Braves Thread

120,486 Views | 2067 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Aggie1205
Nitro Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
yawny06 said:

Retro-active from 8 August.

Happened on the play against the Mets.

Ah, now I see why you originally responded to me. Well at least it wasn't his shoulder. Pretty nasty fall. And for the record when your team has an off day, it sucks ass.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
yawny06
AG
Grissom doubles…

Harris homers…

Braves lead 4-2!
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Nice work by Minter tonight. Kenley got credit for the save, but AJ kept it together if the 8th.

The Phillies beat the Mets, which is actually not what we want to see. There's a lot more distance between the Braves and first place than there is between the Braves and third place. So as gross as it feels to say... Go Mets
yawny06
AG
We just have to take care of business against the Marlins.

Tough home stretch coming up with the Mets and the Astros.

Jansen got the save, but looked like it got interesting. He walked the potential winning run. But, he did get it done.
yawny06
AG
Chadwick Tromp with a two run double.

Just add him to the list of Braves catchers getting it done this season.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
He's OPSing 3000. Is that good? Seems unsustainable
yawny06
AG
He is 3 for 4 today with 3 RBIs.
yawny06
AG
Acuna got things going in game two!

First pitch. First swing. 442 foot BOMB.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Nice sweep today. Olson homered in both games, and Grissom continues to make baseball look easy. Mets beat the Phils, so the Braves gained 1.5 games on Philly and 0.5 on NY.

It's just Miami, but it's nice to have a 3-0 series lead while essentially starting the 5th, 6th and 7th guys in the "rotation". And Bryce Elder goes tomorrow for the 4 game sweep.
yawny06
AG
Strider, while not overall very efficient with the pitch count, has been effective.

Braves went back to back in the 2nd, and scored a 3rd run on what should have been a routine pop fly by Acuna that was horribly misplayed by Canha.

Mets caught a little bit of break as Swanson was looking at a 3-1 count with Acuna on second before we went to a rain delay.

Currently 3-0 Braves in the home half of the 4th.

yawny06
AG
Mets already into their bullpen twice tonight through 3 2/3.
yawny06
AG
Braves being more like the Braves against the Mets tonight. Three two out runs, pushing the lead to 5-0 in the 4th.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
I hate when games start right before rain hits. It gets the starters out of their rhythm. They usually have to go throw simulated innings in the clubhouse to stay warm, which means even if they come back strong, you're lucky to get more than 5 innings from them.

Otherwise, not much to complain about.
yawny06
AG
Strider got through the 5th on only 9 pitches, but did give up a run. Not all his fault, throwing error advanced a runner to third.

Maybe we see him in the 6th? Would be great if he could get through 6 to save some bullpen arms.

yawny06
AG
McHugh out to start the 6th.

ETA: McHugh has an efficient 10 pitch inning.
yawny06
AG
Got a big inning brewing in the 6th.

Already scored twice, with runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs.

7-1 Braves.

ETA: Dansby brings them home. 9-1 Braves.

ETA: Now 10-1 Braves. No outs. Runners on 1st and 2nd. Death by a thousand cuts. Aside from a lone double, Braves have four singles in the inning plus an error to plate 5 runs.
yawny06
AG
Travis, who started the inning by reaching on an error, punctuates the inning with a 3-run jack in his second at bat of the inning.

13-1 Braves!
Baron von Bulsh
I just told my wife that we've scored too many tonight. We'll be lucky to score 4 more the rest of the series.
yawny06
AG
Baron von Bulsh said:

I just told my wife that we've scored too many tonight. We'll be lucky to score 4 more the rest of the series.

That might be, but will enjoy it for now. Can sense some frustration being let out after that horrid weekend in New York.

Already on our second longest win streak of the season, would be nice to add on this game and maybe one or two more, even if they are 2-1 affairs.
Baron von Bulsh
Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm loving it tonight.

We just usually semi-joke that we're blowing our wad too early.

I'm hoping the rowdy crowd support will keep the team amped up for the rest of the series and we can take a series win/sweep.
yawny06
AG
Yep, and I love that Strider called them out and then backed it up. Always nice to be on the right side of the trash talk. Gives the team a bit of an edge so to speak. Sometimes you just need a John Rocker type attitude to get the team re-focused.

This line up, top to bottom, can absolutely destroy anyone on any given night. And we have been able to do it while plugging in young talent.
Baron von Bulsh
Man, I loved Rocker. I just wish that big ******* could have thrown strikes.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Freddy Tarnok got called up. He's been dominating AAA, but I really didn't expect to see him this year. They continue do be aggressive with promotions, although I doubt we see him more than once before he goes back to Gwinnett. I think they're just trying to keep guys fresh as they go through a pretty grueling stretch of games without much rest.
yawny06
AG
Walker comes out after two innings. Not sure if he is hurt or not.

Grossman greets Alvarez, who hasn't pitched in the big leagues in years, by putting one in the Chop House.

Nine hole batter produces again, 1-0 Braves in the 3rd.
yawny06
AG
Olson with a 443 foot jack that went OVER the Chop House.

Makes the Mets pay for a lead off walk.

3-0 Braves.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Charlie has 10 Ks in 6 innings, on only 81 pitches. That's efficient.
Aggie1205
AG
Braves win!

Also reports are out that the Braves are negotiating a long term deal with Harris.
yawny06
AG
Charlie pitched a helluva game, which he has been doing but was not getting any run support.

Gotta give this team some props. They responded, now winning 8 straight, after a that dismal weekend in New York.

yawny06
AG
Also, Mets starting pitching has been hit by the injury bug the last two nights. They have two legit top of the league aces, but their depth has taken a little blow.
yawny06
AG
PermianBasinAggie said:

Charlie has 10 Ks in 6 innings, on only 81 pitches. That's efficient.

Minter also had a very efficient 8th.
toucan82
Harris agrees to an 8 year, $72 million extension

Good job by the front office
yawny06
AG
Mike Soroka strikes out 8 over 4 innings in first rehab start (mlb.com)
yawny06
AG
Crazy stat…

Braves 1-3 hitters: 62 HR, 184 RBI
Braves 4-6 hitters: 57 HR, 181 RBI
Braves 7-9 hitters: 63 HR, 182 RBI
yawny06
AG
Dammit...Odorizzi gives up back-to-back homers in the 1st.

Not like Scherzer needs much help, but sure does sting a little to give a two-run cushion right out the gate.
yawny06
AG
And now a two-run homer to the guy they just called up.

4-0 Mets in the 2nd.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.