BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

703,850 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
ChampsAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Had my last experience at Casa Rod for a while. Horrible service. Cold food. Manager not interested
carpe vinum
AG
Bummer. Had the Memo last week, hot, fast, great service. I'm not among those that think it's the best, but it's pretty good. I'm a regular.
AggiePhil
AG
Taco Crave!
LastHamlet
AG
carpe vinum said:

Bummer. Had the Memo last week, hot, fast, great service. I'm not among those that think it's the best, but it's pretty good. I'm a regular.

That's the only plate I get there. Their crispy tacos are good also because they use ground beef not that soupy ***** Never had bad service or cold food.
Aggie
AG
Is there a time table for when Gringos is supposed to start construction?
KidDoc
AG
Has anyone tried Tad's food truck by Lowe's @ Fitch? Just curious as to what they are offering.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
phatpat21
I have not but curious as well. I went to Lowe's Saturday evening and there was 4-5 cars there so I assume something good is going on there
theycallmemrtibbs
drew89 said:

Gigem314 said:

LastHamlet said:

Casa Rod > Gringos
Will have to agree to disagree there. Casa Rod is the most overrated Tex-Mex in BCS.
I would go Papa Perez, San Jose, Jose's, and Cilantro over Casa Rod all day long
I would go to Taco Bell over Casa Rod all day long.
CactusThomas
AG
Taco bell has Big Red margaritas?
theycallmemrtibbs
CactusThomas said:

Taco bell has Big Red margaritas?
There's a strawberry skittles freeze. But you gotta add your own booze.
AggiePhil
AG
Long John Silver's needs to come to south CS.
Chef Demas 2020
AG
Had a buddy who ate at Casa Rod this past Saturday night who said the entire kitchen except for one and most of the wait staff quit mid shift.
B2BCS15
AG
JERSEY MIKE'S UPDATE:

Wanted to give everyone an update on the progress with the initial Jersey Mike's BCS store. We are getting VERY close to wrapping up the final terms of our lease and will soon get to actually make some tangible progress! We are excited to announce that we will be located in the new development at Rock Prairie/Hwy6 in front of the Baylor Scott & White Hospital. Currently there's a Smoothie King in the left end cap and we plan to occupy the middle monument tower. Since we don't have the signed lease in hand or buidling permits, an open date is a shot in the dark, but I am hopeful that we will be able to get something rolling by September, just in time to watch the Aggies BTHO! We're really excited to bring this fresh and healthy option to BCS and look forward to serving and giving back to the community that's given my family so much through the years! We appreciate all the support!

http://weingartenrealty.propertycapsule.com/cre/commercial-real-estate-listings/college+station/texas/rockprairiemarketplace/photos#
http://weingartenrealty.propertycapsule.com/cre/commercial-real-estate-listings/college+station/texas/rockprairiemarketplace/photos#
Captn_Ag05
AG
Exciting news and congratulations on selecting a location!

I wondered what else may be going in to that location in addition to the Smoothie King. Seems like a great spot. I wonder if there has been any interest in the pad sites front.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Site plans for Burger Mojo on University and Spice World in Caprock Crossing now available on city of CS website. I am surprised that Burger Mojo will have a drive-through and the interior looks pretty small. I figured it would be more of a sit down type place. I also worry about how the logistics of a drive-through will work in that space.
RGRAg1/75
AG
B2BCS15 said:

JERSEY MIKE'S UPDATE:

Wanted to give everyone an update on the progress with the initial Jersey Mike's BCS store. We are getting VERY close to wrapping up the final terms of our lease and will soon get to actually make some tangible progress! We are excited to announce that we will be located in the new development at Rock Prairie/Hwy6 in front of the Baylor Scott & White Hospital. Currently there's a Smoothie King in the left end cap and we plan to occupy the middle monument tower. Since we don't have the signed lease in hand or buidling permits, an open date is a shot in the dark, but I am hopeful that we will be able to get something rolling by September, just in time to watch the Aggies BTHO! We're really excited to bring this fresh and healthy option to BCS and look forward to serving and giving back to the community that's given my family so much through the years! We appreciate all the support!

