate for a 1lb, lobster these days at a restaurant?
happyinBCS
Coopers is good Bar B Q but just trying to determine the construction cost on this project 15,000 square feet 228 parking spaces has to be a couple million bucks To cover building costs and employee and product overhead I don't see how it will make money but they have been in business a long time. I am looking forward to it opening
ChampsAg
Baked or Fried shut down. Sign for a donut shop up now.

Kolache shop at the corner of Villa Maria & Briarcrest has now hiring sign. Not a good location
redd38
AG
I just saw a rolled up site plan that said Pappas Bar B Q at the top. It was rolled up so I couldn't see anything else, might not even be for B/CS.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Perhaps the BBQ place that is going in at The Yard?
carpe vinum
AG
It seems like Lupe Tortilla was just a few years lease and would become a Pappa's BBQ or their Burger place.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Jersey Mikes to open in December per The Eagle.
viejo
Cstrickland05 said:

viejo said:

eloc62 said:

Not remotely the same. You can get forks AND knives...and spoons!

Cooper's has other locations that are doing well. They'll thrive here if from just my friends and I who are long-time Cooper's fans!
viejo
Cstrickland05 said:

EBrazosAg said:

Cstrickland05 said:

viejo said:

eloc62 said:

My point was that it's the same serving style and prices which were big complaints about Kruez.
Have you been to a Cooper's, particularly the one in Llano?
Broncos
What happens if they decide to charge for parking?
TXAG 05
AG
viejo said:

Cstrickland05 said:

EBrazosAg said:

Cstrickland05 said:

viejo said:

eloc62 said:

I meant it's the same as in ordering by the pound instead of getting a chopped beef sandwich covered in sauce, side and a drink, for $5 or less,which is the style of bbq place BCS townies want. I hope Coopers does well, but based on this forum over the years, it doesn't bode well for them. BCS people aren't going to spend $15-20 on lunch
LastHamlet
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

viejo said:

Cstrickland05 said:

EBrazosAg said:

Cstrickland05 said:

viejo said:

eloc62 said:

I meant it's the same as in ordering by the pound instead of getting a chopped beef sandwich covered in sauce, side and a drink, for $5 or less,which is the style of bbq place BCS townies want. I hope Coopers does well, but based on this forum over the years, it doesn't bode well for them. BCS people aren't going to spend $15-20 on lunch
Did you conduct a survey to figure that out??
TXAG 05
AG
No. Just based it off of 10+ years of reading threads on this board. People scream bloody murder over paying a couple bucks for parking or 15 cents for a cup of ice.
techno-ag
AG
The Eagle on Jersey Mike's coming to CS:

https://www.theeagle.com/news/local/jersey-mike-s-subs-coming-to-college-station/article_bfb9938d-583a-5492-b57a-1e92aa4c3119.amp.html

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
RGRAg1/75
AG
A three sentence article? Told me almost everything I need to know....
techno-ag
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

A three sentence article? Told me almost everything I need to know....
Tells you where and a good idea of when. Just offering a link for the post above.

- Joe Biden

- Kamala Harris
RGRAg1/75
AG
Not a shot at your post, more at the Eagle. If I wanted more clicks, I'd probably do a better job with content.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.