Braves Thread

120,383 Views | 2067 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by Aggie1205
Baron von Bulsh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes, The Battery is awesome. The kids love playing in the green space and the splash pad. We've done pregame and postgame festivities out there too. Next on The Battery checklist will be staying at The Omni there, but I may need a 2nd job to make that happen.
Baron von Bulsh
Did you play any golf while you were out there? Atlanta area has some fantastic courses.
Mr.Bond
AG
Not this trip
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

yawny06
AG
Two outs in the bottom of the 8th and Minter gives up three straight hits, the third of which is a homer to the 8 hole hitter, who now has 5 RBIs in the game.

Blew the lead…now 6-4 Phillies.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Just an awful full count pitch to Stott. That was terrible. And the lineup has got to start hitting the ball. Pretty weak effort all around tonight.
Aggie1205
AG
Lots of soft hits leading to runs for both teams this game. Baseball can be cruel. The HR was smoked but the hit before never left the infield.

Need a 9th inning rally.
yawny06
AG
Riley and Ozuna are the only ones really making good contact. We have had so many opportunities but just can't capitalize.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Yeah, but the first hit was hit well, and all three outs were hard hit balls. Minter completely sucked tonight.
Aggie1205
AG
I didn't see the first hit. My observation was more about the game in general. Stotts first rbis came on a chopper to Olsen that took a weird hop. Braves got a run on a weak grounder to third too.
yawny06
AG
Disappointing loss.
yawny06
AG
First hit in the 8th was on a first pitch strike right down the middle to a batter who had been aggressive all game.

Aggie1205
AG
All but one draft pick has signed.
yawny06
AG
Aggie1205 said:

I didn't see the first hit. My observation was more about the game in general. Stotts first rbis came on a chopper to Olsen that took a weird hop. Braves got a run on a weak grounder to third too.
It was a weird game overall and after sleeping on it, we really had no business even being in it. If we had won it, we have stolen that game. Philly consistently put the ball in play and even though they did not always get runs, they sure did make it stressful most of the night. Their defense is not very good, so that gave us a chance to win even though we were struggling at the plate.

Our first three runs were all unearned and the only earned run came a very weak ground ball. We missed several opportunities to get some more runs, including stranding Riley at second with no outs after a lead-off double and stranding Harris and Acuna at 2nd and 3rd with only one out.

Braves now have two straight games without a homer. Riley did just miss one. He has been smoking hot lately.

Acuna just looks off. Almost like he isn't having fun. Hoping he gets to going soon.
yawny06
AG
Struck early and striking often.

Riley has two doubles and an RBI. Harris has a solo shot. Rosario has an RBI. Olson followed a two-out double from Swanson with a BOMB.

Currently 5-0 Braves in the fifth against Nola and the Phillies.
yawny06
AG
Strider has a two hit shut out through 5. Both hits belong to Bohm, and both pitches were high heat (98-99 mph, letter high).

Dare I say…lets go Yankees…ick…
yawny06
AG
McHugh relieves Strider and only needs 8 pitches to sit the Phillies, including Bohm, down in order in the bottom frame of the 7th.

yawny06
AG
McHugh slacking…he had to toss all of 14 pitches to sit down the Phillies in order again.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Maybe it's time to shuffle the back end of the bullpen a bit.
yawny06
AG
Harris with a big double in the 9th to push across run number 6.

Will Smith out to pitch the 9th.
yawny06
AG
And Smith immediately gives up a single and a homer.

6-3 with no one out.
yawny06
AG
Smith only gets through 1/3, giving up a single, a homer, and a walk.

Jansen is coming in to hopefully end it.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Will Smith can no longer be trusted in anything that resembles a high leverage situation.
yawny06
AG
Jansen gets it done.

Snitker gets win #500.

Braves have not lost three in a row this season.
Aggie1205
AG
Braves fall 7-2 today to Phillies.
yawny06
AG
I am just glad that we likely will not play many, if any, 12:35 first pitch playoff games.

We have been terrible in these early games.
Propane & Accessories
AG
Howdy, I am a Mets fan, just wanted to stop by and say that this has been a fun year so far the race between us is amazing it is like the Giants-Dodgers last year, I hope it keeps up this way!
yawny06
AG
PermianBasinAggie said:

Maybe it's time to shuffle the back end of the bullpen a bit.

McHugh just had a 6 pitch 8th to set the D-Backs down in order.
yawny06
AG
Geez…should have just sent McHugh back out for the 9th.

Jansen has given up a triple and back to back walks. Bases loaded, two outs, with a 3 run lead.
yawny06
AG
Way too much drama, but Jansen came back to get a K to end the game.
Aggie1205
AG
We officially signed all 22 draft picks. Our system needs a boost so let's hope some pan out.
yawny06
AG
Braves win 6-2 behind a strong performance from Ian Anderson and a couple dingers from Contreras.

Not sure what the deal is with our 9th inning pitching. Just feels like an adventure no matter who is on the mound lately. D-Backs were being shutout and held to a single hit through 8. Minter comes in an gives up three hits and two runs. One of the outs he got was extremely close to being a homer.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
It's great to see Anderson bounce back. I'd like to see him be a little more efficient... It took 97 pitches to get through 6. That was almost 5 pitches per batter. But this was a nice so l step in the right direction. They need him to be in good form in October. Morton is still a bit erratic and I still think they might start limiting Strider's pitch count at some point. I don't think they have enough top end prospects to get a front line starter, so the guys they have are gonna have to make it work. Kyle Muller has been dominating at AAA, so he's in that mix too.

Not sure what to make of AJ. He was so good until recently. I think he'll find it again, but another left hander is probably on the top of list before the deadline. Don't forget that Kirby Yates is working his way back into form after rehab. He's a righty, but he could be a high leverage arm in the pen going down the stretch.
yawny06
AG
Anyone thinking that we might try to get Joc back?

I know AA had said adding some left handed bats was a priority and I imagine after the Duvall injury, adding another OF seems to be a need.

Would enjoy seeing him back in a Braves uniform.
yawny06
AG
Been a terrific afternoon baseball game. Great pitching and defense from both sides.

0-0 in the bottom of the 9th. Swanson, Olson, Riley due up to try and walk it off.
yawny06
AG
Olson singles and Riley hits one into the gap to score Olson from first for the walk off!

Riley has had a huge month. He now owns the franchise record for extra base hits in a month, surpassing Hank Aaron. Riley is first Brave since Chipper to hit .400 with 10 homers in a month.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.