BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

709,709 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
CharlieBrown17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just drove by it, OMG seafood is rocking
bushytailed
AG
Downtown Elixir was already hopping when we got there at 5:30, but we managed to snag a table. If had been warmer we would have sat outside. Our server was super friendly and kept apologizing for the wait. This was their first week open and it was First Friday, so we didn't bat an eye (expected the service to be slow actually). My Pisco Sour was fantastic. This is a great edition to downtown Bryan! High quality cocktails and I don't have to go to NG. I can't wait to see what they will do with the food.
PS3D
So 7-Eleven purchased Stripes and plans to rebrand the stores, wonder if they'll finally change the existing stores out of TETCO. (I don't see the old "Chicks" staying.)
carodz
AG
I hope they don't take away Laredo Taco Company.
PS3D
carodz said:

I hope they don't take away Laredo Taco Company.
They stated that they wanted to keep LTC, but I just can't see every existing Rattlers and Stripes in town making the switch.
DimeBox17
AG
From the info that I have been given, there will not be any immediate rebranding and won't be for a while. LTC will remain in the Stripes stores that have it. The stripes store that was formerly Chicks is also included in that. Rattlers has never had any sort of food service in their stores aside from Wendy's.

Also, the Stripes stores had been purchased by 7-11 for a while now(since April), however 7-11 officially took over at the beginning of the new year.
Rapier108
fcag said:

BryanPooch said:

What is going into that weird lot on the West side of 29th Street just up the hill from Valero going into College Station? Not a big site and it has a weirdly small exit. A short entrance lane was added into the location. Terrible, dangerous sight lines for getting in and out of there. But what is it?

I've been wondering what that is going to be myself. I drive by it every day, but it's not quite safe enough slow down and rubberneck to read the signs.
I drive by it everyday as well, sometimes being stopped for several minutes because one person wants to turn left and can't, and I haven't noticed any signs saying what it is.

If I had to guess, probably a couple of fourplexes or Ag shacks. If it is, there will be a lot of wrecks in that location. I'll probably find another way to go to work.
KidDoc
AG
Stopped by Corner Bar after church today and they have a brunch menu, who knew?!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
australopithecus robustus
Yeah Northgate's got some Sunday happenings now.

The Backyard has $1 frozen mimosas and La Bodega Tacos and Queso. Had them last Sunday and it was great!
AggiePhil
AG
Anyone tried the food truck park yet? I'm sure there are reasons for it but the black iron fencing seems to make it less inviting and walkup-able, compared to other parks I've seen. Also, do you still have to pay for parking if the three spaces in front of it are full?
halibut sinclair
KidDoc said:

Stopped by Corner Bar after church today and they have a brunch menu, who knew?!

I like to go to the cowboy church at Yankees and enjoy a beer during services.
PS3D
DimeBox17 said:

From the info that I have been given, there will not be any immediate rebranding and won't be for a while. LTC will remain in the Stripes stores that have it. The stripes store that was formerly Chicks is also included in that. Rattlers has never had any sort of food service in their stores aside from Wendy's.

Also, the Stripes stores had been purchased by 7-11 for a while now(since April), however 7-11 officially took over at the beginning of the new year.

Last year is when the deal was announced, it didn't get through the FTC and official change of hands until last week or so.

They'll probably start selling off sites before actually converting stores.
B2BCS15
AG
Jersey Mike's is in the process of negotiating lease spots now, which can quickly turn into quite an exercise but I'm hoping to have the doors open by September (ideally by August but might be an unrealistic goal).

Really excited to bring such a great product to College Station and get to give back to such a great community that I've enjoyed my entire life.
RGRAg1/75
AG
B2BCS15 said:

Jersey Mike's is in the process of negotiating lease spots now, which can quickly turn into quite an exercise but I'm hoping to have the doors open by September (ideally by August but might be a unrealistic goal).

Really excited to bring such a great product to College Station and get to give back to such a great community that I've enjoyed my entire life.
FlyRod
Quote:

Yeah Northgate's got some Sunday happenings now.

The Backyard has $1 frozen mimosas and La Bodega Tacos and Queso. Had them last Sunday and it was great!

