Braves Thread

120,488 Views | 2067 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Aggie1205
78669AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PermianBasinAggie said:

78669AG said:

Eddie Adam Ronald OF next year

Hopefully the NL adds the DH next year, and you can hang on to Soler in addition to those 3.

Or Joc
If you can't handle the stress, log off until August. If you can handle the stress, be supportive and donate to United. No more buildings and concrete. Gotta channel funds to the collective for now.
78669AG
Key to this teams future is getting Soroka back
If you can't handle the stress, log off until August. If you can handle the stress, be supportive and donate to United. No more buildings and concrete. Gotta channel funds to the collective for now.
Cromagnum
AG
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Well, doesn't look like tonight is gonna be the night. Fried was not good tonight. Hopefully they don't let too much doubt creep in going back to Atlanta.
yawny06
AG
Not too worried about the mentality of this team.

Was hoping Fried would have dished out a Maddux tonight, but, thats just baseball.

Biggest shame of the night is a half full stadium for an NLCS game.
yawny06
AG
Wow. Tip of the hat.

Lets get it done in Braves Country.
78669AG
Yuck....dont have a great feeling going forward either
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I knew the Dodgers would come out clicking in an elimination game at home. They have won 2 out of the 3 middle games, but I think the Braves will crush the the Dodgers' dream of repeating as World Series champions in Game 6 in Atlanta. With a 4:08 PM start time, there will be some overlap between NLCS Game 6 and the South Carolina game.
yawny06
AG
78669AG said:

Yuck....dont have a great feeling going forward either

I did not have a great feeling after game 3, but had really great feelings after game 4.

Baseball is just like that…

This Braves group is very resilient. But the Dodgers are also the defending champs. So, you have to figure it is gonna be a fight to the end.

Getting one in LA was huge, getting two would have just been icing on the cake. Anyone of us would have taken a 3-2 lead after 5, and thats what we got. Now just have to finish.

yawny06
AG
WORLD SERIES BABY!

TOMAHAWK CHOP!!!!
yawny06
AG
And Tyler Matzek is a beast! Dude comes in with two on, no outs and just shuts the door with six straight outs. Wow!
clinte234
AG
Whoop!!
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Yeah, that Matzek performance was legendary. And how about Snit rolling the dice pinch hitting for Anderson in the 4th and getting 3 runs out of it! Team of destiny!!!
yawny06
AG
Was nice to see Soler get a hit as well. We are gonna need his bat. Starting in Houston helps because we can use him or Joc as the DH to help out that bottom side of the line up.

If Luke Jackson can get his head back right, this team has the pitching to be able to win it all.
clinte234
AG
Aggie AJ Minter, middle relief was huge! 4 Ks and 6 outs…no hits!
yawny06
AG
Yep, that was a big performance from Minter, especially after the decision to pinch hit for Ian.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I am glad the Braves defeated the Dodgers 4-2 in Game 6 to win the ALCS in 6 games. The Braves crushed the Dodgers dream of repeating as World Series champions.
78669AG
Tonight is the night
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Kyle Wright was added to the WS roster in place of Jacob Webb. I'm curious to see if he'll start game 4. He was fantastic last year in the NLDS, then got obliterated by the Dodgers in the NLCS. He's barely pitched in the majors this year, but finished the year strong in Gwinnett. I think adding him is worth the gamble. Might catch lightning in a bottle.
yawny06
AG
Excited for tonight. I really like this line up with Soler leading off. I hope they get some runs early and get Charlie the win.
The Anchor
AG
Got tickets for tonight!

First MLB game all season.
yawny06
AG
SOLER!!!!
78669AG
The Anchor said:

Got tickets for tonight!

First MLB game all season.

Wow good for you pal
yawny06
AG
Man…this sucks for Charlie. Hope he is ok.

yawny06
AG
AJ got us six outs. Cannot ask for much more given the situation, even though we probably should have got at least one if not two on the Dansby error. Is what it is…now have to go get it back.

78669AG
yawny06 said:

AJ got us six outs. Cannot ask for much more given the situation, even though we probably should have got at least one if not two on the Dansby error. Is what it is…now have to go get it back.

Need 1 or two more to feel comfortable
Aggie1205
AG
It will be interesting to see who replaces Morton on the roster. Maybe Webb comes back but length might be needed as we will likely have multiple bullpen games.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
This ump is terrible
yawny06
AG
Yea, he is all over the place. That called strike three on Duvall was not even close.
yawny06
AG
What a gutsy performance from AJ. Was for sure he was not going to go back out there. Got us three more outs!
78669AG
Aggie1205 said:

It will be interesting to see who replaces Morton on the roster. Maybe Webb comes back but length might be needed as we will likely have multiple bullpen games.

I think Kyle Wright will now get a start
clinte234
AG
Gig 'Em AJ!
PermianBasinAggie
AG
I want to see Spencer Strider on the roster to replace Charlie
Aggie1205
AG
I think you look at Touki or Newcomb. Either has the stuff to compete when they are on.
yawny06
AG
That is what you want to see from Luke!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.