Braves Thread

120,403 Views | 2067 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Aggie1205
yawny06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DANSBY!!!!
investorAg83
AG
5 runs on 3 hits. Love it.
yawny06
AG
FREDDIE!!!

78669AG
First inning we had a lot of loud outs. Knew we were seeing the ball well then
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
It looks like the Braves will win the World Series 4-2. That would be a big embarrassment for MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred, who deprived Atlanta businesses by moving the All Star Game to Denver to cave in to woke politics.
yawny06
AG
Absolutely crazy that Fried has the longest outing of all 12 starters in this series with just 6 innings.
yawny06
AG
FREDDIE!!!
Texker
AG
I'm not necessarily a Braves fan but they are playing the POS cheatin' Astros so GO BRAVES!

FJB!
78669AG
Buck needs to shut up about Freeman leaving. Freeman is lifer just like chipper
Texker
AG
78669AG said:

Buck is f'n annoying.
investorAg83
AG
78669AG said:

My favorite player in the game right now. Dream of him coming to the Rangers but I agree…he'll be in Atlanta a long time.
yawny06
AG
JOC!!
yawny06
AG
Tyler Matzek is a beast on the mound…what an amazing post season he has had…
PermianBasinAggie
AG
I was a little unsure about pulling Fried with how well he was pitching, but Matzek wasn't about to let anything happen on his watch. What a monster. You could make a strong case for him being the WS MVP.
Danny Vermin
Ranger fan here saying thank you Braves for proving yet again the asstros can't win a championship without cheating.
PatriotAg02
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Ranger fan here saying thank you Braves for proving yet again the asstros can't win a championship without cheating.

investorAg83
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Also happy OSB gonna get that ring.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Huge fan of the Tomahawk chant through the TV despite the road venue. Love that chant
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
DannyDuberstein
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yawny06
AG
strider98 said:

78669AG said:

yawny06 said:

Cannot complain too much after two games.

We got the split, which is what you want to accomplish.

Fried actually pitched much better than the score shows. Did not realize it, but there was only one hard hit ball against him in that big second inning for the Stros, so it wasn't like they lit him up like the Dodgers did in Game 5 of the NLCS. The Braves just made too many mistakes in the field and good teams like Houston will make you pay for it.

At one point in the game, both teams were even in hits, but we were down 5-2. We had opportunities, just did not take advantage. Was nice to see Travis get going and Soler looks like he is seeing the ball really well.

Dylan Lee and Kyle Wright had good showings. Smyly got a rude awakening from Altuve.

Did not look at raw numbers, but it sure seems like we struck out looking an awful lot these last two games. I think it is fair to say that the zone was somewhat expanded, but you have to protect the plate. Riley struck out five times over these two games, which is half of what he had in the NLCS (most of which was on the road, including Game 4 when he struck out five times). Just not use to seeing that from him at all, usually such a clutch 2 strike hitter. Not taking away anything from his big 1st inning hit in Game 1. Hope playing at home gets him going again and we start getting multiple double games from him instead of multiple strikeout games.

Glad today is a travel day...only other thing I would rather see than a World Series game is my son playing football (junior high) and I am glad I do not have to choose tonight.

We missed two dbl plays two passed balls and a bad throw by outfielder that got away from everyone

Mistakes like that can't happen

Real bummer, ain't it…
DannyDuberstein
AG
Congrats Braves even though this means the state of Texas is still without a legitimate world title
PatriotAg02
AG
Congrats Braves! And congrats to Minter!
All I do is Nguyen
Congrats y'all. You wanted it and earned it. From a lifelong Astros fan.
Beat40
Danny Vermin said:

And that the Rangers can't do it either way!
yawny06
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Congrats y'all. You wanted it and earned it. From a lifelong Astros fan.

Good fun series…Astros are a helluva team.

Beat40
But seriously, congrats to the Braves. The pitching was dominate. Wish it would have turned out differently for my team, but tip of the tap for sticking to the pitching game plan
Aggie1205
AG
Champs!!!!!!!!
clinte234
AG
Whoooooooop!!!
TexasAggiesWin
S
Nice job!
Aggies2009
AG
Congrats!!! Happy for the Braves organization. My best friend is a huge Braves fan and has followed them for a long time. And happy for guys like Freeman.

I didn't follow the Braves until late in the season and they were fun to watch. Enjoy being World Champs!!

And glad Manfred has to give the trophy to the team he tried to screw over this season.
78669AG
Braves fans we are champions
Aggie1205
AG
And Manfred got booed even in Houston!
JABQ04
AG
Congratulations Braves. Cool to see Freeman get a ring, he's a class act dude.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Got some great seats tonight - wife is a HUGE Braves fan. She is so damn happy right now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.