Braves Thread

114,187 Views | 2013 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by toucan82
Aggie1205
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tough draw getting Cincy in the first round. I would rather have faced any of the other lower 4 seeds.
Aggie1205
AG
Braves take the first game 1-0 in 13 innings. Freeman had the walk off hit.
Aggie1205
AG
Braves advance! Another shut out. Now we play the winner of the Cubs and Fish.
78669AG
Braves Advanced. Looked better at MM than Houston has all year. Pitching is still a concern without Soroka
PermianBasinAggie
AG
This team is a wrecking ball right now. I'm not worried about pitching. Fried and Anderson have been throwing like aces all season, and Kyle Wright has been locked in his last 5 starts. The bullpen is legitimately 8 deep (Melancon, Martin, Smith, O'Day, Matzek, Minter, Greene, Webb). So I guess they would start Ynoa or Tomlin in game 4 and hope to get 3 or 4 innings, then let the bullpen take over. Not sure if one of those would start game 5, or if they would just start the rotation over on short rest. I do wish they had one more reliable starter, but the bullpen is so deep that it should be able to cover for that as long as they don't have to be over-used in the first 3 games.

4 shutouts in 5 games. Unreal.
Aggies2009
AG
Congrats! Enjoy the postseason run- that pitching has been insane. That said, it will be tough for the Braves to beat the Dodgers- they're on fire.
Aggie1205
AG
Duvall hurt so Pache comes in. Will be interesting to see if Duvall cant go who they decide to bring up. Inciarte could be the guy but the Braves will need offense.
Aggie09Derek
AG
What a game!
bingram1230
AG
Great game for the Braves!
Aggie09Derek
AG
What was the split of the crowd between neutral/Braves/Dodgers?
The Anchor
AG
Got tickets for Thursdays game!
78669AG
Kershaw scratched
If you can't handle the stress, log off until August. If you can handle the stress, be supportive and donate to United. No more buildings and concrete. Gotta channel funds to the collective for now.
BCSWguru
What section is that?
bingram1230
AG
It was probably 70% Dodgers, 25% Braves and then 5% random people who just wanted to see Stadium at game 1
bingram1230
AG
Right when I walked in from Texas Live. It wasn't really a section
Aggie1205
AG
That's interesting because when they asked Roberts about it during game 1 he said he thought it was more Braves fans.

Got dicey at the end but cant complain up 2 games. Having 7 straight games potentially is still going to be a challenge for this staff. Need Wright to have a solid outing tomorrow and save some bullpen innings.
Aggie1205
AG
Well so much for saving the bullpen. Need to find a way to get through this and come back tomorrow. Dont like the matchup with Wilson starting tomorrow either.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Bryce Wilson is pitching great tonight. Really needed that after last night. Now we need to scratch a few more runs across.
Aggie09Derek
AG
MVFree!!!!!!!!!!
Aggie09Derek
AG
Ozuna!!!!!!!!!!
PermianBasinAggie
AG
The offense getting some work done. Hopefully the pen can hold the lead. Wilson deserves the dub. He was brilliant.
yawny06
78669AG
Whats the chances of Ozuna signing a deal?
If you can't handle the stress, log off until August. If you can handle the stress, be supportive and donate to United. No more buildings and concrete. Gotta channel funds to the collective for now.
Aggie1205
AG
From the Braves perspective it likely depends on if the DH stays. Without a DH I don't think they would want to offer anything long term. His defense is not good now and only getting worse. Kind of like Donaldson, you dont tie yourself up with too long of a deal.
DGAG92
AG
Hey dodgers, I guess the Braves are cheating you out of your world series, too?

Keep it going Braves!!!
Class of 1992
AlaskanAg08
AG
Anybody going tonight? I'm driving up from Houston. Lets clinch and get ready to BTHO the Rays or the Asterisks.
AlaskanAg08
AG
Also, I've been meaning to post about 2021 tickets, but if anyone is looking for 2021 tickets at Truist, let me know. We are A-List Members and would be happy to share some tickets with Aggie Braves fans!
Aggie09Derek
AG
Aggie1205
AG
I like it. I think you look at Wright to follow him after an inning or maybe two if his pitch count stays low. Tomlin if things get out of hand.
78669AG
We knew with this no days off bull crap that we'd have to use a bullpen arm to start
aggiephoenix02
My family had Braves season tickets for years. I was in attendance at the '95 World Series deciding game, game 6. I'll never forget how high David Justice hit that homer in the 6th inning.

We just need ONE MORE WIN to punch our ticket to the World Series!
aggiephoenix02
I've seen homers that have gone much further, but I've NEVER seen a ball hit that high. When Justice hit it I thought it was a pop fly, but it just kept going up, like it defied gravity. The only run of the game, so monumental in it's importance; it's burned into my memory.
Aggie09Derek
AG
7K's for Minter in 3 innings.....DEALING!

Has to be done for tonight after that.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Will Smith was a disaster tonight. That's the risk with bullpen games. At least we have Fried and Anderson ready to go on full test.
Aggie1205
AG
Really bad baserunning by Swanson and Riley there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.