BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

703,845 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
Kitten With A Whip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
techno-ag said:

LSCSN said:

the same way Bush's closed for renovations?
I don't think so. From what I last heard they do better than the CS location (haven't spoken with anyone there in a while). Think they're just upping the aesthetics with Hooters opening nearby. Plus, the building was prolly ready for a remodel anyway.
The official Cotton Patch Cafe Facebook had an announcement that the Bryan store was closing for renovations. That seems a little more legit than just putting it on an outdoor sign.
Oogway
Chains have a harder time getting away with not sprucing up, IMO. One might have a certain nostalgia for the local place that serves the same delicious burger and fries but hasn't changed the decor in 30 years but with chain restaurants that isn't quite the same.
techno-ag
AG
Kitten With A Whip said:

techno-ag said:

LSCSN said:

I don't think so. From what I last heard they do better than the CS location (haven't spoken with anyone there in a while). Think they're just upping the aesthetics with Hooters opening nearby. Plus, the building was prolly ready for a remodel anyway.
The official Cotton Patch Cafe Facebook had an announcement that the Bryan store was closing for renovations. That seems a little more legit than just putting it on an outdoor sign.
Well there you go.
techno-ag
AG
Oogway said:

Chains have a harder time getting away with not sprucing up, IMO. One might have a certain nostalgia for the local place that serves the same delicious burger and fries but hasn't changed the decor in 30 years but with chain restaurants that isn't quite the same.
Yup. I recall the time the McDonald's in the Tejas center renovated. They took it down to the foundation and rebuilt.
Captn_Ag05
AG
techno-ag said:

Kitten With A Whip said:

techno-ag said:

LSCSN said:

Well there you go.
Why not wait until summer after graduation and students clear out? Always surprise me when places do this.
AgFan1999
AG
this way you make sure it's open by football season?
ratfacemcdougal
And the race is on....who will open first CP or Hooters? Honda started from scratch after Ford started on the Rotisserie and was finished and open for business before Ford finished.
EBrazosAg
AG
Kitten With A Whip said:

techno-ag said:

LSCSN said:

They need more than a renovation. The CS store has had horrible service the last couple of times I have been there despite being half empty. The chain was purchased from the E Tx founders in 2015 by a private equity firm. I think their corporate culture from staff to management has likely suffered - seems the long term managers that were at the stores here are now gone, and the wait staff seems less engaged than in their early days here. The PE firm is trying to expand the concept - bet they are neglecting parts of the brand while doing that.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Kitten With A Whip
AgFan1999 said:

The post said "See you all in May", so it should be re-opened well before football season, but you never know. We all know how construction can be!
Captn_Ag05
AG
AgFan1999 said:

Didn't think it was but a month renovation?
mgreen
Drove by the Brazilian Restaurant this morning and it looks ready to open. I would be shocked if they do not open by the end of the month. Looks VERY impressive by the way.
emtes
AG
emtes
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Site plans for Burger Mojo on University and Spice World in Caprock Crossing now available on city of CS website. I am surprised that Burger Mojo will have a drive-through and the interior looks pretty small. I figured it would be more of a sit down type place. I also worry about how the logistics of a drive-through will work in that space.
I heard it was supposed to be craftburgers meets Whataburger. Extended hours with drive thru. Could be a good business model and solid location... However, that spot will be a royal pain in the keister to get out of, especially if you are heading east. We shall see!
australopithecus robustus
No different than leaving Embassy Suites, Mad Taco or anything else over there....
AgFan1999
AG
if you waited till summer and there were any delays, you miss a high revenue time of year. Just a guess?
FlyRod
Quote:

Drove by the Brazilian Restaurant this morning and it looks ready to open. I would be shocked if they do not open by the end of the month. Looks VERY impressive by the way.

Looking forward to it.

Cue the rinkey-dink "We don't have the demographics to support such a place" doom-and-gloom comments.
FILO505
AG
If this town can support Christopher's, it can certainly support a Brazilian steakhouse. Only way it tanks is if it stinks or the customer service is absolute doo doo. Can't wait to try it.
techno-ag
AG
tombdaddy504 said:

If this town can support Christopher's, it can certainly support a Brazilian steakhouse. Only way it tanks is if it stinks or the customer service is absolute doo doo. Can't wait to try it.
Nailed it. Looking forward to more great dining options.
95_Aggie
AG
At least they are close to Hwy 6, but will they survive the summer?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Speaking of Christopher's, KBTX had a good story yesterday about how much the Bush's loved that place and have even influenced the menu.
bcstx06
First off, the front page has been updated!

I wanted to speak on the owner of Brazos Valley Imports and College Station Ford. It seems that this guy has a thing for "College Station," and wants out of Bryan for the most part. He will be moving BMW and Hyundai out of Bryan and into College Station and naming them "BMW of College Station" and "Hyundai of College Station" in addition to his new "Mercedes of College Station."

And before you guys go all crazy, I'm just voicing an opinion on what I see the guy doing from the outside. His first intent when he bought the Bryan dealership was to rebuild it all in Bryan, then he changed it to moving BMW to College Station and now Hyundai as well. The funny part about the whole thing is the neighborhood that he is moving these dealerships to the front of did not want them there.

australopithecus robustus
I think it's a matter if the town can support Christopher's, The Republic, Porter's, AND The Brazilian Steakhouse. I for one think it can, but I think they will all not be getting the return on investment that they hope for.

