Jeffrey Epstein Arrested For Sex Trafficking of Minors

458,354 Views | 2408 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by LoudestWHOOP!
will25u
How long do you want to ignore this user?
will25u
https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/jeffrey-epsteins-pilots-are-subpoenaed-in-sex-trafficking-investigation-11564142402

Federal prosecutors in Manhattan have subpoenaed Jeffrey Epstein's longtime personal pilots, according to people familiar with the matter, as investigators seek to question the financier's employees in the wake of his indictment on sex-trafficking charges.
aggiehawg
AG
will25u said:

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/jeffrey-epsteins-pilots-are-subpoenaed-in-sex-trafficking-investigation-11564142402

Federal prosecutors in Manhattan have subpoenaed Jeffrey Epstein's longtime personal pilots, according to people familiar with the matter, as investigators seek to question the financier's employees in the wake of his indictment on sex-trafficking charges.
Like that scene in Charlie Wilson's War, don't forget the limo driver.
mrad85
AG
aggiehawg said:

will25u said:

Or the cleaning folks that worked on the island. You have to know there were some "messes" to clean up
Rapier108
will25u said:

Trump of course is one of them.
aggiehawg
AG
mrad85 said:

aggiehawg said:

will25u said:

Or the cleaning folks that worked on the island. You have to know there were some "messes" to clean up
The US Attorney's office for the Virgin Islands should be issuing a slew of subpoenas as all of his employees were well paid and have NDAs. A subpoena overrules that.
30wedge
ScottishFire said:

The "Q Hater Safe Space" thread is going to be eating some crow before it's all over.
I was a devout follower of Miss Cleo
biobioprof

schmellba99
AG
G Martin 87 said:

agent-maroon said:

This event is like something straight out of the Godfather. Even has a Italian/Sicilian ex-cop with no hope of ever walking out of prison to take the fall.

How the hell could Epstein have even attempted suicide? He should be on a suicide video watch 24/7
And why attempt suicide right after filing an appeal on the bail decision? Not logical.
Do you really believe it was a suicide attempt?

I don't. Not for a minute.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Is it true this guy was in the cell next to Epstein?

agent-maroon
AG
Not likely. Said he was in the fetal position crying like a girl after one of his arranged rapes. Now if they had found him half eaten then you might be on to something
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Madman
AG
Well remember what Dr. Lecter did to Mason Verger.

SpreadsheetAg
AG
Let's see; Dems suspected of using MS13 to order hits on political foes (Seth Rich).

MS13 prolific in prison system. Highly likely they are in the prison where Epstein is languishing.

1 + 1 = 2
BMX Bandit

Billboard in LA
biobioprof
RyanAg08
AG
biobioprof said:

In defense attorneys' defense, I'm sure they know it won't work either. What else are they supposed to do?
biobioprof
RyanAg08 said:

biobioprof said:

In defense attorneys' defense, I'm sure they know it won't work either. What else are they supposed to do?
I defer to hawg and the other real lawyers on the relative value of talking about this strategy vs just keeping their mouths shut.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Them hours ain't gonna bill themselves.
aggiehawg
AG
From bio's ABC News link.

Quote:

In February of this year, U.S. District Court Judge Kenneth Marra ruled in favor of Wild and other Epstein accusers, finding that the federal government failed to confer with the victims in advance of the deal. Marra is now considering the possible remedies for the violation, which could potentially include tearing up the non-prosecutions agreement.
If the Florida judge nixes the NPA, the double jeopardy argument goes out the window.
drcrinum

drcrinum

https://philantropyinthemaking.com/2019/07/26/how-did-epstein-make-his-money/

https://www.classactionsreporter.com/sites/default/files/towers_ponzi_scheme_complaint.pdf

Long read; article above summarizes a court suit that was filed & then voluntarily withdrawn. The court suit is also listed above.

In the late 80s to early 90s, Epstein was involved in a massive ponzi scheme with another principal (Steven Hoffenberg); the latter was convicted & sentenced to 20 years in jail but Epstein was only listed as an unnamed, unindicted co-conspirator -- somehow, Epstein was 'protected'. The amount of missing money amounted to $475 million with circa 200,000 individuals left holding worthless bonds & promissory notes; over 100 lawsuits were filed during that era. Hoffenberg was released from jail in 2013, & 3 years later he swore an affidavit that Epstein was involved in the scheme. The voluntarily withdrawn court suit was then filed in 2018 (it can be refiled). The details are from the voluntarily withdrawn court suit.

Epstein must have powerful connections & tentacles to have escaped the original prosecution & civil lawsuits, plus he somehow avoided the latest suit after Hoffenberg's confession. How much money from the ponzi scheme Epstein acquired is unknown. One wonders if he was involved in other ponzi schemes.

