Braves Thread

144,908 Views | 2155 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by PermianBasinAggie
PermianBasinAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think this was the expected outcome when the injury happened. Hate to see that happen, especially being the second time in 4 years. Makes you wonder what the long term prognosis is.

As for this year's team, they're in the thick of the playoff race (if you're willing to consider it a race in late May) and they've really gotten nothing from him. You've also gotten nothing from Riley and Murphy, who will be back soon, and very little from Olson, who seems to be showing signs. Harris and Ozzie are also due for some improvement, although Ozuna is probably due some regression. I'm sure AA is already working the phones to see what trades are out there. Let's not forget he loaded up in 21 after Acuna got hurt and we all know how that ended up.
Baron von Bulsh
Something has definitely seemed off with the team this year, so I'm curious to see how they respond to the injury.

I like Acuna but I sometimes wonder how he rubs his other teammates.

I remember there were always reports that he and Freddie butted heads when Freddie was still there.
Aggie1205
AG
Only two runs today but that was enough with Fried pitching!
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Spencer Schwellenbach is making his MLB debut tonight. Started the season in High A, made a brief stop in AA, and now he's in the Show. You hate to put too many expectations on him, but it sure would be nice if he could solve the 5th starter problem.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Rock bottom? Feels like rock bottom.
Aggie1205
AG
Braves take game 1 in Boston. Murphy got hit by a pitch and had to leave though.

Braves also signed Brian Anderson to a deal as a depth piece.
Aggie1205
AG
Offense didn't show up again. The Braves pitching is holding up OK, but they have to near perfect with this offense.
aggiebird02
Ugh, what the heck happened!?!
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Maybe they were corking the bats last year. This year's team is pathetic.
Aggie1205
AG
Braves win vs the Rays but Harris left with a hamstring injury
Aggie1205
AG
Braves have won 5 of 6. Pitching continues to be good. Minter should start throwing rehab soon.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Schwellenbach had his best appearance tonight. Hopefully he can build on that and solidify the 5th starter spot. Waldrep wasn't quite ready yet.
Aggie1205
AG
Up to 7 of 8. Got to enjoy Ozzie getting to face LHP's!
PermianBasinAggie
AG
They were up 2-0 after 2 pitches. You don't see that often. Nice win against the mighty Yankees.

Hope they can ride this hot streak into the break. I don't even care that much about winning the division, but the Phillies have finally hit a rough patch and the lead no longer feels insurmountable.
The Anchor
AG
So much for making up ground while Harper and Schwarber are out
Aggie1205
AG
Took the series vs the Phillies and now heading out west. Sale, Lopez, and Ozuna are all stars. I do hope they add Chavez. Doesn't really belong but what the heck the guy is 40 and still playing at a high level.
Aggie1205
AG
Took the first two in Arizona.

Rosario back with the team.
clinte234
AG
Hope to keep this momentum rolling into the All Star Break…then really turn it on in the 2nd half!
PermianBasinAggie
AG
The pitching has been so good lately. The best part about last night's game was Minter's 3 pitch 9th inning. You don't see that very often
Aggie1205
AG
Rained out and will play a double header tomorrow. We have signed 9 of our first 10 picks from the draft so far.
Aggie1205
AG
Fried to the IL. Split yesterday with the Cards.
The Anchor
AG
Goodness this team.

How many injuries can we have?

Murphy
Acuna
Harris
Fried
Strider
Riley
Who else?

Ozzie left the game hurt today. Don't know the severity but it didn't look bad. Maybe just a sprained wrist.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Ozzie is out 8 weeks. Nacho Alvarez coming up. Ozzie has been awful this season (like the rest of the lineup, excl Ozuna), so I can't imagine the production out of second base getting any worse, but it's still ridiculous the injury luck this team has had this year.
clinte234
AG
Yikes! Felt like we were finally gaining a little momentum before the All Star Break.
Aggie1205
AG
Braves signed Whit Merrifield, who promptly got hurt in pre-game warmups. Can't even make this stuff up.

Nacho is playing and batting 2nd. Big spot for the rookie who started the year at AA.
aggiebird02
Tomahawk Chop!
Aggie1205
AG
The Braves did manage to sign all of the draft picks, which is somewhat impressive due to the number of HS guys.
Aggie1205
AG
Riley to the paternity list.
Langley
6 Ls in a row? Yikes
Aggie1205
AG
Longest losing streak since 2017.

They lost the Thursday game in the 10th when Laureano overran a routine flyball and let it drop.

The lack of depth in the lineup is really hurting us. Playing a bunch of castoffs.

Harris is targeting mid Aug to return.

Really need Riley, Olson, Murphy, and Arcia to get it going.
Aggie1205
AG
Came back to split the series. But Lopez left after three and is heading back to Atlanta for an MRI. Hope it's not the case but it does seem like the next update is almost always that he is getting UCL surgery.
Aggie1205
AG
Braves win the series vs the Brewers. Soler and Luke Jackson back with the team. Nacho sent down so it looks like Merrifield will be the everyday 2B for now.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
The roller coaster continues. Elder throws 3 innings of batting practice and the bats fail to show up again. That's 24 straight scoreless innings. How is that even possible?
aggiebird02
I'm still a little stoned from our World Series win over the Astros. So this season isn't bothering me…
PermianBasinAggie
AG
For the second time in this three game series against Milwaukee, the Braves have gone to Luke Williams (position player) to eat up some innings. Something is wrong with this team.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.