BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

711,340 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
95_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know what is going in north of Pet Smart on Arrington?
Rex Racer
AG
I had lunch at Kreuz once. We arrived shortly after they opened. I wanted a baked potato with chopped beef on it, but they said the baked potatoes would not be done cooking for another hour. How about you prepare ahead of time?

Not surprised.
techno-ag
AG
Rex Racer said:

I had lunch at Kreuz once. We arrived shortly after they opened. I wanted a baked potato with chopped beef on it, but they said the baked potatoes would not be done cooking for another hour. How about you prepare ahead of time?

Not surprised.
To be fair, most places don't even offer baked potatoes for lunch just because they do take a long time to bake.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
carpe vinum
AG
What if I told you BBQ takes a long time too?
law80
AG
AGnCS said:

Anyone know what is going in north of Pet Smart on Arrington?
Andrews Orthodontics is moving out of their current location and into their own building. They will also lease out the space next to them.
Rex Racer
AG
techno-ag said:

Rex Racer said:

Not surprised.
To be fair, most places don't even offer baked potatoes for lunch just because they do take a long time to bake.

Well, then don't offer them.
ratfacemcdougal
Ummmm...I think that is about the only thing Tater Shack offers
techno-ag
AG
All I know is most of the restaurants I've been to that offer them don't offer them for lunch. It takes something like 5 hours of baking and evidently need to be made daily. So if you want to have them fresh and ready for lunch you've got to fire up the oven around 6 am. I suspect many places don't have people coming in that early so the lunch crew puts the baked potatoes on for the supper crowd.

The point is moot anyway since Kreuz is out of business.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
halibut sinclair
FlyRod
Quote:

Glad we settled that.
TXAG 05
AG
No that it matters, but you don't go to a Kreuz type place for a chopped beef baked potato.
techno-ag
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

No that it matters, but you don't go to a Kreuz type place for a chopped beef baked potato.
Yup. Maybe that contributed to their demise.

- Joe Biden

- Kamala Harris
ratfacemcdougal
Just a poke for a bit more fun....there are plenty of restaurants that serve baked sweet potatoes. Longhorn Steakhouse has one that is fall off the bone good.
JMac03
AG
ratfacemcdougal said:

Just a poke for a bit more fun....there are plenty of restaurants that serve baked sweet potatoes. Longhorn Steakhouse has one that is fall off the bone good.
Potatoes don't have bones.
Geralt of Rivia
S
JMac03 said:

ratfacemcdougal said:

Potatoes don't have bones.
They do if you put one in there yourself
TXAG 05
AG
techno-ag said:

Cstrickland05 said:

Yup. Maybe that contributed to their demise.

Definitely. Based on this board, the people of BCS don't want a "real" BBQ place where you order quality meat by weight. They want a place where you can get a chopped beef (which is usually made from leftovers) sandwich or potato or a bbq "plate" kind of place which are dime a dozen and all taste the same. The fact that so many people thought they were too expensive proves this. Kreuz was relatively cheap compared to most bbq places.
techno-ag
AG
ratfacemcdougal said:

And, they're still in business.

- Joe Biden

- Kamala Harris
FlyRod
Quote:

Definitely. Based on this board, the people of BCS don't want a "real" BBQ place where you order quality meat by weight. They want a place where you can get a chopped beef (which is usually made from leftovers) sandwich or potato or a bbq "plate" kind of place which are dime a dozen and all taste the same.

Spot on. Which is why I was so surprised Dickey's went under...that seemed like the modal BCS BBQ place...a safe, inoffensive chain.
frito bandito
Five hours to bake a potato? I've been doing it all wrong....
halibut sinclair
frito bandito said:

Five hours to bake a potato? I've been doing it all wrong....
Yup. 45 minutes in the oven, 10 in the microwave.
JMac03
AG
Howdys Pizza has stuff going on inside. Looks like they are clearing it out.

On a side note Mess Waffles said on FB they were opening "soon, very soon".
Geralt of Rivia
S
According to my neighborhood Nextdoor page, Trackside Kolache will be opening very soon (I think within the next week or two)
htxfan21
I'm sorry but this place was disgusting and disappointing. I am more than willing to pay for good BBQ, or food for that matter. I'm glad it's gone honestly.
IGAS
Geralt of Rivia said:

According to my neighborhood Nextdoor page, Trackside Kolache will be opening very soon (I think within the next week or two)
The Anchor
AG
Aggiehtxfan said:

I'm sorry but this place was disgusting and disappointing. I am more than willing to pay for good BBQ, or food for that matter. I'm glad it's gone honestly.
You're glad a business failed since you didn't like their food. Weird.

Anyways, can we move the Kruez demise to their thread and not clog up this thread?
toolshed
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

Where is the location? I noticed a new kolache place going in in the cursed location of I believe the original Bahama Bucks in Bryan (years ago), or some sort of snow cone place. It's at the Y of Villa Maria and Briarcrest, across from the old Blockbuster location.

I think their product better be amazing to be able to survive in a location that's terrible to get in and out of.
Geralt of Rivia
S
It is next door to the Gumby's on Koppe Bridge Rd.
Broncos
Aggiehtxfan said:

Yea. Let us send a message to potential incoming businesses that we want them to fail. Even if I don't like a business or frequent it I don't want them to fail. It doesn't look good to future investors.
95_Aggie
AG
Staff: clean up on aisle 7
carpe vinum
AG
AGnCS said:

Staff: clean up on aisle 7
Wicked Good Ag
Does anyone know why the Kreuz BBQ thread was locked ?? I didn't see anything that would warrant it. And if they get shut down then the discourse will come here I would imagine which I am a prime example of that in this instance
htxfan21
Luckily, I'm entitled to my opinion and not everyone has to like it. I've been in the area my whole life and seen many, many businesses come and go. It is what it is.
Anyone hit up Marshall's lately?
viejo
techno-ag said:

All I know is most of the restaurants I've been to that offer them don't offer them for lunch. It takes something like 5 hours of baking and evidently need to be made daily. So if you want to have them fresh and ready for lunch you've got to fire up the oven around 6 am. I suspect many places don't have people coming in that early so the lunch crew puts the baked potatoes on for the supper crowd.

Don't cook much do you? 5 hours to bake a potato? Goodness.
CDub06
AG
Low and slow, baby. Low. And. Slow.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Does anyone know why the Kreuz BBQ thread was locked ?? I didn't see anything that would warrant it. And if they get shut down then the discourse will come here I would imagine which I am a prime example of that in this instance
Because it became a thread of BBQ snobs denigrating other's preferences because their palate wasn't as sophisticated as theirs.

General rule on Texags: Never get into a discussion about BBQ or Mexican food places. It brings out the d-bags.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.