BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

703,839 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
basketaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Way back burgers on Fitch closed. Went tonight and the sign said permanently and to visit other locations.
b0ridi
basketaggie said:

Way back burgers on Fitch closed. Went tonight and the sign said permanently and to visit other locations.
Not sure how they got the confidence to open three locations.
ChampsAg
JJ's snow cones now at Wayside food park
LightningDammitt
AG
Krab Kings IS the seafood BOMB!

Not cheap, but well worth the price!
Turf-Ag02
AG
Crab out of a food truck is like gas station sushi......something tells me to stay away.
halibut sinclair
Krab Kingz is the best.
CDub06
AG
Turf-Ag02 said:

Crab out of a food truck is like gas station sushi......something tells me to stay away.

That's why you're not Surf&Turf-Ag02
Tailgate88
AG
b0ridi said:

basketaggie said:

Not sure how they got the confidence to open three locations.

That location was just horrible for a burger joint.
Tailgate88
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Not a fan of Leslie's?

No opinion either way. We use the Pool Guy and are happy.
KidDoc
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Not a fan of Leslie's?

No opinion either way. We use the Pool Guy and are happy.
I use pHin for the majority of my chemicals and use Pool Store for other random stuff or when I want more in depth testing. The one time I used Leslie on Harvey was when I bought a new Dolphin cleaner and they were helpful and had a much larger selection. I'll be glad to have another option that is easy to get to from my house personally.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Oogway
Tbh, I didn't even notice they had a location on Fitch. Were they in Tower Point? I am hoping the Jones Crossing center has better organization and signage. The TP development is a hot mess. It may be due to being incomplete, but while I appreciate having more storefronts, it is a little haphazard between the different strip centers and stand alones.
JMac03
AG
basketaggie said:

There was NEVER anyone there. I honestly never saw more than one car there at a time.
happyinBCS
and Freddy's across the street is always busy I love me some Freddy's
LightningDammitt
AG
Turf-Ag02 said:

What places do you recommend in BCS?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Oogway said:

Tbh, I didn't even notice they had a location on Fitch. Were they in Tower Point? I am hoping the Jones Crossing center has better organization and signage. The TP development is a hot mess. It may be due to being incomplete, but while I appreciate having more storefronts, it is a little haphazard between the different strip centers and stand alones.
Jones Crossing is definitely more contained, at least for now. Not to beat a dead horse, but they still haven't announced any tenants other than HEB. Are they having trouble finding tenants?
JMac03
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Oogway said:

Jones Crossing is definitely more contained, at least for now. Not to beat a dead horse, but they still haven't announced any tenants other than HEB. Are they having trouble finding tenants?
From the front page - Angel Nails, Krispy Kreme, Sports Clips
techno-ag
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Oogway said:

They should at least be able to get a nail salon, pizza delivery place, and a liquor store.
Oogway
Chik-fil-a is slated to open there, hopefully with a looooong drive through to avoid coning half the development.

The advantage to JC is that it is marketing the development to be more than a shopping destination but also entertainment. I would like to see more of that at TP as it would perhaps spur other sales.
Captn_Ag05
AG
There have definitely been rumors here and there about JC, but they have not released anything official.
Cyp0111
You seem to really care about strip centers.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Well, we are on a thread talking about comings and goings. Isn't that what we are doing here?

For the most part I don't care about "strip centers", but there are developments such as Century Square, TP, Jones Crossing, etc. that I do take a lot of interest in because I believe how they are developed and who moves in could really help shape the futures of those areas of town.

If that bothers you, I'd suggest using that star to hide my posts
theycallmemrtibbs
Speaking of strip centers, has what's going in behind Walmart in cs been discussed?
JMac03
AG
theycallmemrtibbs said:

Speaking of strip centers, has what's going in behind Walmart in cs been discussed?

I saw that the other day. Such an odd spot for one.
The Anchor
AG
There's tons of vehicle and foot traffic in that area. Not really an odd location, IMHO.
EBrazosAg
AG
The Anchor said:

There's tons of vehicle and foot traffic in that area. Not really an odd location, IMHO.
Maybe tons of traffic, but it's all local. As a destination the access is horrible and I would not anticipate high rents being supported.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Oogway
Heading north on Longmire, drivers would be oriented toward the front of the center, so access from that direction might not be too bad, nor turning from westbound Brothers Blvd. Signage would be important though.
EBrazosAg
AG
Oogway said:

Heading north on Longmire, drivers would be oriented toward the front of the center, so access from that direction might not be too bad, nor turning from westbound Brothers Blvd. Signage would be important though.

I guess we see it the same but different. Longmire is not a major street IMHO. The intersection of it with 2818 has been a nightmare for 20 years. Just don't see paying for SF there that will still be expensive with really only local traffic. No one drives that part of Longmire except to get out of those neighborhoods. Maybe in the days before RP and 6 improvements but not so much now.
The Anchor
AG
I don't live anywhere near there and I drive that area all the time for the post office and Wal-Mart online pickups.
Kitten With A Whip
The Anchor said:

I don't live anywhere near there and I drive that area all the time for the post office and Wal-Mart online pickups.
Same here. Plus, I use Longmire after shopping at Krogers because I have other business along Texas and HWY 6 isn't always convenient to where I need to be.
theycallmemrtibbs
So now that there's some consensus on it being a good location for a strip center, anyone know what's actually going in?
happyinBCS
I guess Caprock is doing great 1 block from a burger joint that could not stay open
carpe vinum
AG
Sounds like the burger joint was evicted today.
EBrazosAg
AG
That's slightly awkward place there in Caprock for the Wayback. But I bet if it was a 5 Guys it would still be open.
springaggie2014
Looks like work is being done on the old Bush's Chicken on Texas/North Ave. Not sure if Bush's is making a comeback or if someone else took over the building.
toolshed
AG
Blackwater Draw's NG location is getting a new paint job and I think the "for rent" signs were down. I hope for something with a good meal menu, in addition to the obvious alcohol sales to pay the rent. We went to Blackwater Draw, and while the daily burger menu was good, I wish they had more variety in their menu each day versus just the special offerings certain days. I was ready to try their CFS, but it wasn't CFS day.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.