Braves Thread

120,363 Views | 2067 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by Aggie1205
PermianBasinAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good grief. Hit the freaking ball.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
3-1 might as well be 33-1. This team is such a disappointment.
Marvin
AG
What the heck happened to the Braves offense? This is what Atlanta did to the Astros in the playoffs for so many years. Super frustrating, I know.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Anthopolous is really gonna to need to work on the roster this offseason. This team wilts under the post season pressure. Just pathetic.
Aggie1205
AG
With lots of guys locked up, not sure we could even overhaul. Nor do I think we should. Many of these same guys just won a WS two years ago. No reason to overreact.

But I do wonder if the time off really hurts teams more than helps.
Aggie1205
AG
Ump has missed two calls just in the 9th inning so far.
I Like Mike
AG
We need pitching help mainly.
Aggie1205
AG
That Pillar run looking really big right now.

He can make up for it here.
Aggie1205
AG
Another missed call by ump.
mpl35
AG
Aggie1205 said:

Another missed call by ump.

He's been very bad
Out in Left Field
AG
Woof, not sure those two were strikes
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Aggie1205 said:

With lots of guys locked up, not sure we could even overhaul. Nor do I think we should. Many of these same guys just won a WS two years ago. No reason to overreact.

But I do wonder if the time off really hurts teams more than helps.

This really isn't the same team that won the WS. Over half the roster has turned over. The grit they had doesn't exist on this team. That along with bad starting pitching is a recipe for postseason failure.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Not saying they need a complete overhaul, but they need to upgrade at LF and SS. And they need to break the bank to pull in a legit ace. They sell out almost every game... They should be able to open up the payroll. And they need to figure out if there's a culture problem. That's 2 years in a row where they looked scared of the Phillies and the Phillies knew it.
Aggie1205
AG
One question is if Morton wants to come back and if the Braves pick up his option. We have an option on Rosario too I believe.
The Anchor
AG
What a frustrating way to end the season.

8 runs in 4 playoff games and 5 came in one game. Our bats went silent. The most potent offensive was squashed.

I see our next year's needs as 2 quality SP. One true ace worth a lot of money.

I think our fielding and batting is fine.
aggiephoenix02
The Anchor said:

I think our fielding and batting is fine.
For sure…
PermianBasinAggie
AG
The hitting is fine, but it was horrid in the NLDS, just like last year. Arcia played way above his head this year, and will likely regress back to his mean next year. The Rosario/Pillar tandem is okay, but there's no reason to stick with that. Pillar should absolutely not be back, and Rosario is way too streaky. All in all, he's nothing more than adequate. Ozuna too. I just don't see how they can sit back and make no effort to improve the lineup. Especially when you see what this collection does in October.
The Anchor
AG
Everyone but Riley pretty much sucked in the playoffs.

I think it comes down to the schedule and lack of ability to get any rhythm going.

Postseason:
https://www.espn.com/mlb/team/stats/_/name/atl/atlanta-braves

Regular season:
https://www.mlb.com/braves/stats/
Baron von Bulsh
Been a real stellar sports week for us guys
aggiephoenix02
It's been a really bad week. I'm pretty sure this next week will be even worse…
PermianBasinAggie
AG
As a Braves/Aggie/Cowboys fan, this may have been the worst 8 days of my life in terms of sports fandom.
Aggie1205
AG
Well from now on I'm rooting for the Dbacks in the NL and don't care too much on the AL since it's both TX teams. Maybe the Rangers a bit more since they haven't won. Either way, hope the Phillies don't win.
aggiephoenix02
I'm rooting against the Phillies…
The Anchor
AG
There are two teams I will always root against in MLB (assuming my boys never play for them): the Yankees and the Phillies. I hate those two teams so much.

I am pulling for whichever AL team makes it.
Aggie1205
AG
Aggie1205 said:

Well from now on I'm rooting for the Dbacks in the NL and don't care too much on the AL since it's both TX teams. Maybe the Rangers a bit more since they haven't won. Either way, hope the Phillies don't win.

Need the Dbacks to come through tonight!
Aggie1205
AG
Now that the Phillies are out, no major preference on who wins but I'll pull for the TX team which is typically my default.
I Like Mike
AG
Agreed. Hate Philly glad they are out. Go Rangers.
Aggie1205
AG
Braves resign Pierce Johnson. He was really good for the Braves after coming over. 2 years with an option for a 3rd year.
Aggie1205
AG
Glad the Rangers kept the trophy in TX.

Braves did lose Hilliard to a waiver claim by the O's.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
The Rangers are my second favorite team, so I'm really glad they won it. They definitely deserved it. Also kind of glad the Braves weren't the ones to get steamrolled by them. Now it's time to retool a little bit and go get the trophy back.
Aggie1205
AG
Braves also resign Jimenez. 3 year deal. AA likes to make early offseason moves.
Aggie1205
AG
Braves to host 2025 All Star game. Nothing with laws has changed so not sure why MLB is suddenly ok with GA..........

MVP announced tonight. Better be Acuna. Braves didn't add anyone to the 40 man roster to protect from rule 5 draft but no one is expected to be taken. I'm curious who the Braves tender contracts to by tomorrow. Lopez is a guy I'm interested to see what they do with.
aggiephoenix02
I'm still mad about them taking it from us; but we did have the last laugh!
Aggie1205
AG
Braves traded Lopez, Soroka, Shewmake, Schuster, and Gowens for Bummer. Clears out thee spots on the 40 man roster. While I don't like that we have up some of those guys, the deal does make sense for both teams.
The Anchor
AG
Acuña wins the MVP.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.