Braves Thread

120,466 Views | 2067 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Aggie1205
clinte234
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TBS for me as well. I grew up in Texas, but 7 hours from Arlington and 9+ from Houston. We rarely had Rangers or Astros games on tv in the 90s. My best friend and I were nuts about baseball…he already had the Cubs (WGN) as his team, so I chose the Braves by default. We could watch every single game for both teams.

I never actually saw the Braves play in person until I was in college and drove over to watch them at Minute Maid.
Aggie1205
AG
Ozzie!!!! Another comeback win!
yawny06
AG
TBS for me…been cheering for the Braves as long as I have been watching baseball…

What a win tonight! 4 straight comeback wins, 3 after being down by 3 or more…
PermianBasinAggie
AG
That walk off from Ozzie was a lot of fun. He smashed that. And Arcia with the huge game tying homerun in the 9th after possibly catching a break on a check swing (that after Ozuna got hosed on a bad strike 3 call).
PermianBasinAggie
AG
And my Braves fandom dates back to the mid 80's (when they were losing 100 games a year) and of course, is because of TBS. I had Dale Murphy and Bob Horner posters on my wall. I saw them probably half a dozen times when I lived in Houston. My son and I are going to Atlanta next weekend, and it will be my first time to watch them at home!
yawny06
AG
Man, what a fun game that was...read this morning that this was the first time in Braves history that they have come back to win (3) straight games after being down by (3) or more runs.

Loved the call from the guys in the booth on the walk off....

Smoltz: "Annnnddddd....That'll do it, start the buses!"

Frenchy: "Pour Larry (Chipper) a crown!"

Ozzie Walk Off
Aggie1205
AG
https://texags.com/forums/53/topics/2615609/1#discussion

One of the past threads. For awhile it was one per year. Kind of funny now reading the past comments and seeing the trades and drafts that made this team.
yawny06
AG
aggiephoenix02
I've loved Braves baseball since '94. Watching those guys cut up with each other puts a nostalgic grin on my face…
yawny06
AG
I had never seen this before, but apparently this was during the first inning of Chipper's first MLB game. Smoltz and Glavine were giving him all sorts of grief over it last night.

aggiephoenix02
I'm okay with with him running into Maddox. Greg was always my least favorite out of the trio…

Edit: Glavine was my favorite pitcher during his playing days, but Smoltz becoming a closer and then his broadcasting career makes him extra special…

Edit2: I only have one baseball jersey, it's a Cooperstown Collection Glavine '95 World Series jersey. I was at that game 6, and watched him and David Justice win that game and the series…
yawny06
AG
Make it five, yes FIVE, straight come from behind wins.

The other AJ had a great first MLB start.

Offense took a little while to get going, but the Braves push two across in the bottom of the 8th.

Iglesias gets a shut down 9th for the save.

And the Mets lose again. Hoping the White Sox take care of the fish…
Aggie1205
AG
Friendly reminder that Arcia is locked up for 3 yrs for a total of 7.3 million with a 2 million dollar club option for 2026.

His WAR this year already is worth more than the entire contract.

AA really is a master at this.
yawny06
AG
Arcia has earned every cent about three times over…absolute steal of a replacement for Swanson. He also has been clutch in big moments.
aggiephoenix02
yawny06 said:

And the Mets lose again…
yawny06
AG
White Sox walk off the fish in the bottom of the 9th!
Aggie1205
AG
Marlins just lost as well.
Aggie1205
AG
Braves take game 2 vs Nats.
yawny06
AG
Failed on way too many opportunities in the early innings to put the game away, and Elder had a terrible 6th inning by giving up a bunch of hits, along with a pair of homeruns (one was on Yates) and the Nats take a 6-2 lead.
yawny06
AG
Absolute horrible bottom of the 9th and top of the 10th, and now even worse bottom of the 10th.

Looking like we let this game slip away after leading 4-0 and 5-1 in the late innings.

With a 5-2 lead in the 9th, Iglesias couldn't get anyone out and gave up 3. In the top of the 10th, Hilliard tried to tag up on a ball that was too shallow and got thrown out at home to end the inning. It was close, but call stood.

Bottom of the 10th, we let them bunt the runner to third and fail to get the out at first. Tigers get the runner home and thats the ball game.
Aggie1205
AG
Disappointing for sure. Still can come back to win the series. Glad Harris continues to play better.
yawny06
AG
Agreed. Just a shame Morton couldn't get the W. He pitched good enough to earn it.
clinte234
AG
Is now the time to officially start to worry about Strider's health? That is 3 or4 belo average starts in a row…after starting so hot. Hopefully it is just a funk and he can work his way out.

( I didn't get to watch today's game….purely going off of box score)
yawny06
AG
Sounded like they were sitting on his fastball hard the first time through the line up, but he really settled down after that and adjusted. But agree, he hasn't looked sharp in the last few starts.

Just glad the bats were able to erase a 4-0 deficit and get the W.

Hoping they can hold on to win the second game. Currently 6-5 in the 7th, Braves up.
Aggie1205
AG
Hope Chavez is OK. Took a ball from Miguel Cabrera off his left leg.
yawny06
AG
Another W today…bats are HOT!
yawny06
AG
TdA just launched a 474' bomb. 3-0 Braves in the first.

Braves have 15 homers over 450' this year. Next closest team is the Rockies, with 6.
Aggie1205
AG
Final is an 8-1 win!
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Finally made the pilgrimage to Atlanta for the first time to see the Braves in person. Incredible experience, and what a fun night. The 2 homers that Travis hit were absolute bombs.

I'll be back for tomorrow afternoon's game and post some more pictures!
PermianBasinAggie
AG

yawny06
AG
Olson with a grand slam in the first inning!

If they keep hitting like this, you may just have to sacrifice and go to every home game from now on!
Aggie1205
AG
Murphy just left after hitting a single. Hope it's not serious. At least our backup is pretty good himself.........

8-0 now.
yawny06
AG
Goodness…4 homers in the first three innings….

Arcia halfway to the cycle already…

yawny06
AG
9-0 now…
Aggie1205
AG
Acuna just batted for the third time......in the third inning. Rockies making their pitcher wear this one. 9-0 now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.