BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

713,150 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Total rumor and speculation, but I heard in early March that Belk department stores was interested in a location in College Station. I was thinking it may be in Jones Crossing, but maybe the Gander spot? That square footage might be a little small for their typical store, however.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Well, we are SEC Country now.

Tailgate88
AG
Caso do Brasil has a "Now Hiring" sign up and their kitchen staff must already be training, as they walked across in full uniform and ate lunch at Mad Taco yesterday. So....opening soon?

Speaking of Mad Taco, they are finally doing work on the interior of the other half of their building, which is supposed to be RX Pizza #2....
michellecan
Jesse's Taqueria, secong location, is going in the old El Loco Taco. Said it would be open for lunch and dinner only.
BCStalk
I can support Jesse's there. Little expensive but definitely worth it. Awesome replacement
mgreen
mgreen said:

Do not get too excited about Hotel RL. It is the rebranded name for Red Lion motels. We are over saturated with hotels. Enough already.
Correction. The Experience Aggieland staff told me today that Wyndham will be going behind O'Reilys instead of Hotel RL. Odd location either way.
eloc62
sorry for ignorance, but where is/was El Loco Taco? I have eaten @ Jesse's and love it.
SchnauzerMom
It is across the street from HEB on Villa Maria. There is a semi new strip center there.
ethridgem
AG
Saw a post on Facebook today that Star Cinema Grill is now hiring.
Oogway
I think it will be fine depending upon how they do site layout. I am pleased to see more empty lots being infilled instead of southern sprawl.
The Original AG 76
AG
The new ACE hardware is OPEN and its a great addition to the area. Local ownership, knowledgeable staff , lots of stuff....
Talked to the owner for a while and was impressed. He listened, looked up several times that they don't carry yet but he will try and obtain, really wants to be a helpful resource for the region.
Check em out this weekend. They are still stocking the shelves but its a great way to spend some time if you are a " hardware store " junkie.
Turf-Ag02
AG
I know its been mentioned, but where is the Ace located.
Tailgate88
AG
The old blue house was knocked down this week at the corner of Barron and Fitch. Looks like the perfect spot for a gas/convenience store. Anyone know what is planned?
The Original AG 76
AG
Turf-Ag02 said:

I know its been mentioned, but where is the Ace located.
Where the Campus Depot was at 2501 Texas Ave S near the KFC and across from the Kettle.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
The half of the old Lack's that was not taken up by Planet Fitness.
australopithecus robustus
I wish we could get a Dick's. They are so much nicer than Academy. But, I tend to agree that it might not make it here, given our demographics. Suppose I'll just keep shopping at the one in Pflugerville. Gives me an excuse get out of town.
ethridgem
AG
Given Dick's recent "political" moves, I'm sure they won't be getting much support in this town. I, for one, won't be patronizing them any longer.
australopithecus robustus
This is a very conservative town. It might be too small for Dick's anyway.
deh40
AG
Dicks is considerably more expensive than Academy on exactly the same items.
aggiepaintrain
AG
In & Out Burger
Chimney Hill
FJB
CDub06
AG
Dicks has a better selection, especially when it comes to running gear and cold weather stuff. Academy has also cut back on the Adidas stuff they carry, to my displeasure. I get my basics at academy, but get the stuff I can't find there at Dicks.
Oogway
If the owner can get a web link up with their store hours it would be greatly appreciated. My spouse loved the Ace on Wellborn, it was convenient, great staff, and always had what he needed so he was in and out quick. He will always check them first especially if he knows they're open.
bushytailed
AG
Curious Collections Vinyl Records & More has moved to Rosemary Drive in Bryan, next to Jacobs Well. The grand re-opening is scheduled for this coming Saturday 4/14.

https://www.facebook.com/events/447074132397138??ti=ia
GiveEmHellBill
AG
australopithecus robustus said:

This is a very conservative town. It might be too small for Dick's anyway.
Tailgate88
AG
What is going in the lot at the corner of Brothers and Longmire? Lots of dirt and foundation work.
MiMi
S
Strip center going on Longmire and Brothers
meezermom
Thanks, Mimi -- I've been wondering, too!
Captn_Ag05
AG
So, nail salon, cell phone store, cash lending place?
cz308
Captn_Ag05 said:

So, nail salon, cell phone store, cash lending place?
Think you forgot liquor store.
AggiePhil
AG
Wienerschnitzel coming to Tower Point!
AgsWin2011
AG
AggiePhil said:

Wienerschnitzel coming to the Tower Point area!

I like a good hotdog but hard to see how those guys are still around these days. That hotdog place (Harold's?) on wellborn near kolache rolf's and SW Parkway was good but didn't last long. Hard to pay $4 for a hot dog when you're not at a sporting event.
carpe vinum
AG
THAT is about the only fast food addition in TP that would make me smile.
Getting to the Bryan location for lunch a few times a year is a pain.
They won't call it TP for nothing.
MosesHallRAB83
AG
I loved Harold's. I suspect location was a problem along with rent.
tb9665
If it is good, people will come.
Captn_Ag05
AG
With Angry Elephant heavy on hot dogs and Dat Dog coming to Northgate, are we at wiener overload?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.