Braves Thread

120,461 Views | 2067 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Aggie1205
PermianBasinAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.si.com/mlb/2021/08/12/braves-brian-snitker-better-late-daily-cover

Here's a great article about Snitker. It's hard not to root for the guy when you see the path he's taken to get to this point.
Lavender Gooms
AG
Wow, talk about perseverance. Great read, thanks for posting!

Always nice to see the Braves up at the top of the division!
yawny06
AG
Now up 3.5 games. Got a little interesting last night in the bottom of 9th, but got it done!
yawny06
AG
Fried with an 89 pitch, complete game shutout.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
That's the kind of performance that Maddux used to put up. Granted it was against Baltimore, but still extremely impressive.

And how about d'Arnaud hitting a 2 run bomb on the same day he signed a new contract extension. Everything is really starting to come together.
yawny06
AG
Another W tonight!
PermianBasinAggie
AG
I think at this point, the reasonable question to ask is.... Will the Braves ever lose another game? And I would say that no, they will not.
aggiephoenix02
Tomahawk Chop, baby!
yawny06
AG
Finished the road trip with at least a 5 game lead!

Everything is clicking right now and at the right time!
yawny06
AG
Rough nightcould not take advantage of opportunities.

yawny06
AG
What a 9th inning. Had a chance, just couldn't quite finish.

yawny06
AG
Some thoughts on the game last night...

1.) Infield shifts cost Charlie Morton (2) easy outs that ultimately lead to runs for the Yanks. Not sure these were best decisions given the hitters and the counts. Is what it is, but you could tell Charlie was upset by at least one these in the 4th inning.

2.) Albies and Soler did not get us off to a good start against a shaky starter. 2 outs on 3 pitches. Did get a couple of runs in the first despite that, but really missed a big opportunity to get up big early.

3.) Heredia is in one heck of a slump. 1 for 21 in his last seven games. He had an opportunity last night to move Duvall, but instead took strike 3. He did have a great catch in center field.

4.) Mere inches separated an additional run in the 5th inning (I think Freddie was safe, but replay was not conclusive enough).

5.) Braves missed out on a potential runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out situation in the 8th, when Riley beat the throw but was out when his sliding foot came off the bag. Instead, we end up with a runner on 3rd with 2 outs Swanson grounds out to end the inning.

6.) Crazy stat...right handed batters are 1 out of 54 against Tyler Matzek (did not look this up, but that is the Braves TV crew stated last night). Batter's #53 and #54 were Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton, who both struck out. That is unreal for a left handed pitcher.

7.) It was a fun game to watch. Felt like a playoff game. My boys are just now getting into baseball (and already have a developed hatred for the Yankees ), so this was like a rewind to almost 30 years ago when I was watching the Braves as a kid on TBS. Disappointed that they could not come out with a win, but this team can play with anybody. Two days off should get them ready to play against the best in the league.

yawny06
AG
JOC PEDERSON!!

yawny06
AG
Will also add

Heredia got a pinch hit single, then Albies and Soler turned a 2 run deficit into a 2 run lead in just 2 pitches.

aggiephoenix02
I love rooting for the Braves. It started in the early '90's, I was at game 6 of the '95 World Series, season tickets for a number of years. Fulton County Stadium was a magical place.

I sure wish we had gotten to host the All-Star Game...

Edit: This years All-Star Game...
aggiephoenix02
I also enjoy seeing the Braves Thread at the top of the board, haha...
yawny06
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

I love rooting for the Braves. It started in the early '90's, I was at game 6 of the '95 World Series, season tickets for a number of years. Fulton County Stadium was a magical place.

I sure wish we had gotten to host the All-Star Game...

Remember that night very well. Was not there (jealous) but remember exactly where I was for that game. Hope to have another memory like that soon!
yawny06
AG
Shutout favor returned. Big series win over the team with the best record in the league, though its obvious which team is actually the best!
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Anybody else absolutely loathe the Dodgers? Philly is only 2.5 games back now, but the schedule is about to soften up for a couple of weeks. This NYY, SF and LA stretch has been a gauntlet.
yawny06
AG
Yes, loathe the Dodgers. Been a rough couple of nights for the Braves at the plate. Hope Albies is ok.

yawny06
AG
Two straight late inning leads blown lead to being swept.

Have to get things going in Colorado...

yawny06
AG
Good to back in the win column.

Adam Duvall should be careful. He might get arrested for assault after what he did to that baseball last night!
yawny06
AG
Bats got rolling today! Believe that is consecutive Sundays with 9 runs!
aggiephoenix02
Major League is on tonight at 9pm on Movies!

Braves related because we beat the Cleveland Indians in the World Series in six games...
yawny06
AG
Ozie with some timely hits last night to secure the win. He is on one hell of streak since missing a game.

2.5 games up!
yawny06
AG
That was fun last night! Up 3.5 now!
Aggie1205
AG
4.5 games up on Phillies.
yawny06
AG
Good to grab that 4.5 game before heading into a day off. Need to add a couple more games to it before heading back west.

yawny06
AG
Great night at the plate last night to go along with the O's blanking the Phillies. Back up 3 games.

Snitker has been tinkering with the line up a little bit these last few games. Liked what I saw last night with Soler leading off followed by Freeman then Albies.

Adam Duvall murdered a baseball last night with a 483 foot bomb. He has been on fire lately.
yawny06
AG
Duvall just hit a 3 run homer, that ended up being a 2 run single. Really wacky play. Ball bounced out of the center fielder's glove and goes over the fence, making a home run. However, Riley was on first and made a break back to first base thinking the ball was going to be caught. In doing so, he runs past Duvall, creating the out.

The home run that wasn't….
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Good thing they still won. The Phillies aren't slowing down at all, and they're on the schedule next week. It would be best to have as much buffer as possible heading into that one.

Duvall and Riley have been murdering baseballs lately.
yawny06
AG
Yep, caught the end of the Phillies and O's night before last. O's were a strike away from taking the first two games. Instead, they gave up a double after intentionally walking Harper (who represented the winning run). So close to getting that lead back to 4 games.

Offense has got going. Duvall and Riley are doing what they do, but then you have Freeman who has been just as good lately, to go along with Rosario (who hits for a cycle on FIVE pitches??) and Ozzie is starting to heat back up batting 3rd. If Dansby can get going again, it is going to be a tough line up 1-8.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Fried may have saved the season last night. With the bullpen disaster from the night before and the continuation of the rain shortened game in San Diago, they were in danger of losing 2-1/2 games in the standings in a little over 24 hours. Max came through with the CGSO though. He's pitching like a true ace right now. Hopefully he gets a chance to pitch in the post season.
yawny06
AG
Big come from behind (3 times!) win tonight! Have magic number now 7!
yawny06
AG
Smith made it interesting, but we got the sweep in San Diego! Magic number now 5 with a chance to clinch this week!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.