Braves Thread

120,404 Views | 2067 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Aggie1205
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Congrats yall! Jealous and butthurt but happy for y'all.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Congratulations to the Atlanta Braves for defeating the Houston Astros 7-0 in Game 6 won win the 2021 World Series 4-2. This is the Braves 4th World Series title (1914 as Boston Braves and 1957 as Milwaukee Braves), 2nd since moving to Atlanta in 1966 and first since 1995. The Braves defied several odds to reach and win the World Series. At the All-Star Break, the Braves were 44-45 and fell to 52-55 by 8/1. Then the Braves won 36 of their last 55 games to finish 88-74 in the regular season and win the NL East.

The Atlanta Braves dispatched the 95-67 Milwaukee Brewers 3-1 in the National League Division Series and the 106-56 defending champion Los Angeles Dodgers 4-2 to reach the World Series. They became just the 4th MLB team to reach the World Series after a losing record at the MLB All-Star break. The previous 3 teams to accomplish that feat were the 1964 St Louis Cardinals, 1973 New York Mets, and the 1991 Atlanta Braves. The 95-67 Astros had made their 3rd World Series Appearance in 5 years and were favored to win it. But the Braves won 2 of 3 in Atlanta and 2 out of 3 in Houston.
toucan82
Congrats to you guys
clinte234
AG
Wow! That is awesome!
yawny06
AG
Man…on cloud nine right now. I was 13 when they won it in 1995. Got to watch them win it tonight with my 13 year old and 9 year old sons, loving every minute and soaking it up.

Smotlz said it perfectly…everyone expected the 90's Braves to win it. No one really gave this team a chance to even make this far, much less win it. And that is without their best player. How many times did they bounce back after what we all thought was a brutal loss? Think it all started with that 9-0 road trip. Such a special group and it was fun following them this season…gonna miss it but so happy it ended like it did!

2021 World Series Champions, Atlanta Braves!
clinte234
AG
Well said! Thanks for all of your updates to this thread!
setsmachine
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...
"Win the whole F-<{!n& thing."

From page 5, after MLB moved the All Star game. Well done.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
PermianBasinAggie said:

I'm a little bit concerned about the ability of this organization to develop young pitching. Soroka has been great. Fried has been okay but is trailing off and fighting blisters. Newcomb has finally found some success in the bullpen, but it would be a massive disappointment if he never develops into a starter. Minter has been a disaster this year. Touki has been pretty terrible. Wilson and Wright have been overmatched in their limited appearances. They're all young, so I'm sure they'll get better, but the league's best farm system from the last 3 or 4 years should have yielded more than 1 reliable starter and 1 reliable reliever to this point. Ian Anderson has the best chance of breaking though, imo, but I'm not sure I trust the Braves to get him to his full potential.

Here's some drivel that I posted back in July of 2019. I think it's safe to go ahead and ignore me next time I decide to go on a rant. What an idiot!
PermianBasinAggie
AG
PermianBasinAggie said:

Yeah, that's devastating. It will be interesting to see what direction the front office goes the rest of the season. They could still catch the Mets, but there's no way this collection of players will win a WS. Makes more sense to trade off a couple of vets who are in the final year of their contracts and call up some young guys, like Pache and maybe Waters.

And then there's this gem from July of this year. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Good thing Alex Anthopolous is the GM and not me!
Johnsy3
AG
Another Astros fan here saying congrats. Baseball is the hardest sport to win in. You lost your best player in the regular season and best pitcher in the World Series and still kicked our butt. Super happy for Freeman. Still hate Rosario and Soler and Swanson but that's my butthurt talking.
Deluxe
AG
Congrats to the Braves and all their fans. Better team won.

-Astros fan
Aggie1205
AG
Aggie1205 said:

Braves have picked up Eddie Rosario (for the Panda) and brought back Duvall for Alex Jackson.

I mean probably not major impacts but we also didnt give up anything important for the future either. Pablo should have probably been cut from the team and hired as official hugger and cheerleader by now.

I think we can say the impact was substantial after all!
Aggie1205
AG
https://texags.com/forums/53/topics/2615609/replies/42709410#42709410

2015 thread. Some fun posts to go back and read on the draft and trades that led to many of the current pieces.
yawny06
AG
Ag_07 said:

Honestly didn't even realize there was a Braves thread until now.

I gotta say as an Astro fan I'm not too familiar with the Braves but you guys have a really good team. Could be wrong but I get sense that your guys don't do anything exceptionally well but they do everything pretty good. Well rounded team.

