Womens Tennis 2023

239,283 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Chapa96
Chapa96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Since I started one last year. Guess I can do so this year.

Let the new year begin!
Quail
Chapa! What is your take on the year and schedule. Also, wondering if any big changes to the new roster.
Quail
I would think ranking should be 7-10. #2 will be missed!
carl spacklers hat
Bravo! You are a gentleman and a scholar!
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Chapa96
AG
Quail said:

Chapa! What is your take on the year and schedule. Also, wondering if any big changes to the new roster.
I expect nothing less than Elite 8 again and hopefully further this year since the USTA Tennis Center doesn't have indoor courts in Orlando. It didnt help playing indoors last year in Illinois. Maybe the USTA Tennis Center does have indoors. Someone correct me if Im wrong. I haven't seen any and I've been there a few times. There are going to be some well balanced teams again this year (OU, Duke, UNC, Stanford, tu??). We will be in the mix of things again.

With the Roster, I just checked. I was afraid about Ellie possibly transferring but someone did mention that the roster isnt complete. We are to be getting 4 new Freshman and that includes Mia Kupres from Canada who should make the lineup. Only one is listed so far.

The schedule is what it is. Im not sure how far in advance these are determined. We are still fairly young but with such great talent. The SEC will be up this year. Im not all that worried about it. If it happens again next year then I'll begin to wonder.
taylorswift13
AG
I believe with the freshman on the roster, they can only be added once they go through orientation and enroll. Which I believe for someone like Mia who's been playing and coming from Canada won't enroll and register for classes until move in. As for Ellie she isn't currently enrolled at A&M, but have not seen anything about a transfer destination.
taylorswift13
AG
Also not sure if anyone mentioned this awhile back, but along with Mia Kupres, Daria Smetannikov, Lizanne Boyer, we also signed Avery Esquivel who's the 72nd ranked recruit in the nation and 6th in Texas. That gives us Mia Kupres who's an international stud, as well as the 12th, 53rd, and 72nd ranked recruits nationally.
bigtimeag1977
USTA center has indoor tennis courts. Anyone hosting the ncaa tournament has to have 6 indoor courts. Texas A&M is not eligible to host the ncaa tournament nor have we been able to for quite some time due to not having indoor tennis courts.
RodgerDodger
Spoke to Mark today and he told me that they got a commitment out of a Russian girl coming in January with an 11plus UTR and has already won a 15k pro event.
taylorswift13
Chapa96
AG
RodgerDodger said:

Spoke to Mark today and he told me that they got a commitment out of a Russian girl coming in January with an 11plus UTR and has already won a 15k pro event.
Well....that's something!!
Aggie Tennis
AG
Wow. That is higher than Carson or Mary and makes our top 3 even better than last year!
taylorswift13
AG
WE NEED A NAME
Ag4eva95
This is amazing! I look forward to hearing who it is. What class is she coming in as?
Ag4eva95
Respond to TSwift before sh*t goes down!
taylorswift13
Ag4eva95
Quail
Wow, that would be fantastic! Would be a huge addition. Last time I will mention this but that is another reason to step up the schedule. She needs to be playing top players before Nationals. Think it would put us top 4.
Harry Dunne
She may have verbally committed but not signed. Probably best not to put private conversation info between Coach Weaver and a friend out there for the competition to find.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Might be wishful thinking, but I think we will start the season with a top 5 ranking.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Ag4eva95
Lol I didn't put anything out here, I'm just going off of what someone else said. I just read his post and did research
Harry Dunne
Ag4eva95
Still don't understand why I am being blamed here
Quail
Don't think if it doesn't happen, will not be because of a post here!!
Anchorhold
Don't bring factual research to an internet discussion and then act innocent. There's only room for conjecture and random accusations without basis or merit.
Ag4eva95
Lmao it's extremely factual. Considering I have never talked to Weaver about a recruit and get my factual info from parsa.

Every football recruiting site talks about silent commits with more merit than what I presented
Quail
Just to move this up about the 2022 post. What a nice sendoff for Serena in Canada
aggiedrjdub
AG
Agree - sad to see her moving on, but completely understand. I'm sure Venus will be next.
Quail
Ok, only 8 on the roster. Who are we missing? I figure I should know the answer but I don't.
bigfoot10s
AG
Pittman left the team
Mia coming in Jan I believe
aggiedrjdub
AG
bigfoot10s said:

Pittman left the team
Mia coming in Jan I believe
That's a bummer that she left!
Quail
Ok, what order do you guys think will be the lineup in January?
Excluding the unknown committed player at this point.
Will Mary be #2? Will any freshman make top 3?
Signem
Whatever order Mark and Jordan put on the court. They have so many different combinations it is unbelievable. Provided the Russian girl is in the lineup, I don't know how much credence one should put into a UTR. A higher rating than Carson, really? I know they are out there, and bless our lucky stars that Mark has pulled her in. But in January (not May) I would say:

Carson
Mary
Daria
Mia
Jayci
Gianna

If we drop a doubles point in any match, especially looking at our schedule, I would think that we would need a better alarm clock to wake the girls up for that match. I understood when Tatiana took a step down, she and Jayci were back and forth Jayci's fish year for awhile. But I am of the camp of the "Wait and see" on this Russian gal. I remember when Morgan Frank was a fish playing, and Bobby had her down on like #5 the first few matches she squashed her opponents in like 30 minutes, until it was blatantly apparent that she needed to move up. Before the end of the season, I hope we have at least 4 if not all 6 players ranked, but again with our schedule that may be hard. Just so sorry Ellie Pittman left the building. I hope where she goes she gets to show what she can do, and I hope it isn't against us. BIG congrats to Jayci on getting her degree.
Ag4eva95
I just can't see Jayci moving from her #4 spot, she found her niche there. Consistent and still had the spot light playing #1 doubles. Daria is going to need some development before making an instant impact. She had no exciting wins and a few bad losses in her recent junior career, she might take the Tati route.

Carson
Mary
Mia
Jayci
Gianna
Jeanette/Daria
bigfoot10s
AG
I have a feeling someone else may join the team and make the lineup.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.