Jeffrey Epstein Arrested For Sex Trafficking of Minors

456,867 Views | 2408 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by LoudestWHOOP!
HTownAg98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like he was arraigned, pleaded not guilty, and will sit in jail until bail (if any) can be determined on Thursday.

One question I have is why would someone have three US passports unless they were up to no good?
EKUAg
AG
eric76 said:

Sq 17 said:

according to Google , Age of consent in NY is 17 , federal law age of consent is 12. Dershowitz , Clinton etc could have a problem but that would be a state law enforcement issue.
There's always the Mann Act.

I immediately thought of Buford T. Justice.
eric76
AG
will25u said:

People were paying him for access to underage girls! All this time, I thought he was doing it to cultivate friendships with the rich and powerful to protect himself.

In all the reports I'd read, I hadn't seen anything about him actually getting paid for it.

That's an interesting development.
valvemonkey91
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Looks like he was arraigned, pleaded not guilty, and will sit in jail until bail (if any) can be determined on Thursday.

One question I have is why would someone have three US passports unless they were up to no good?

Maybe they are all filled up as much as he travels internationally. Only logical thing I can think of.
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
aggiehawg said:

I would love to be a fly on the wall during Epstein's Queen for a Day meeting.
This is legal-ese for???
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Someone who traveled as much as Epstein may have his primary one tied up with Visa apps and not in his possession when he needed to travel elsewhere. So two is not all that unusual, three is a little questionable, though. The additional passports would be for shorter periods of time, though. Just a few years instead of ten.
Big Al 1992
AG
Also interesting - this dude is not only representing some of the accusers but he defended Gore (I remember that - Bush v Gore) and Weinstein. You'd think he'd be protecting Clinton and their ilk.

HTownAg98
The Last Cobra Commander said:

aggiehawg said:

This is legal-ese for???

You get to spill your guts without anything you say being used against you.
aggiehawg
AG

aggiehawg said:

This is legal-ese for???
If Epstein is looking to make a plea deal and the prosecutors are somewhat amenable they agree to a Queen for a Day meeting. The defense makes a proffer of the incriminating evidence they have on others of interest to the prosecution with the proviso that nothing said during said meeting can then be used against the defendant.
flashplayer
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Good deal. Because I need the 3 extra days to reload my popcorn supplies.
eric76
AG
Some various items from https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/jeffrey-epstein-court-07-08-19/index.html:
Quote:

Attorney General William Barr said Monday that he is recused from the case involving multi-millionaire Jeffrey Epstein.

He told reporters in South Carolina one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm Barr subsequently joined.

A senior administration official told CNN there was an internal administration review of Labor Secretary Alex Acosta's handling of the Jeffrey Epstein case in Florida.

The non-prosecution agreement only applies to the US Attorney's office in Florida, which is why the Southern District of New York can file charges against Epstein.

The US attorney's office has been contacted over the last 36 hours by attorneys and people who allege they were victims of Jeffrey Epstein, a prosecutor told the judge at Monday's hearing.

None of them had previously spoken with the office.

The prosecutor also said Epstein has refused to answer questions about his wealth or assets for pretrial services.

So the NPA in Florida is not binding on any other prosecutors. And there are a number of new victims reporting in, which shouldn't be surprising.
TexAg1987
aggiehawg said:

aggiehawg said:

This is legal-ese for???
If Epstein is looking to make a plea deal and the prosecutors are somewhat amenable they agree to a Queen for a Day meeting. The defense makes a proffer of the incriminating evidence they have on others of interest to the prosecution with the proviso that nothing said during said meeting can then be used against the defendant.
I assume the flip side of this is if they agree and grant the plea deal, he has to testify to everything he said in the meeting?
aggiehawg
AG
TexAg1987 said:

aggiehawg said:

aggiehawg said:

This is legal-ese for???
I assume the flip side of this is if they agree and grant the plea deal, he has to testify to everything he said in the meeting?
Yes.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Attorney General William Barr said Monday that he is recused from the case involving multi-millionaire Jeffrey Epstein.

