Safe space to critique the q worshippers

195,525 Views | 1854 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by hbtheduce
Charpie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Go back to the q thread to defend anything.
Duckhook
AG
Complete Idiot said:

So poking around a bit more on the history of this odd group and I see that they predicted this "DECLAS" event back in the summer of 2019 and also predicted John F Kennedy would re-emerge on July 4th 2019. So this tells me that no matter what they predict, when it doesn't come true they just pivot to different dates or odd predictions - and therefore you can't stop their beliefs even when proven wrong. So what do we do to solve this QAnon societal problem?

And, the argument is that what comes true is true, but what doesn't come true is deliberate mis-direction.

A win/win scenario for the believers.
Beau Holder
AG
HarryJ33tamu said:

Beau Holder said:

rvat_ag1618 said:

E.KingTrill said:

Bluered1775 said:

Are....are the posters in the Q thread serious? We all went to the same school?

Unfortunately

These people are our neighbors, friends, family, doctors, lawyers, pastors, teachers, bankers and intertwined at every level of our lives, often without us know. It's terrifying.

They're also the people who broke into the Capitol.

Oops.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/john-sullivan-capitol-attack-leftwing-antifa-1561898%3famp=1

Guessing you didn't see what Ashli Babbitt spent all her time posting and retweeting for literal years up until she willingly vaulted through a broken window in the Capitol toward an armed guard.
Complete Idiot
Beau Holder said:

HarryJ33tamu said:

Beau Holder said:

rvat_ag1618 said:

E.KingTrill said:

Bluered1775 said:

Are....are the posters in the Q thread serious? We all went to the same school?

Unfortunately

These people are our neighbors, friends, family, doctors, lawyers, pastors, teachers, bankers and intertwined at every level of our lives, often without us know. It's terrifying.

They're also the people who broke into the Capitol.

Oops.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/john-sullivan-capitol-attack-leftwing-antifa-1561898%3famp=1

Guessing you didn't see what Ashli Babbitt spent all her time posting and retweeting for literal years up until she willingly vaulted through a broken window in the Capitol toward an armed guard.

Pushed by The Hand Of Soros. Watch the grainy slow mo video!
Correction
Redstone said:

However, we need to be clear there is no "cult" because THERE IS NO LEADER
There may not be a leader, but there's a High Priest/Prophet (Q) and a Messianic figure (Trump).

If it's not a cult, it's at least cult-adjacent. It's "I Can't Believe it's Not Cult."
BMX Bandit
Quote:

My power is out in Collin County.

Here

We

GO!!!!!!!!!!!
Charpie
AG
Maybe he didn't pay his bill
Old RV Ag
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

My power is out in Collin County.

Here

We

GO!!!!!!!!!!!
Is this the leader of the CCCP of CC?
Duncan Idaho
The best summary of what they believe has happen and what they think will happen

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/kz7p2o
Beau Holder
AG
The fantasy is going to evaporate in real time again today?

Ben Sasse from the top rope: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/01/conspiracy-theories-will-doom-republican-party/617707/
BMX Bandit
What fascinating is that not only do they still think Biden may not be inaugurated and Trump uses military to stay in power, but some think this is all playing out exactly as planned.
Bluered1775
Duncan Idaho said:

The best summary of what they believe has happen and what they think will happen

YIKES. So all of this is allegedly going down in the next few days?? Obviously it isn't, but what will happen to the tinfoil wearing folks when these events don't happen? I don't think 99% of them have the mental capacity or self awareness necessary to admit that they were taken for a ride for the past 4 years.
Duckhook
AG
Bluered1775 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

YIKES. So all of this is allegedly going down in the next few days?? Obviously it isn't, but what will happen to the tinfoil wearing folks when these events don't happen? I don't think 99% of them have the mental capacity or self awareness necessary to admit that they were taken for a ride for the past 4 years.

The rationale is already pivoting, and has been for a while now, to the purpose of Q being to open our eyes. Tribunals, perp walks, mole children, time travel, JFK Jr were all just things to make us do our own research, and had no basis in reality.

I don't know how many of the Qbots will be willing to come out and say they've been duped, and that there was no grand plan.
Complete Idiot
Duckhook said:

Bluered1775 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

The rationale is already pivoting, and has been for a while now, to the purpose of Q being to open our eyes. Tribunals, perp walks, mole children, time travel, JFK Jr were all just things to make us do our own research, and had no basis in reality.

