Braves Thread

120,340 Views | 2067 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by Aggie1205
PermianBasinAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This game is over. I'm watching something else. Hopefully Charlie has it tomorrow.
yawny06
AG
What a disastrous inning. Might be the whole season right there.
clinte234
AG
This is the inning to start chipping away…if it's going to happen.
yawny06
AG
Just got to make it close enough to have a shot.

We all saw what the Astros and what we were oh so close to doing game one.
yawny06
AG
Clutch hitting has disappeared.
yawny06
AG
Not looking like we are going to put this together today.

We have not looked the same since sweeping the Mets.

Not sure what it is, but it is just off almost across the board.

Will see what this group is made of with the backs against the wall.
yawny06
AG
This just sucks. What an absolute **** show.
The Anchor
AG
And another day game today. I dont think we have had any scheduled night games at all yet in the playoffs.
yawny06
AG
Yea, its pretty ridiculous with the day games.

Hoping this team can respond. Riley and Swanson have just been awful at the plate.
yawny06
AG
Looks like this team lost its mojo at the wrong time.
yawny06
AG
Was a great season that is going to end with a whimper.

What a horrible series this has been. Not even competitive.
Wheatables02
AG
Propane & Accessories
AG
Let me welcome y'all to the couch as we root against LA and the Phillies together
yawny06
AG
Propane & Accessories said:

Let me welcome y'all to the couch as we root against LA and the Phillies together

Hard not to feel like our "World Series" this year was that last series against the Mets. Just never looked the same after that…

Swanson had a .125 average in the postseason…which sadly was still better than Riley and Harris who were both under .100, and tied with Contreras. Not going to win games like that, much less post season games.

Made up for it with bad pitching and worse fielding.

Reality is that without a healthy Fried and Strider, we aren't repeating anyway. And neither one looked the part. Morton just hasn't recovered either from that leg injury in the World Series last year. Had his moments, but the moments went both ways.

NL East champs 5 years in a row. And the 2021 World Series Championship makes this sting a little less…

This team is setup to make a run for many years, so "next year" actually means something.

Putting on the Astros jersey from here on out. Phillies have that team of destiny look about them right now…hoping someone else ends it for them in devastating fashion. Yordan seems to have that touch.
aggiephoenix02
I'm still buzzing from last years World Series title, so this stinks, but not too much. We won the division… again.
Propane & Accessories
AG
Technically tied (I mean y'all do get it on a tie break), I mean truth be told y'all have young talent and so long as they don't pull a Bellinger y'all will be fine.
yawny06
AG
I knew it was bad, but didn't realize it was this bad….

Swanson, Harris, and Riley went a combined 4 for 45 with one XBH this series.

Baron von Bulsh
I'm certainly not going to blame the Braves postseason loss on the new playoff format because I think we spent all of our mental and physical energy to beat the Mets and win the division. I think once the season ended, we were just spent. It happened just like that to our 1993 team.

What I will say about the postseason format, is that with the Yankees 1 game away from being eliminated…. Maybe it's not a good recipe for success to take 5 days off before you have to ramp up your intensity to 11. If the Yankees fall, 3 out of 4 of the "Bye" teams would have been eliminated right out of the gate.

I wonder if there will be any discussion to changing the format. No talking heads will cry because the Braves got put out, but Yanks and Dodgers might be darlings enough to bring some change.
yawny06
AG
I was thinking the same thing on the format. The Astros pulled off the sweep, but they were dangerous close to losing Game 1, which would have changed the complexion of that series.

Our starting pitching also completely fell apart. In the (3) losses, our starters which included Fried, Strider, and Morton went less than 8 innings and gave up like 14 runs combined.

We ended the season the same way we started with just lackluster play across the board, save a couple guys like Olson and Travis.

jkag89
Hard to say but one of the arguments against rust being a factor with the teams that earned the bye is that three of the four won the first game of their respective series. Only the Braves dropped their first game and they almost came back to take game one.
aggiephoenix02
I know it's silly, but seeing these giant World Series logos on the side of Houston and Philadelphia caps makes me mildly angry…
Ags #1
AG
Ball 1 completely changed that at bat
FJB
AG
Who is John Galt?

Aggie1205
AG
Braves trade Odo and 10 mil to Rangers for Allard. Saves us about 1.5-2 million plus potentially a roster spot.

Previously traded minor leaguer pitcher Dylan Spain to Rockies for OF Sam Hilliard. Depth piece.
clinte234
AG
Braves acquire Sean Murphy from the As…give up Ian Anderson, Contreras, Muller, and Grissom????

I hope this means Dansby is staying home.
Nitro Power
AG
That wasn't the trade. They gave up Muller, Pina, Tarnok, Contreras and others, but neither Grissom nor Anderson were part of the deal.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
clinte234
AG
Oh I guess I was reading some bad info
Nitro Power
AG
Regardless, seems like too much to me. You lose 3 years of control with Contreras (who I really like), and Muller who I think will be a reliable big league starter. The others, I am not familiar with. The only thing I can think is they will look for him to fill a leadership void. I don't understand it at all, but hard to argue with their process.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
yawny06
AG
Need to solve the LF hole.

Would love to see Dansby back, but I think we have a good insurance policy in Grissom.

Think Murphy is going to be a defensive upgrade at C and allow TD to serve primarily as a DH.
AustinCountyAg
Glad to see a braves thread. With one of my best friends now in the team I will be following the braves very closely this year.

Any tips for best area to stay in Atlanta and general tips for going to games there? Currently thinking we may go the weekend they play the Astros.
BigD_03
AustinCountyAg said:

Glad to see a braves thread. With one of my best friends now in the team I will be following the braves very closely this year.

Any tips for best area to stay in Atlanta and general tips for going to games there? Currently thinking we may go the weekend they play the Astros.

Atlanta sucks. I've never found the right place to stay etc in my 4 trips.
yawny06
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

When we went this summer, I used Hilton Honors points to book a room at the Hampton Inn Atlanta NW Cumberland. It is close enough to use an Uber to get back and forth to Truist Park with relative ease. It is less than two miles from the ball park, but just far enough away that is it is not overly expensive. I had my kids with me and it was about the perfect set up. Contential breakfast, pool, etc... The hotel was just across the street from the Cumberland Mall, which has a Round 1 Bowling & Amusement Center with an indoor batting cage/arcade/basketball, etc... Again, with the kids this was great, as we went during the week and it was not very crowded during the middle of day, and it gave use something to do.

The Battery is a must, but make sure you go at least 3 hours before game time if you want to eat at any of the restaurants, otherwise, you will not be able to get a seat.

I would recommend seats on the 1st base side for any game that is not a night game. If it is a pure day game, I do not think it would matter much, but for those mid afternoon games, that side will be the shaded the side.

Aggie1205
AG
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/02/join-our-live-chat-with-former-mlb-pitcher-brandon-beachy.html

Good chat with former Braves pitcher Brandon Beachy.
Farmer1906
AG
A little late, but do any braves fans have opinions on Dana Brown?
aggiephoenix02
Braves ttt!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.