Braves Thread

130,809 Views | 2118 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by PermianBasinAggie
yawny06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep, and they have been so good all season.

Gotta make plays on the biggest stage.
yawny06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Getting out of that nonsense giving up only one run is a win.

Still within striking distance if we can string some hits together. Lets go bats!
78669AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The shift is killing baseball
If you can't handle the stress, log off until August. If you can handle the stress, be supportive and donate to United. No more buildings and concrete. Gotta channel funds to the collective for now.
yawny06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sometimes you just gotta take your licks and tip your hat.

Tonight is one of those times…lets get back to Braves Country and get it done.
yawny06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Welp, that was tough, but still enjoying watching the Braves in the Series again. These guys always find a way to bounce back and it will be fun to see them at home for three straight.

Exact opposite of last night. That is just how baseball is and what makes it so great.

On to Atlanta!
78669AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good outing and good sign by Kyle Wright
If you can't handle the stress, log off until August. If you can handle the stress, be supportive and donate to United. No more buildings and concrete. Gotta channel funds to the collective for now.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Honestly didn't even realize there was a Braves thread until now.

I gotta say as an Astro fan I'm not too familiar with the Braves but you guys have a really good team. Could be wrong but I get sense that your guys don't do anything exceptionally well but they do everything pretty good. Well rounded team.

Also gotta say I'm glad we're playing a team that I don't hate with all my heart like the Dodgers. You're guys are all pretty likeable. Freddie freeman by all accounts is one of the better guys in the game. Big fan of his.

Anyways...Shaping up to be a good series! Now I'll see myself out.
yawny06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cannot complain too much after two games.

We got the split, which is what you want to accomplish.

Fried actually pitched much better than the score shows. Did not realize it, but there was only one hard hit ball against him in that big second inning for the Stros, so it wasn't like they lit him up like the Dodgers did in Game 5 of the NLCS. The Braves just made too many mistakes in the field and good teams like Houston will make you pay for it.

At one point in the game, both teams were even in hits, but we were down 5-2. We had opportunities, just did not take advantage. Was nice to see Travis get going and Soler looks like he is seeing the ball really well.

Dylan Lee and Kyle Wright had good showings. Smyly got a rude awakening from Altuve.

Did not look at raw numbers, but it sure seems like we struck out looking an awful lot these last two games. I think it is fair to say that the zone was somewhat expanded, but you have to protect the plate. Riley struck out five times over these two games, which is half of what he had in the NLCS (most of which was on the road, including Game 4 when he struck out five times). Just not use to seeing that from him at all, usually such a clutch 2 strike hitter. Not taking away anything from his big 1st inning hit in Game 1. Hope playing at home gets him going again and we start getting multiple double games from him instead of multiple strikeout games.

Glad today is a travel day...only other thing I would rather see than a World Series game is my son playing football (junior high) and I am glad I do not have to choose tonight.



AlaskanAg08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody else heading to ATL for the weekend? Maybe we need to have a TexAgs Braves Fan meetup at the Battery?!?
78669AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
yawny06 said:

Cannot complain too much after two games.

We got the split, which is what you want to accomplish.

Fried actually pitched much better than the score shows. Did not realize it, but there was only one hard hit ball against him in that big second inning for the Stros, so it wasn't like they lit him up like the Dodgers did in Game 5 of the NLCS. The Braves just made too many mistakes in the field and good teams like Houston will make you pay for it.

At one point in the game, both teams were even in hits, but we were down 5-2. We had opportunities, just did not take advantage. Was nice to see Travis get going and Soler looks like he is seeing the ball really well.

Dylan Lee and Kyle Wright had good showings. Smyly got a rude awakening from Altuve.

Did not look at raw numbers, but it sure seems like we struck out looking an awful lot these last two games. I think it is fair to say that the zone was somewhat expanded, but you have to protect the plate. Riley struck out five times over these two games, which is half of what he had in the NLCS (most of which was on the road, including Game 4 when he struck out five times). Just not use to seeing that from him at all, usually such a clutch 2 strike hitter. Not taking away anything from his big 1st inning hit in Game 1. Hope playing at home gets him going again and we start getting multiple double games from him instead of multiple strikeout games.

Glad today is a travel day...only other thing I would rather see than a World Series game is my son playing football (junior high) and I am glad I do not have to choose tonight.






We missed two dbl plays two passed balls and a bad throw by outfielder that got away from everyone

Mistakes like that can't happen
If you can't handle the stress, log off until August. If you can handle the stress, be supportive and donate to United. No more buildings and concrete. Gotta channel funds to the collective for now.
Aggie1205
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Anchor said:

I grew up watching TBS in the 90s.


