Braves Thread

120,477 Views | 2067 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Aggie1205
yawny06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It is because it never feels like we can get him out.

And he hit like a billion home runs in that one NLCS game.

Our Dodger killer (Rosario) will be back soon.
The Anchor
AG
This may be the first time I've actually watched Janson pitch. That loss was completely on him. His super slow delivery cost 3 (if I'm remembering correctly) stolen bases that led to the 2 runs in the 9th.
yawny06
AG
He hit his spots and he was throwing strikes. Two of the three 9th inning hits were with 2 strikes and the hit that scored the runs was just fortunate for Thompson, he had no idea where he hit the ball, as he thought he fouled it off. You cannot ask for much more than that in all honesty. Had he walked guys, that becomes a different story. Until that first hit, he had struck out 5 straight going back to the night before.

If you watch him enough, he will vary his delivery/kick throughout an at bat.

We also missed several opportunities to get some more runs. We had runners on 2nd and 3rd in the 7th with no outs and only pushed across one. And then we had the 10th inning where we should have been able to walk it off. Arcia taking strike three just stung.
The Anchor
AG
I didn't say he wasn't throwing strikes. I agree with you there. Dodgers were stealing bases like it was a little league game. Thats what put their runners in scoring position to win. I think the only other slower delivery that I remember was Hideo Nomo and that was his windup. Jansen was slow in the stretch. He is obviously a great pitcher. Runners ran wild on him though.

Eta - just looked it up and 2 runners stole second on him in the 9th. One of those scored. Wasn't as bad as I remembered. That's what I get for being old.
yawny06
AG
I agree, the stolen bases were too easy. I think he actually tried to speed up his delivery and almost hit the batter.
78669AG
Freeman fired his agent
yawny06
AG
Not a surprise.

You can see it on his face. He never wanted to leave.
Aggie1205
AG
Jansen to the IL with an irregular heartbeat.
yawny06
AG
Good thing we had the day off and we still have Will Smith to close.

Matzek also started his rehab assignment. Hope we can get him back soon.
yawny06
AG
After Freddie's weekend home, Matt Olson comes out and gets two homers, including the go ahead homer in the 8th to give the Braves the lead for good.

Duvall made an outstanding defensive play early in the game and then got a huge RBI in the 9th.

McHugh came in and pitched brilliantly.

Minter gets the save, 3 up and 3 down in the bottom half of 9th.

Astros are destroying the Mets. Good night for baseball!
yawny06
AG
21-5 in the month of June!

3 back of the Mets after the Astros took care of business again.
yawny06
AG
Ian has not been very good in his last two outings.

yawny06
AG
Good bounce back game after a really bad loss. Dansby had a helluva night.
Baron von Bulsh
Yeah, great defensive play by Pham in left kept Dansby from hitting for the cycle
yawny06
AG
Will Smith tried to make it interesting, but he got it done.

Rangers beat the Mets.

Braves now just 2.5 games back in the East!
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Strider was dominant again!
yawny06
AG
Comical bottom half of the ninth.

Gave up a single, then had him picked off but miss the throw. Then, Votto pops up in foul ground and we can't make the catch. Votto walks, then we hit India to load the bases with no outs, and then give up a single to lose the game.

Minter faces four, gets no outs and loses the game. That was after McHugh gave up 3 runs on four straight hits in the 8th.

Shame to lose that game after Morton's brilliant pitching today.
yawny06
AG
Rosario back in the line up today.

Matzek also back in the bullpen.

Aggie1205
AG
Not breaking news but Touki was DFA'd and traded to the Angels. He always had a lot of potential, maybe a change of scenery works for him.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Ian Anderson had a better result tonight, but he still had way too many base runners. Hopefully it's a good first step towards regaining his form. Riley was a triple short of the cycle and Matzek got back on the mound for a clean inning.

It was nice to get to the late innings with a big enough lead that they didn't have any high leverage situations. The bullpen needed a night like that.
yawny06
AG
Had to listen to the game on the radio as the kids and I were making the drive into Atlanta. Will be looking forward to seeing Fried in the mound tomorrow night in person.

Riley came up big tonight, but what about Olson as well? When he came up with RISP, he came through. Also, stealing bases got us going. Acuna had one in the first that lead to a run, and Harris took 2nd and 3rd which also led to a run.

Rosario hit the ball hard and has looked much better over these two games than he did at the start of the season. That is promising.

Did not see it, but apparently Matzek had a stellar behind the back grab? Glad to have back as well.

Reds walked off the Mets! Great night for baseball.
clinte234
AG
Enjoy the in-person game! Can't wait to hear your report on Truist.
yawny06
AG

aggiephoenix02
Awesome!
clinte234
AG
Tonight's game is on ESPN (for those of us bandwagoners that are too cheap to pay for MLBTV)!
yawny06
AG
Back to back jacks!
yawny06
AG
I am glad that I got to see Albert Pujols play tonight, in person. A legend and for sure first ballot HOF.

I am also glad the red birds decided to pinch hit for him with the bases juiced, and the pinch hitter hit a harmless ground ball.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
By my count, the Braves starters collectively threw 30 innings and only allowed 3 runs (2 earned) on the most recent trip through the rotation. And that includes a 4 inning start for Kyle Wright that was cut short due to rain. That's some pretty impressive stuff.
78669AG
Be interesting to see what the Braves do at the trade deadline. With ppl becoming healthy the outfield is gonna become a log jamb. Same thing with starting rotation when Soroka comes back
yawny06
AG
Strider has 9 strikeouts…..

Through 3 innings.
yawny06
AG
That is a quite a few K's.

Lets walk it off!
yawny06
AG
Disappointing loss. We left a ton of people on base, including runners at second and third with no outs, but could not break through.

Tyler did his best, but he was hit hard by everybody, which does not bode well when you have a free runner on second.

Glad to be here these last two nights with my kiddos.

ETA: tonight was an all around great baseball game. Phenomenal pitching and tense moments. Was there with my family. My youngest wants to stay another day. We can't because my oldest has national youth gathering in Houston this weekend. Naturally, the younger siblings told me to just put him on a plane home so we could stay. . We also got to see the fireworks show that was planned for the 4th of July but was tabled due to weather. Aside from not getting the W, could not ask for a better night and memories that will last a lifetime.
The Anchor
AG
Braves win
Mets lose

2.5 back
yawny06
AG
Harris with a four hit night, including a monstrous homer that went to the second deck of the Chop House. What an addition he has been, huge upgrade on defense and a really, really good 9 hole hitter.

Morton pitched well again.

50th win of the season.
78669AG
yawny06 said:

Harris with a four hit night, including a monstrous homer that went to the second deck of the Chop House. What an addition he has been, huge upgrade on defense and a really, really good 9 hole hitter.

Morton pitched well again.

50th win of the season.

What do you think the braves do before the trade deadline?

Too many starting caliber OF's with 5. Duvall Rosario Ozuna Harris and Acuna. The last 2 being untouchable

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.