So excited about this one. Should be a great location. Just commented to my wife yesterday how I was craving JM!!!
B2BCS15
AG
During negotiations, we were told that a Mexican food restaurant was making a deal for the right end cap. I haven't had a chance to inquire any further but I'll probe a bit to see if I can get some breaking news! Haven't heard them say that they've had any bites on the pads but I'm sure as soon as they get the cut through road behind Lowe's-S&W, it won't take long to start filling up. W. Phillips got a plan for 600 homes approved for that new cut through! Is YMCA still proposed for that area as well?
dave99ag
AG
What is Spice World?
carpe vinum
AG
My speculation is that it will be much like the Asian Market next to Tractor Supply, but with more of an Indian / Middle Eastern focus. It looks fairly small. Hopefully they'll have a kitchen/snack bar too.
ChampsAg
College Station Med closing Labor and Delivery
Captn_Ag05
AG
carpe vinum said:

My speculation is that it will be much like the Asian Market next to Tractor Supply, but with more of an Indian / Middle Eastern focus. It looks fairly small. Hopefully they'll have a kitchen/snack bar too.
I actually thought it looked a pretty decent size for a specialty mart. Site plans call for the building to be around 9,000 square feet. Trying to think of a good size comparison, but a free-standing dollar general store is usually around 7,000-7,500 square feet.
dave99ag
AG
carpe vinum said:

I think you're right. I'd love some more Indian options (still love Taz) and the drive is less than to the Mini, mini Mart for spices.
carpe vinum
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

carpe vinum said:

I actually thought it looked a pretty decent size for a specialty mart. Site plans call for the building to be around 9,000 square feet. Trying to think of a good size comparison, but a free-standing dollar general store is usually around 7,000-7,500 square feet.
By small, I meant I was kinda hoping for larger (more stuff besides packaged) and an eatery inside.
australopithecus robustus
If Fuego's drive through can work, just about anything can work!
Captn_Ag05
AG
Doesn't sound like we will get a Waffle House anytime soon...

Quote:

Restaurants such as Waffle House are planned and built by private businesses. We proactively recruit many companies, including restaurants, and we've pursued Waffle House for several years. Unfortunately, its management has repeatedly said it has no plans to expand to College Station anytime soon.

https://blog.cstx.gov/2018/04/17/why-doesnt-college-station-have-a-waffle-house/
PS3D
dave99ag said:

What is Spice World?
Looking at the site plans (size, parking layout) I'm going to go with Indian/Middle Eastern restaurant. Can't be 100% on that since the plans usually involve some sort of grease trap in the actual site plan, which I didn't see.
techno-ag
AG
The Bryan Cotton Patch closed for renovations.
BCSWguru
the same way Bush's closed for renovations?
ethridgem
AG
AggiePhil said:

lol no
nought
AG
ethridgem said:

AggiePhil said:

lol no

Oh yes, that would be great. It should take over the old Bush's Chicken location. Fish n More mmmmmmmmm (and yes I am serious).
AG 86 BC
AG
Robin at the Ice House in Bryan is opening May 25th.

Grand opening party May 19th.
LightningDammitt
AG
AG 86 BC said:

Robin at the Ice House in Bryan is opening May 25th.

Grand opening party May 19th.
Robin? Or Ronin?
AG 86 BC
AG
Ronin.

AgsWin2011
AG
nought said:

ethridgem said:

AggiePhil said:

lol no

Oh yes, that would be great. It should take over the old Bush's Chicken location. Fish n More mmmmmmmmm (and yes I am serious).
I'd rather see a Wings N' More Express in that location.
techno-ag
AG
LSCSN said:

the same way Bush's closed for renovations?
I don't think so. From what I last heard they do better than the CS location (haven't spoken with anyone there in a while). Think they're just upping the aesthetics with Hooters opening nearby. Plus, the building was prolly ready for a remodel anyway.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.