Braves Thread

120,378 Views | 2067 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by Aggie1205
aggiephoenix02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
yawny06 said:

Love dominate pitching!

My family had season tickets from 1994-2000. Braves baseball has always meant dominate pitching to me. I certainly appreciate it, and love watching it…
Baron von Bulsh
clinte234 said:

Just got tickets for Braves/Rangers in Arlington on Friday 4/29. Family is looking forward to our first game in the new ballpark!
We went to the ballpark 2 years ago for the NLCS against the dodgers. The ballpark is really nice and we enjoyed it, but we picked the wrong game to go to. We were down 10-0 before we made it to our seats and the LA trash around us was insufferable.

We're going to the Saturday and Sunday games next weekend, so hopefully I'll get to experience a couple of W's in the new ballpark.

Chop on.
yawny06
AG
Rough two games over the weekend.

Offense finally came alive Saturday, but the bullpen couldn't keep it. Strider and McHugh combined for a single out and gave up six runs.

Yesterday, it was the offense. Duvall and Rosario had a chance to the tie the game in the bottom of the 9th with Ozuna on second and one out. Both struck out swinging. Rosario is now batting .068 for the season. Duvall has yet to go yard and is batting .186.

Elder looked sharp for the first five batters, but then struggled with his command.

Still a long way to go and help is coming with Acuna. It is hard to remember that we are still without our best player. Have to figure that Duvall and Rosario will get it going at some point.
Aggie1205
AG
Picked up tickets to the Friday and Sunday games in Arlington.

Acuna has looked good in minors. Aggressive on base paths.
aggiephoenix02
yawny06 said:

Have to figure that Duvall and Rosario will get it going at some point.
Right?!? Better sooner than later…
Aggie1205
AG
Rosario is getting laser eye surgery and will be out awhile.
yawny06
AG
Well that makes perfect sense....
yawny06
AG
Travis Demeritte…

yawny06
AG
No walks tonight (for either team).

Fried did Fried things.

Bullpen got 9 outs facing only 9 batters.

Surprise contribution from Demeritte.

Feels good to get the W. Hope they can get on a roll.
yawny06
AG
Gotta love baseball…

Givens comes in the 8th with a 3-1 lead and gets Ozuna and Travis out with ease. Dickerson then comes up and slaps a grounder to beat the shift, Duvall hits a double, Demeritte walks, and Dansby slaps a grounder to beat the shift in the other direction to tie the game, all with two outs after the pitcher looked unhittable.

yawny06
AG
Jansen with a perfect 9th to give Olsen, Riley, and Ozuna a chance to walk it off.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
This team is stuck in neutral. Not worried yet, as Acuna will be back soon and the underperforming hitters should start gravitating towards the mean. Charlie Morton is a bit concerning though, given his age. At least MLB is letting teams carry a bajillion pitchers so you can clean up messes like what we saw tonight from him. Wouldn't have expected Matzek to be the one to ruin an otherwise brilliant night from the pen, but that's kind of how it's going right now.
yawny06
AG
Cannot really remember the last time Matzek had a bad outing. He has just been lights out.

Dennis Reynolds
Finally have Acuna back in the lineup tonight. Maybe he can give these guys a spark
yawny06
AG
Good night…

Got Acuna back.

Riley, Dansby, and Duvall go yard.

Pitching dominate.

First series win of 2022.
yawny06
AG
Love the contribution from Demeritte. He can fly around the bases, and he did!

Contreras, wow. Someone take some notes on his room service order.

Braves lead the National League in homers and added four to it last night in the win against Texas.

Aggie1205
AG
Lots of Braves fans in Arlington last night. Felt closer to a home game than a road game.
Aggie1205
AG
Lot more Ranger fans at the Sunday game. Never have seen fans booing other fans for not participating in the wave before. The crowd Sunday was pretty good, much better than what I would see in Houston when the Astros were going through their lean years.

It was a bit frustrating that their concession stands were out of fries, popcorn, and cups in the top of the 4th. At least the ones by us.

Game wasnt much better. We may need Acuna to play more defense than planned as our outfield defense is rough.
Nitro Power
AG
Let's Go Mets!
Aggie1205
AG
Braves take game 1!
yawny06
AG
Stick to drag racing…
Dennis Reynolds
Fried continuing to show he's the ace we knew he was. Riley still mashing. d'Arnaud staying hot. Nice to fianally see some hits with RISP last night. That 8-64 streak was rough. Today would be a good time for Morton to turn things around. Especially early in the game. Let's take both games today.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Today was a disaster. Morton gets roughed up again, but the frustrating part is that he isn't giving up any hard hit balls. All of the Mets hits against him were softly hit. But he's not missing bats either. And Kyle Wright was pretty good in game 2, but the offense was putrid. Gonna have to start getting it together or the stupid Mets are gonna run away with the division.
aggiephoenix02
Stupid Mets!
Baron von Bulsh
I feel like the Braves are going to struggle adjusting to the new "dead ball". Having everyone in the infield with 25+ homeruns is a thing of the past. Dansby should focus more on making contact and less on leading the league in strikeouts.
Dennis Reynolds
So much for timely hitting. There's at least 4 automatic outs in this lineup.
Nitro Power
AG
Let me say something here a second. First, I think Acuna is the most talented player on the planet right now. With that being said, I don't think he will ever fulfill that potential. He's too much of a show boat who still has some serious growing up to do. He has been a round long enough to know how to be a pro. I could be wrong and hope I am wrong. Probably going to get trashed for this opinion, but that's just my observations.

I would like to hear from a Braves fan perspective. Also, for the record, I am no fan of Alonso, so you guys understand I'm not trashing in your players or team.
Propane & Accessories
AG
Nitro Power said:

Let's Go Mets!

Heck yeah!!! LGM!

Still waiting for us to collapse though it is tradition but I love the Buck so far and as weird as it is to say DeGrom starting on the IL helps since it has allowed Megill to emerge as a legit starter, otherwise he would of started in AAA.
Nitro Power
AG
Things ain't like they used to be...thanks to uncle Steve
aggiephoenix02
Yeah, I can see things from that perspective…
kheincho
Nitro Power said:

Let me say something here a second. First, I think Acuna is the most talented player on the planet right now. With that being said, I don't think he will ever fulfill that potential. He's too much of a show boat who still has some serious growing up to do. He has been a round long enough to know how to be a pro. I could be wrong and hope I am wrong. Probably going to get trashed for this opinion, but that's just my observations.

I would like to hear from a Braves fan perspective. Also, for the record, I am no fan of Alonso, so you guys understand I'm not trashing in your players or team.
Did he do something recently that inspired this post? I think he does occasionally do something that requires correction, but he responds REALLY well to someone like Snitker correcting him. I feel like Snitker realizes how he is and lets him do his thing until he needs a correction. The results could be completely different if the manager was a hardass that didn't allow him to be himself most of the time.
yawny06
AG
7 run innings are nice…
yawny06
AG
7 runs without a homer…

Heredia just couldn't let it go without connecting on at least one…9-1 now!
Nitro Power
AG
7 run innings indeed
yawny06
AG
Poor Philly…

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.