Braves Thread

120,310 Views | 2067 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by Aggie1205
Aggie1205
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Drue Hackenberg is the 2nd round pick. RHP from Va Tech.
Aggie1205
AG
Murphy showing off his arm behind the plate.
aggiephoenix02
Acuna was pissed after striking out…
aggiephoenix02
Damn I wish Freddie was still our boy. It still bothers me, what a shame…
aggiephoenix02
And I'm still mad they took our all star game!

World Series Champs that season! Suck on that Manfred!
PermianBasinAggie
AG
All Braves infield right now!
AustinCountyAg
78669AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

And I'm still mad they took our all star game!

World Series Champs that season! Suck on that Manfred!

I bet Atlanta gets in 2025. 2024 (Texas) 2026 (philly) have already been announced
yawny06
AG
They have to give it back at some point.

That was so astronomically stupid. I don't care where anyone falls politically, baseball is a game that brings everyone together.
Aggie1205
AG
Braves have signed 16 of 21 picks so far.
Aggie1205
AG
Braves put up a 4 spot in the first and chase Kopeck. Now facing old friend Touki.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Another dominant win. This lineup just keeps coming at you. Great outing by Morton. Also happy to see Touki pitch so well for Chicago.
Aggie1205
AG
Tough loss. Rosario had a couple of defensive miscues and ended up leaving early. Acuna homered twice and stole a base. Braves had chances in both the 8th and 9th but couldn't get the tying run across.
Aggie1205
AG
Braves have signed 18 of 21 picks so far.
The Anchor
AG
Zero research here and just throwing this out.

Can you imagine us trading for Ohtani? We could use the solid pitching arm and his bat is always going to be an upgrade.

What would we give up and what are yalls thoughts? As we currently have the best record in MLB I can't imagine us doing it. Just starting a conversation.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
I was thinking about that. Trading for Ohtani would be as close to locking in another WS championship as you can get. Plus it would keep him from greatly improving another contender. I don't know if we've ever seen a player of this caliber on the trade block, so I have no idea what it would take to get him. I think it would take more than just prospects...it would look something like Michael Harris, Vaughn Grissom, AJ Smith-Shawver, and 2 or 3 high ceiling prospects in the lower levels. I'm not sure I want to give that up for a 2 month rental, even if it does greatly improve their odds of winning the WS.
Aggie1205
AG
I think it would be closer to that without Harris. As great as he is it's just a rental.

Allard to the IL and Wall called up. We will see if Rosario needs to go on the IL next.
yawny06
AG
Elder terrible tonight. Gives up 2 in the first. Braves get 5 in the bottom half. He has now given up 5 with only one out in the top of the second.
Aggie1205
AG
7-5 Snakes early. Elder and defense not having good games. Just need to score 5 runs per inning ourselves.
Aggie1205
AG
Lots of back and forth. Currently 13-13 going to the 9th.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Wow, they suck tonight
yawny06
AG
Defense and bullpen left a lot to be desired.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
If nothing else, this bad stretch is coming at a good time... right before the trade deadline. Not that Alex Anthopolous was going to sit idle, but not it's obvious that the bullpen needs help. Go get Hader. I'd really like to see them upgrade LF. Ozuna needs to sit, but you can probably fill that internally.

And I'll say it again... They need another starting pitcher. Even if Fried comes back in good form, I don't trust Elder. I think he was due for a regression and that's what we're starting to see now. Not enough swing and miss.
The Anchor
AG
So we need a SP and a DH.....Ohtani
aggiephoenix02
So many runs!
What team?
Both! Who cares?
yawny06
AG
Not looking that great tonight. Only a single hit, which was a homer by Ozuna. Morton was not sharp, walking batters and has given up several doubles, including a couple with two outs and in pitcher's counts. Snakes leading 4-1 with runners on 2nd and 3rd and McHugh coming in.
Aggie1205
AG
Quite the pitching dual right now. Gallen is perfect through 5 despite 8 balls hit more than 99MPH. Strider with 12k's through 5.
Aggie1205
AG
And just like that it's 4-3 Snakes. That's baseball.
AustinCountyAg
Wow. Riley is HOT
yawny06
AG
Fun game today! Riley is scorching hot right now. He had four homers, a double, and a triple to go along with 11 RBIs this series. Olson with a big today as well, with a couple homers. Snitker went with Strider just a little too long, but understandable.

Feels good to be back in the win column!
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Really needed that one. I had forgotten about the game, and turned it on at work in the 6th inning. Which means I missed the pitching duel part of the game and got to watch another homerun derby. Riley is just murdering baseballs right now.

It would have looked crazy to pull Strider after 6, especially with a struggling bullpen. He was only at 85 pitches and was cruising. So you can't fault Snit for riding with him. And the 2 homeruns he allowed were not exactly well hit balls. Just extremely bad luck.
yawny06
AG
Agree it would have been crazy to pull him. He just didn't have it that inning, walking a guy and then hitting another. I think he should have pulled him after the first homer.

The two guys who hit home runs off him have a combined total of 4 homeruns this season. 3 of those 4 were in this series.

One of the best stretches of pitching Strider had today was after giving up a lead off triple. He then went on to not only strike out the side, he got six straight Ks.
mosdefn14
AG
Good game to talk to the boys about importance of smart base running & every runner & out being important. Maybe next time I buy tickets to see a battle of the aces I'll sit in the shade rather than buy home run porch tickets.
yawny06
AG
mosdefn14 said:

Good game to talk to the boys about importance of smart base running & every runner & out being important. Maybe next time I buy tickets to see a battle of the aces I'll sit in the shade rather than buy home run porch tickets.

Specifically bought tickets on the 4th deck to be out of the sun today!
aggiephoenix02
Neat story about our starting pitcher.

Did I catch that right? This is his first MLB action? We're watching the start of his career? That's pretty cool…

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.