I am also a Texas born/raised TBS Braves fan.

Glad to see this thread getting so many posts. I used to do Braves season threads with the year mentioned and wish I had always done a thread like this that could just be rolled over every year. Could see the progression of the discussion on players etc.
yawny06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AlaskanAg08 said:

Anybody else heading to ATL for the weekend? Maybe we need to have a TexAgs Braves Fan meetup at the Battery?!?


Interestingly enough…know some folks who live around Atlanta who found it cheaper to fly to Houston to attend Games 1 & 2 than to get home game tickets.

Tomorrow night is gonna be rocking!
strider98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
78669AG said:

yawny06 said:

Cannot complain too much after two games.

We got the split, which is what you want to accomplish.

Fried actually pitched much better than the score shows. Did not realize it, but there was only one hard hit ball against him in that big second inning for the Stros, so it wasn't like they lit him up like the Dodgers did in Game 5 of the NLCS. The Braves just made too many mistakes in the field and good teams like Houston will make you pay for it.

At one point in the game, both teams were even in hits, but we were down 5-2. We had opportunities, just did not take advantage. Was nice to see Travis get going and Soler looks like he is seeing the ball really well.

Dylan Lee and Kyle Wright had good showings. Smyly got a rude awakening from Altuve.

Did not look at raw numbers, but it sure seems like we struck out looking an awful lot these last two games. I think it is fair to say that the zone was somewhat expanded, but you have to protect the plate. Riley struck out five times over these two games, which is half of what he had in the NLCS (most of which was on the road, including Game 4 when he struck out five times). Just not use to seeing that from him at all, usually such a clutch 2 strike hitter. Not taking away anything from his big 1st inning hit in Game 1. Hope playing at home gets him going again and we start getting multiple double games from him instead of multiple strikeout games.

Glad today is a travel day...only other thing I would rather see than a World Series game is my son playing football (junior high) and I am glad I do not have to choose tonight.






We missed two dbl plays two passed balls and a bad throw by outfielder that got away from everyone

Mistakes like that can't happen


clinte234
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Growing up in Amarillo, it was a lot easier to watch the Braves (TBS) or the Cubs (WGN) over the Rangers and Astros.

I chose the Braves early on while my best friend took the Cubs. It's been fun to have a WS team to root for again!
Aggie1205
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.mlb.com/news/john-smoltz-world-series-teammate-streak

Pretty cool that someone figured this out. Someone who had at some point been a teammate of Smoltz has been in every world series since 1982. Wonder if this gets mentioned on the broadcast.
AlaskanAg08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's crazy! I actually found the opposite true, where its cheaper for me to go to ATL, but that is only because I have an A-List membership. I've seen some of the ticket prices at Truist and my jaw dropped.

I'm over here for games 3, 4 and 5...then back to Houston for game 6.

I'm feeling a FreeBOMB tonight and Braves in 6!

GO BRAVES!
clinte234
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We had a last minute school Halloween costume change! Go Braves!
yawny06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That is awesome!
Aggie1205
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Glad the HP ump decided to ask for help on that one and not make the wrong call again himself. 1st inning could have been completely different.
yawny06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Missed opportunity there…
yawny06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This ump is laughably bad…

It is not that it is one sided, he just isn't that good.

Not sure I have ever seen a pitch be without a doubt inside the strike zone box on the screen not called a strike before like that…

Got him anyway, so Gig 'Em AJ!
Cynic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How about this no hitter?

Go Braves!
yawny06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good lord this ump…

Those two pitches were literally in the exact same spot and he cannot make up his mind.
78669AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What was Swanson doing....that was never going to be his ball
If you can't handle the stress, log off until August. If you can handle the stress, be supportive and donate to United. No more buildings and concrete. Gotta channel funds to the collective for now.
yawny06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yea, he definitely messed up Eddie there…
Aggie1205
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not a good inning for Swanson.
yawny06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dammit Dansby…catch that ball and he is out…
yawny06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Matzek is a beast on the mound…dude is just nails…
78669AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Swanson
If you can't handle the stress, log off until August. If you can handle the stress, be supportive and donate to United. No more buildings and concrete. Gotta channel funds to the collective for now.
PermianBasinAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow Matzek! He really overcame some horrible defense that inning.
yawny06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Travis!!!!!
Aggie1205
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Swanson needs to make up for that inning here.
The Anchor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BOOM
PermianBasinAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now... Which Will Smith are we gonna get?
yawny06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good Will Smith!

Two more wins…
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.