I don't know how many of the Qbots will be willing to come out and say they've been duped, and that there was no grand plan.
So when people say JFK Jr was not dead and that he'd reappear in 2019, but he didn't and still hasn't - that's supposed to make me do my own research? What, into the study of collective delusions or mass hysteria?

Actually, I have read a little about that in the past and it is fascinating. No one caught up in Q Anon should feel ashamed, it's not unusual for humans to be trapped into periods of group delusions - it tends to happen even more during times of stress. Like a pandemic and all the crazy crap we've all been through together maybe? But keep reading as much as you can, and not just from the Q Anon groups, to break out of it. If you do tend to read just sensational stuff you can fall into it - I feel the pull at times myself if I focus on something horrible or scary in too much depth without reading or thinking about other viewpoints and topics. It's spiral thoughts.

Since I am fairly new to how extreme and out there the Q Anon predictions are, and how many seem to be following along, I just had a thought earlier today - have we gone too far as a society to "just accept everyone at all times no matter the reason"? 50 years ago, when this group have been more openly criticized by others, shamed a bit I guess, and not grown so big? Or was there something similar to Q Anon in the 50's? Oh wait - cold war, the red scare and McCarthyism, and alien sightings. Its just human behavior I guess.
TwelveA
Most of the rightwing live in an alternate reality & believe in multiple crackpot conspiracy theories.

Still, even by the delusional rightwing's standards, the Qanoners stand out for their disconnect from reality and their obsession.
BMX Bandit
No one knew child molestors existed before Q revealed that
Complete Idiot
TwelveA said:

Most of the rightwing live in an alternate reality & believe in multiple crackpot conspiracy theories.

Still, even by the delusional rightwing's standards, the Qanoners stand out for their disconnect from reality and their obsession.
Oh, so it's just the right wing? No, thats not correct - it happens to extremists in general. Any political party, any religion - if you are an extremist, you are much more likely to subscribe to conspiracy theories.

https://psycnet.apa.org/record/2015-25177-012
30wedge
Duckhook said:

Bluered1775 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

The Qbots bought into Q like the folks in Jonestown bought into Jim Jones. Except for the grape Flavor Aid.
Actual Talking Thermos
BMX Bandit said:

No one knew child molestors existed before Q revealed that
It works the other way around too, if you don't believe in Q then you are someone who denies the existence of child molestors.
Bluered1775
Big week for our Q Anon buddies.
HarryJ33tamu
TwelveA said:

Like 3 years of Russia Russia Russia???
unmade bed
I would just encourage all of you to take it easy on them the next few days. It's going to be a very difficult time. They are still believing that the NG is in DC to arrest bad actors and pedos in the Federal Govt.

I'm not sure how it's possible to become so detached from reality, but I know it's going to be quite a shock for many of them when Biden is president Thursday morning.

One thing I will and have credited the Q folk with is they are incredible at dismissing events that shatter their narrative and moving on to the next rabbit hole, so I think some of them will manage to keep it up and convince themselves it's all part of the plan.

Will be interesting to see if Jim and Ron Watkins keep it up into the new Administration and if not what kinds of spin offs there are.
Old RV Ag
AG
unmade bed said:

I would just encourage all of you to take it easy on them the next few days. It's going to be a very difficult time. They are still believing that the NG is in DC to arrest bad actors and pedos in the Federal Govt.

I'm not sure how it's possible to become so detached from reality, but I know it's going to be quite a shock for many of them when Biden is president Thursday morning.

One thing I will and have credited the Q folk with is they are incredible at dismissing events that shatter their narrative and moving on to the next rabbit hole, so I think some of them will manage to keep it up and convince themselves it's all part of the plan.

Will be interesting to see if Jim and Ron Watkins keep it up into the new Administration and if not what kinds of spin offs there are.
You're no fun. Already got the grape juice ready for all of them.
Old McDonald
this whole thing is mystifying to me and no longer funny, it's gotten to be sad

not sure what i expected going in there and suggesting the NG troops in DC are there for security as a result of/following the events of 1/6, but it was still disappointing to see the suggestion get dismissed as nonsense

maybe unmade bed is right, as fun as it was to rib these people, maybe it's pity we should be feeling for them instead of derision. they're truly lost.
Actual Talking Thermos
Complete Idiot said:

Duckhook said:

Bluered1775 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

So when people say JFK Jr was not dead and that he'd reappear in 2019, but he didn't and still hasn't - that's supposed to make me do my own research? What, into the study of collective delusions or mass hysteria?

