Braves Thread

120,326 Views | 2067 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by Aggie1205
Aggie1205
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Braves DFA Cano. Trade Trey Harris to Nats to bring Adrianza back. His numbers this year arent good, but maybe he can get closer to last year. I'm suprised it took Trey Harris to get him. He wasnt highly rated or anything but would have thought this would be more like a cash considerations deal given Adrianzas stat line.
Aggie1205
AG
And its normally left up to the players to decide for their team, but Cano now has a shot at a WS ring with the Mets, Padres, and Braves.
yawny06
AG
Riley inked for the long term. 10-year, $212 million contract.
Mr.Bond
AG
yawny06 said:

Riley inked for the long term. 10-year, $212 million contract.

Amazing team friendly deal for yall
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Baron von Bulsh
We just need to lock up Fried on a team friendly deal now.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Will Smith traded for Jake Odorizzi. Didn't see that one coming.
Baron von Bulsh
Damn. I just saw where Naquin is headed to the Mets. It pains me to root against an Aggie, but it's going to happen anyway.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
And now they have gotten Robbie Grossman from the Tigers. His numbers look like he'll be a platoon guy who plays against lefties.
yawny06
AG
PermianBasinAggie said:

Will Smith can no longer be trusted in anything that resembles a high leverage situation.

Well, we do not have to worry about that now….
yawny06
AG
Added Iglesais from the Angels for Chavez and Tucker Davidson.

PermianBasinAggie
AG
I liked Chavez, and don't really know much about the guy from the Angels. I assume he has more upside.
yawny06
AG
I liked Chavez too…you could count on him to come out a throw strikes.
yawny06
AG
Strider goes 6 2/3, 3 hits, 1 walk, 1 run, 13Ks.

Braves scored 5 two out runs in bottom of 5th.

9-1 Braves in the 7th.
yawny06
AG
Rosario coming into form.

3 hit night, 5 RBIs tonight.

Plus, it was his bobblehead night at Truist Park.

13-1 in the 8th.
yawny06
AG
It was a really good night at the plate last night. Everyone got involved, including Swanson, Ozuna, and Rosario who all tallied 3 hits a piece. Braves scored 13 runs, but only had two homers, the first a 2-run dinger by Arcia and the second a solo shot by Ozuna.

I was wrong in my earlier post. The Braves actually scored 6 two-out runs in the 5th.

Strider was dominant, striking out 13, including 6 in a row during a stretch where he retired 13 straight. Did not have to get into the pen much, as Matzek and Stephens finished the game.

Somehow, the Mets lost to the Nats, who just traded away Juan Soto and Josh Bell for a box of cracker jacks and a case of Bud Light, so we gained a game in the standings, sitting 2.5 back before a big 5 game set with them this weekend.

Have a day game today with Morton going against Wheeler.

PermianBasinAggie
AG
I hate afternoon games
yawny06
AG
We give Charlie absolutely no run support.

We were averaging 2.5 runs per game when pitches. Did not even hit that today, so its going to drop.
yawny06
AG
Not off to a real good start here…

We have been sat down in order twice and have already given up two runs.

Still plenty of game left, but after a 13 run outburst we now have only managed a single run through the last 11 innings.
yawny06
AG
Just an absolute disaster right now.

A two-out walk with no one on turns into 3 runs after back to back home runs. Now given up runs in each inning.

Bats better wake up. In a huge hole now as its 5-0.

ETA: And of course we come out in the top of the 4th and get two outs on only 3 pitches.
yawny06
AG
Came to life a little bit…

Got 3 runs in the 5th, including a two-run jack by Acuna.
yawny06
AG
Man…as good as Dansby has been, he has got to stop leading off innings getting an out on one pitch. Twice tonight. Mets bring in Diaz in the 8th, you can't let him off with outs like that…likely to see him again in the 9th now.
yawny06
AG
What bull****…

3-0 count and Arcia check swings at ball four and makes contact for a soft grounder to first to end the game with Rosario on second and the potential go ahead run coming up.

ETA: I am not even sure what Arcia was thinking. That should have been a take all the way, even if it was right down peach street. Diaz was approaching 30 pitches. Just a really bad way to end a game.

Propane & Accessories
AG
Thanks and Gig'em Tyler Naquin!
yawny06
AG
Propane & Accessories said:

Thanks and Gig'em Tyler Naquin!

Eddie Rosario says hi!

yawny06
AG
I do not know what it is about these early games, but our bats are flat out terrible. In our last four 12:30 games, we have scored a grand total of 5 runs. Through 5 today we have nothing.
yawny06
AG
Seriously…we just save arms and forfeit these 12:30 games. We make up for bad hitting with worse pitching.

Including today, we have been outscored 24-5 in games at 12:30 since the All-Star break.

It is laughable how a team this good can be so completely inept playing before 6:30 in the evening.
yawny06
AG
Give 'em some credit. They didn't give up and made an 8-2 game headed into the 9th interesting enough for the Mets to bring in Diaz. Hopefully gives them a little spark for tonight's game. We get Max vs Max part two.
yawny06
AG
Mets fans are absolute trash.

Max tried to make a play and hit his head on the landing. Scary moment. And the fans start booing a potentially injured player.

Nitro Power
AG
yawny06 said:

Mets fans are absolute trash.

Max tried to make a play and hit his head on the landing. Scary moment. And the fans start booing a potentially injured player.

Not Texas Met fans. I'm glad that it wasn't his shoulder. It was a nasty fall. I want your best and out best available. May the best team win.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
yawny06
AG
This season against the Mets, the Braves have looked like the Astros against the A's.

That is the way baseball goes…
yawny06
AG
Just an overall pathetic performance today in all facets. Bad pitching, bad hitting, bad base running, and bad fielding.
yawny06
AG
Ian Anderson optioned to triple A. Looks like Odorizzi is going to take his spot in the rotation.

Currently looking at the Braves worse stretch of baseball in over two months. 1-4 in our last 5 games. They still have not lost 3 straight and I hope they can continue that today with Strider on the mound. Imagine that DeGrom is going to be on a pitch count, so should have a good opportunity to grab a win.

Reality is at this point the Mets are simply the better team. I also think that they are in the Braves head a little bit, for whatever reason. Braves just do not look like the same team on the mound or at the plate. Have to give credit to Mets for some of that, but it is not like the Braves have not had success against good lineups and good pitching. And I have no idea what is with the afternoon games, but the Braves have just been flat out awful in those games.

Good news, we still have 7 home games against these Mets, so there will still be opportunities. Acuna has been hitting better. Rosario appears to be coming into form. We have the arms to make another good run into the postseason. I suspect that as the season starts to wind down, Snit will start to key in on a bullpen rotation.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Looks like we're in for another disaster today. Strider couldn't get through 3 innings and the bats are crap, again. I kind of hate this team right now.
yawny06
AG
Just a disastrous weekend so far. Nothing going our way. Everything going their way.

Strider makes it only 2 2/3. 4-0 Mets.

We just look lost and hopeless against this team.

yawny06
AG
DeGrom on a pitch count is still going to make it to the 7th at this rate. Through 5 and we ain't even had a base runner.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.