Also gotta say I'm glad we're playing a team that I don't hate with all my heart like the Dodgers. You're guys are all pretty likeable. Freddie freeman by all accounts is one of the better guys in the game. Big fan of his.

Anyways...Shaping up to be a good series! Now I'll see myself out.
We are pretty good at hitting 'em where they ain't, like Crawford Street and such...

Honestly cannot believe that we did not see more long balls from the Astros...
Harry Dunne
Congrats Braves fans. Tough as an Astros fan to watch, but it was a masterful performance and the better team won the series.
Ag_07
AG
Soler is a damn good player.

He reminds a lot George Springer. Big, powerful, athletic, swings hard, tends to K a lot, but has some really nice pop and when he connects it goes far.

Braves are a damn good club and I really happy for Freddy. He's good people.

Congrats fellas! Enjoy
yawny06
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Congrats Braves fans. Tough as an Astros fan to watch, but it was a masterful performance and the better team won the series.
Been through quite a few World Series disappointments, so I can certainly relate.

I really got back into baseball this year just by chance. Was offered some Diamond Club seats by a vendor back in May, so I got to see the Astros beat the Dodgers in person. Made the trip back to MMP a couple of more times, for the Indians and Twins, including taking my boys to a game (their first MLB game). Had a blast each and every time.

Braves are my team, but the Astros are second for me, so it was a fun to watch this series. Astros are a helluva team and you just know that they can get going and score a bunch in a hurry, there are no easy outs in that line up. Hell, the pitcher even got hits!
Aggie09Derek
AG
Astros are my "team" but I only am insane about one thing(A&M football, baseball, basketball). Wife is an insane Braves fan.

Probably watched 5 Astros games this year in regular season and 50 Braves (bought MLB at-bat for the Braves).
ironmanag
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Astros are my "team" but I only am insane about one thing(A&M football, baseball, basketball). Wife is an insane Braves fan.

Probably watched 5 Astros games this year in regular season and 50 Braves (bought MLB at-bat for the Braves).
We are the opposite. I am the Braves fan and have been since I was 7. My Wife is the crazy Atros fan.

This was kinda fun.
aggiephoenix02
setsmachine said:

aggiephoenix02 said:

"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...
"Win the whole F-<{!n& thing."

From page 5, after MLB moved the All Star game. Well done.

Howdy, fellas!

I'm fresh of a 30 day ban, which is why y'all didn't see me here for the World Series (a bunch of soccer board wussies banned me for sticking up for the USA!). I wanted to post on this thread SO BAD!!! I had so many opinions! But mostly my main opinion was, "Win or lose, I'm just so happy my Braves made the World Series. I'm just glad to have been invited back to the party!"

Thanks for bumping my post up! I forgot I said that quote from Major League when they took the All-Star Game from Atlanta.

Also, I want everyone to know I was watching this thread all during the World Series, that's why y'all have so many stars on all your posts

OUR BRAVES WON THE LAST GAME OF THE SEASON!

Tomahawk Chop!!!
yawny06
AG
Braves infield had (3) Silver Slugger Awards (Freddie, Ozzie, and Austin), not including Max Fried who won the Silver Slugger at pitcher.

AlaskanAg08
AG
I've been listening to this everyday on apple music... I still cant believe we did it. What a season.

yawny06
AG
Got some gear in today!
Aggie1205
AG
Braves sign Manny Pina to a two year deal. Veteran catcher, with 1.3 war in 75 games. Plus some depth at a position that we went through a lot of guys this past season.
aggiephoenix02
But can he out throw someone stealing second?!?!
aggiephoenix02
Very nice.

I've been debating getting a fitted cap with the World Series embroidery on the side. I have the 1995 cap, and was wanting to get this years to match, but this year there was NO JERSEY PATCH and NO DATE on the cap embroidery! What the heck MLB!! YOU SUCK!
aggiephoenix02
To The Top...
aggiephoenix02
World Series Champions...
. . .
78669AG
. . . said:

makes me think they are giving up on freddie
yawny06
AG
That is going to be tough to see Freddie somewhere else.

Aggie1205
AG
Even if this is a smart move, this is a rough day. AA needs to lock up Olsen long term if this is to be a good move. He is only controlled for two years.
. . .
78669AG
. . . said:

I know they were hung up on the 6th year for Freddie so I'm wondering what his asking price was that made them shy away or was it his age
bingram1230
AG
Braves have also signed Collin McHugh and re-signed Eddie Rosario to 2 year deals. On top of getting Yates once he is healthy that is. Not bad moves despite the pain of losing Freeman.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.