Republic will do well, but it looks like their rent's about to triple and I doubt that their sales will also.
Cyp0111
The new Republic steakhouse looks great. I've eaten at Porters twice and it was up and down on the steak, however, the appetizers and bar area is great.
Aggie
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

B2BCS15 said:

JERSEY MIKE'S UPDATE:

Wanted to give everyone an update on the progress with the initial Jersey Mike's BCS store. We are getting VERY close to wrapping up the final terms of our lease and will soon get to actually make some tangible progress! We are excited to announce that we will be located in the new development at Rock Prairie/Hwy6 in front of the Baylor Scott & White Hospital. Currently there's a Smoothie King in the left end cap and we plan to occupy the middle monument tower. Since we don't have the signed lease in hand or buidling permits, an open date is a shot in the dark, but I am hopeful that we will be able to get something rolling by September, just in time to watch the Aggies BTHO! We're really excited to bring this fresh and healthy option to BCS and look forward to serving and giving back to the community that's given my family so much through the years! We appreciate all the support!

http://weingartenrealty.propertycapsule.com/cre/commercial-real-estate-listings/college+station/texas/rockprairiemarketplace/photos#
So excited about this one. Should be a great location. Just commented to my wife yesterday how I was craving JM!!!

Good luck.... But I don't see that as being a great location.
musicforall
Well, it will be a good location to catch the people looking for something to eat following fasting for blood work and other . . . procedures at Scott and White.
KidDoc
AG
musicforall said:

Well, it will be a good location to catch the people looking for something to eat following fasting for blood work and other . . . procedures at Scott and White.
And for all the staff that works in that area!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Oogway
It isn't super high visibility, but now that I know it is there, that shopping center is easy in and out for me from any direction. Once that big development down the road from it is built, I may reassess!
Captn_Ag05
AG
Easy access form Rock Prairie, a large development going up close by, BSW in the backyard...I think the location will be just fine.

Question for owner - will the location have delivery?
eloc62
Aggie said:

RGRAg1/75 said:

B2BCS15 said:

JERSEY MIKE'S UPDATE:

Wanted to give everyone an update on the progress with the initial Jersey Mike's BCS store. We are getting VERY close to wrapping up the final terms of our lease and will soon get to actually make some tangible progress! We are excited to announce that we will be located in the new development at Rock Prairie/Hwy6 in front of the Baylor Scott & White Hospital. Currently there's a Smoothie King in the left end cap and we plan to occupy the middle monument tower. Since we don't have the signed lease in hand or buidling permits, an open date is a shot in the dark, but I am hopeful that we will be able to get something rolling by September, just in time to watch the Aggies BTHO! We're really excited to bring this fresh and healthy option to BCS and look forward to serving and giving back to the community that's given my family so much through the years! We appreciate all the support!

http://weingartenrealty.propertycapsule.com/cre/commercial-real-estate-listings/college+station/texas/rockprairiemarketplace/photos#
So excited about this one. Should be a great location. Just commented to my wife yesterday how I was craving JM!!!

Good luck.... But I don't see that as being a great location.

Great location or not, I will find them and eat there often. can't wait for this place to open! Jimmy John's might get a little less of my money during the week, but I will still eat at both. Love me a good sando for lunch!
DontBeTriggered
bcstx06 said:

First off, the front page has been updated!

I wanted to speak on the owner of Brazos Valley Imports and College Station Ford. It seems that this guy has a thing for "College Station," and wants out of Bryan for the most part. He will be moving BMW and Hyundai out of Bryan and into College Station and naming them "BMW of College Station" and "Hyundai of College Station" in addition to his new "Mercedes of College Station."

And before you guys go all crazy, I'm just voicing an opinion on what I see the guy doing from the outside. His first intent when he bought the Bryan dealership was to rebuild it all in Bryan, then he changed it to moving BMW to College Station and now Hyundai as well. The funny part about the whole thing is the neighborhood that he is moving these dealerships to the front of did not want them there.

College Station is such a bigger name now. I'm not sure what has happened but Bryan has gone down hill. The west side is nice and wonderful, but everything else is just old or unkempt. Businesses have no standards there. They need to employ higher standards in regards to uniform signage, infrastructure and landscaping. It needs to be more modern and classy. I can see many reasons for the move.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I heard that the parking garage at Century Square is finally going to open in the next two weeks. It will have around 450 spots. About time!
KidDoc
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

I heard that the parking garage at Century Square is finally going to open in the next two weeks. It will have around 450 spots. About time!
Yes past time. I went to Blaze before the M&W game and parking was a pain and the garage looked like it was completed at that time.

Blaze was great btw, spicy marinana FTW!
Oogway
Spicy marinara? You have my attention...any other recs off the menu or should I scroll back a coupla pages?
Oogway
Sorry for the double post but when we were visiting the new Ace (thumbs up!) we saw a place called Lupa's Coffee? They were south from the Planet Fitness. Has anyone tried them? Although I travel that section of Texas a lot, if I am driving I don't really look around and didn't even know they were there. Might give them a try...
Bobo18
Lupa's Is very popular with the students and is pretty solid. It's probably the second favorite study spot for students other than Sweet Eugene's

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.