Epstein sounds like someone with the 'gift' of superficial (psychopathic) charm, the ability to easily manipulate others (such as investors) & especially those of the opposite sex (young girls); in other words, he's a master enchanter = a sociopath. He & Bill Clinton must share a lot in common, but Epstein may be the superior (that's why he hasn't tasted Arkincide).
flakrat
AG
So is this what pizza gate was all about? Or is that a different sex trafficking ring?
ScottishFire
AG
flakrat said:

So is this what pizza gate was all about? Or is that a different sex trafficking ring?
I would say they are loosely connected. They are all friends of the Podestas, whom were knee deep in Pizzagate.
doubledegreeAG
AG
It's pretty obvious to me that Epstein was part of an expansive network that included extremely powerful people in intelligence and law enforcement. He was able to avoid lawsuits and criminal charges for a long long time despite becoming infamous in the process.

How many of his co-conspirators will be indicted? There is so much smoke here. If it is true, for example that Epstein's plane at one time shared a tail number with a government plane then shouldn't there be an investigation into that? Shouldn't there be an internal DOJ investigation into the last plea deal they gave him?
biobioprof
Dershowitz v Julie K Brown

Twitterverse is skeptical about his claim that he doesn't have a computer. I think it depends on whether you expect him to remember that his phone is a computer. I think "Twitter web app" doesn't necessarily mean he tweeted from what he thinks of as a computer.

But I also don't see any implication in the interview w/Brown that he personally is unleashing bots on her. I suspect he wouldn't know how.
biobioprof
doubledegreeAG
AG
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7294665/Jeffrey-Epstein-doomed-dome-Pedophile-Islands-mysterious-temple-lost-golden-dome.html

Quote:

There is also a possible ski chalet that Epstein owns, with records obtained by DailyMail.com showing that a $22 million home in Vail, Colorado was added to his portfolio back in 1997.

It was transferred to him back in 1998 by Libet Johnson, the late heiress to the Johnson & Johnson fortune, who passed away in 2017.

Johnson's name remained on the deed however, and she listed both herself and Epstein as living at the same address on Madison Avenue.

I wonder what was going on there.
RyanAg08
AG
biobioprof said:

Why is it even a rule? It doesn't make any sense in the first place. If you have the indictment, why strengthen it? Cant you introduce the additional evidence once the the trial begins?
Joseydog
AG
doubledegreeAG said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7294665/Jeffrey-Epstein-doomed-dome-Pedophile-Islands-mysterious-temple-lost-golden-dome.html

Quote:

There is also a possible ski chalet that Epstein owns, with records obtained by DailyMail.com showing that a $22 million home in Vail, Colorado was added to his portfolio back in 1997.

It was transferred to him back in 1998 by Libet Johnson, the late heiress to the Johnson & Johnson fortune, who passed away in 2017.

Johnson's name remained on the deed however, and she listed both herself and Epstein as living at the same address on Madison Avenue.

I wonder what was going on there.

Looks like blackmail.
biobioprof
RyanAg08 said:

biobioprof said:

Why is it even a rule? It doesn't make any sense in the first place. If you have the indictment, why strengthen it? Cant you introduce the additional evidence once the the trial begins?
I'm not a lawyer but I'd guess it's for multiple reasons. From a civil liberties pov it seems to me that not needing all the evidence before indicting someone is a bad idea. If you have enough to convict on existing charges, then you shouldn't need to impanel a grand jury to trawl for more. Witch hunt!

From a more pragmatic lock em up pov, I suspect that adding new evidence after indictment might allow the defense to stall longer based on needing time to respond to new material that has to be revealed by discovery rules.

I'd be curious to hear from hawg and the other real lawyers to see whether I'm even in the right universe, though.
aggiehawg
AG
Has more to do with the nature of grand jury proceedings.When they are in investigation stage, they are asked for search warrants and other measures. The indictment is the culmination of the investigation, the end, if you will.

That is not to say that all investigations of Epstein's conduct are terminated, however. As new information or witnesses come forward another grand jury may add charges in a superceding indictment. IIRC, Manafort had three such superceding indictments.

With charges such as sex trafficking, there are multiple financial crimes involved as well, for instance.
biobioprof
There was a hearing today

mrad85
AG
I'd bet you money that the trial won't really happen till AFTER the election
Rapier108
mrad85 said:

Depends on whether or not certain people think it can be used to harm Trump, or if it will help him.

Harm= as close to the election as possible
Help= after the election if ever
biobioprof
mrad85 said:

Not that I'm a betting man, but who wins your bet if the trial is scheduled for before and he dies before then?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.