He told reporters in South Carolina one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm Barr subsequently joined.
And THAT, ladies and gents, is how recusal is done for even the slimmest of potential conflicts.

aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

So the NPA in Florida is not binding on any other prosecutors. And there are a number of new victims reporting in, which shouldn't be surprising.

Gretchen Shappert, US Attorney for the Virgin Islands.

I'd wager she gets the next shot.
JJxvi
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Also interesting - this dude is not only representing some of the accusers but he defended Gore (I remember that - Bush v Gore) and Weinstein. You'd think he'd be protecting Clinton and their ilk.

Lawyers play for whatever team pays them
AgInTheColony
AG
aggiehawg said:

will25u said:

Five years? Highly unlikely, IMO. He's 66. Fifteen years with the ability to get parole in ten, when he's 76...maybe.

If he likes breathing, he better hope gets a long sentence in solitary. He'll either get killed in prison or Arkancided once out, if not before.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

If he likes breathing, he better hope gets a long sentence in solitary. He'll either get killed in prison or Arkancided once out, if not before.
He's a pedo. Most likely he won't be in general population anyway.
eric76
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Gretchen Shappert, US Attorney for the Virgin Islands.

I'd wager she gets the next shot.
There's also New Mexico.

I assume that there isn't a large supply of potential victims around his Zorro Ranch, but there are reports that he brought plenty of victims in by airplane.
Justin2010
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

If he has dirt on the Clintons, he'll mysteriously die before the trial anyway.
aggiehawg
AG
Justin2010 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

That's why he kept CDs and other evidence.
Charpie
AG
Can you imagine how nervous some of those folks are right now?
TexAg1987
Charpie said:

What additional charges are pending if the photos of Mr. "+ [name]" were taken without consent for blackmail or insurance?
TexAgs91
AG
eric76 said:

Some various items from https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/jeffrey-epstein-court-07-08-19/index.html:
Quote:

Barr has recused himself? Ok yeah.... this will all just go away
Hey Nav
AG
Quote:

And Ken Starr helping this perv Epstein. What a scumbag.
HTownAg98
Even repulsive people like Epstein deserve a competent defense. Bang on Starr because he was associated with Baylol all you want though.
Pelayo
AG
Charpie said:

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FTAG 2000
AG
Seeing the media already trying to play up the ties to Trump.

With Daughter Comey on the prosecution team, this already is starting to smell.
Rapier108
AG 2000' said:

Seeing the media already trying to play up the ties to Trump.

With Daughter Comey on the prosecution team, this already is starting to smell.
Be prepared to be told you have no clue what you're talking about.

It is all on the up and up. The SDNY and Comey Jr. would never do anything illegal or unethical in order to get Trump.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
snowdog90
HTownAg98 said:

Even repulsive people like Epstein deserve a competent defense. Bang on Starr because he was associated with Baylol all you want though.

Wrong. Epstein deserves to be slowly burned to death. Just like many other scumbag pedophiles.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Dahmer got broomsticked in prison, was he not in solitary?
Believe me no tears were shed typing this.
Rapier108
snowdog90 said:

HTownAg98 said:

Wrong. Epstein deserves to be slowly burned to death. Just like many other scumbag pedophiles.
He does, after a fair trial.

We don't deny American citizens their right to a fair trial and competent defense regardless of the crimes they may have committed.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
G Martin 87
AG
aggiehawg said:

Justin2010 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

That's why he kept CDs and other evidence.
Which is also why the MSM has been preemptively warning Americans that "deep fake videos" are a thing.
Science Denier
AG
How many robberies end up with 3 gunshots to the back of the head and nothing stolen before this thing is over?

Over/under at 6...
Bobcat06
AG
If Barr is recused, who is senior DAG handling this case?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.