Sunday brunch and drinks at West End Elixer > Blackwater Draw > Backyard.
Captn_Ag05
AG
B2BCS15 said:

Jersey Mike's is in the process of negotiating lease spots now, which can quickly turn into quite an exercise but I'm hoping to have the doors open by September (ideally by August but might be a unrealistic goal).

Locations? Does that mean that there will be more than one?

Also, thank you for investing in the community, creating jobs, and providing a great product to BCS. Best of luck to you!!

AggiePhil
AG
Big Jersey Mike's fan here. I can't wait!
carpe vinum
AG
Olive Garden may be closed for a few hours.
Sounds like an alarm malfunction activated the dining room sprinkler system.
B2BCS15
AG
I have big hopes that the area can support several Jersey Mike's locations, but I've got to get the first location established and prove that this market will be as excited as I am with the concept. I think it's an excellent product that will quickly stand out from the competition for quality and taste, so I don't think we'll have a problem grabbing a share of the market. With that said, I had a couple ideas on where to put the first store so I'm still working a couple different options to see what kind of agreement can be made. With the direction that commercial real estate has gone recently (along with residential RE), it certaintly makes it very difficult to get into key market areas and still ensure the success of the business.

I grew up in the surrounding area and am a FTA class of '04, so I have pride in this town and planned on giving back as much as I'm phyically able. To find a franchise like Jersey Mike's that fosters that same mentality from a corporate directive and actively seeks out that quality in their franchisee's, means a lot.

I always welcome my future customer's feedback and opinions. While I plan on having a presence in Bryan in the future, I am solely focusing on CS for my first store. Even when only dealing with CS, this is a dynamic and diverse market so I would love to hear where you would like to see the first store go.......just to make sure I'm on the same page!

SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Near Wellborn at 2818
AG
Are you thinking that the first location would be better-suited in a heavily student area or more residential?
Captn_Ag05
AG
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

Near Wellborn at 2818
So, Jones Crossing?
bushytailed
AG
Dirt work started a couple of days ago on Texas between Hensel and Brookside in Bryan. Does anyone know what is planned for that development?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Hey Sugar opens Friday. Looks like a neat spot.
gus1390
AG
Yes, it's a townhouse development
Captn_Ag05
AG
Heard Harvest Coffee is going to open up in Century Square. I am not sure if it is in addition to or instead of their downtown Bryan location.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Also in Century Square news, Learfield is opening (moving?) an office there. This joins Premier Healthcare and Breakaway as the announced office tenants. There is a lot of office space yet to fill, so hopefully that will happen once the garage and additional businesses open.
australopithecus robustus
Century square definitely needs to pick it up on Office and retail. It's way out of balance learning towards restaurants. More mixed use would make the development so much better
Cyp0111
I figured they would have picked up a few of the broker/wealth mgmt arms of the banks by now.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Harley-Davidson dealership is selling their location and looking for a new spot, preferably in CS. Would the old Academy or Gander location be a good fit?
Rex Racer
AG
Any updates on when the Lidl store will be built and open?
happyinBCS
It was my understanding they do not own land and building, So the lease will stay in force and they will remain in the current location.
Captn_Ag05
AG
happyinBCS said:

It was my understanding they do not own land and building, So the lease will stay in force and they will remain in the current location.
Just going off what they posted on their social media and that was picked up yesterday in the Eagle.

http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/the-ranch-harley-davidson-looking-to-relocate-prefers-to-stay/article_12ecafcd-a525-555f-a841-0d784affe9c8.html

Quote:

The Ranch Harley-Davidson is looking for a new home after having outgrown its current location at 4101 Texas 6 South.

"We've done an insane amount of business. We've had an insane amount of growth in the past year and a half," said Alex Gipson, marketing director for the Harley-Davidson location.
---
Gipson said the staff is in the process of trying to find a new, permanent home for The Ranch Harley-Davidson, trying to avoid residential areas since "motorcycles and homes don't really go together."

"We'd really, really like to stay in College Station, if we can get it to work," she said.

BryanPooch
The Houston Chronicle had an article several days ago saying Lidl had brok an Morsi if not all of their deals to locate in the Houston area. Apparently Alid's lead had prompted them to withdraw from the field. Also, Kroger and HEB are choking Hoston with new stores.
BryanPooch
Captn_Ag05
AG
I think I follow what you are saying.

Noticed the subzero signage up at Century Square. I imagine it will be opening soon.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.