Actually, I have read a little about that in the past and it is fascinating. No one caught up in Q Anon should feel ashamed, it's not unusual for humans to be trapped into periods of group delusions - it tends to happen even more during times of stress. Like a pandemic and all the crazy crap we've all been through together maybe? But keep reading as much as you can, and not just from the Q Anon groups, to break out of it. If you do tend to read just sensational stuff you can fall into it - I feel the pull at times myself if I focus on something horrible or scary in too much depth without reading or thinking about other viewpoints and topics. It's spiral thoughts.

Since I am fairly new to how extreme and out there the Q Anon predictions are, and how many seem to be following along, I just had a thought earlier today - have we gone too far as a society to "just accept everyone at all times no matter the reason"? 50 years ago, when this group have been more openly criticized by others, shamed a bit I guess, and not grown so big? Or was there something similar to Q Anon in the 50's? Oh wait - cold war, the red scare and McCarthyism, and alien sightings. Its just human behavior I guess.

For the more recent and on-point example, look at the Satanic Panic in the 80's. Honestly this hasn't even gone quite that far in terms of mainstream acceptance. I don't know if you'd call this a sequel or just a flare-up of something that never fully went away.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Quote:

In one of Parkes's previous updates, he mentioned a scenario where a deepfake is played of Roberts administering the Oath of Office to Biden offsite then Biden driving to the White House to be arrested by the military since the Oath wasn't real.
Ulrich
I don't think anything your post says is objectionable in itself, but be careful. Among the things you should be feeling is "there but for the grace of god go I". Some people are more credulous than others, but we're all prone to seeing patterns in the noise, and the more we reinforce those patterns the harder they are to unsee.

Put another way, pity shouldn't turn into dehumanization. You're the same kind of critter as them.
Actual Talking Thermos
GMaster0
I waver between amused and slightly terrified with this Q nonsense. Have a good friend who is way down the rabbit hole. The other day he posted on FB how he is ready to join all the patriots in protest. His mother, who has a heart of gold, countered that he's shouldn't try and overthrow the government and he needed to come over to have some fresh baked pie. It would make him feel better. I was smiling deep inside.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Q reminds me of this south park episode.

I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
BMX Bandit
Quote:

Im sorry, why is everyone NOW giving up? Is today inauguration day? Do you people really think white hats are going to give us(the public) hints of what they are planning? Seriously? I said I'd give Q till Biden is sworn in, and by golly thats what I am going to do. Not give up because a whole bunch of randos on twitter are saying its over, yada yada yada. My goodness. I didnt waste 2 years of my life only to give up the day before everything might happen.
spoiler alert....
Tex117
AG
Old McDonald said:

this whole thing is mystifying to me and no longer funny, it's gotten to be sad

not sure what i expected going in there and suggesting the NG troops in DC are there for security as a result of/following the events of 1/6, but it was still disappointing to see the suggestion get dismissed as nonsense

maybe unmade bed is right, as fun as it was to rib these people, maybe it's pity we should be feeling for them instead of derision. they're truly lost.
It really must suck to truly believe that when you step out your front door, all these terrible things like our country being lost, stolen elections, pedos in the federal government occur. Then, you throw your life away to try and combat that, but you can't not believe it now...you just threw your life away.

I just feel sad for these folks up and down the line.
Correction
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Im sorry, why is everyone NOW giving up? Is today inauguration day? Do you people really think white hats are going to give us(the public) hints of what they are planning? Seriously? I said I'd give Q till Biden is sworn in, and by golly thats what I am going to do. Not give up because a whole bunch of randos on twitter are saying its over, yada yada yada. My goodness. I didnt waste 2 years of my life only to give up the day before everything might happen.
spoiler alert....

Duncan Idaho
I feel bad for their families (particularly their children that they threatened kill) but I will bask in the Schadenfreude I will experience tommorow afternoon.

Correction
Now literally looking for code words in his FAREWELL SPEECH for reassurance that he's not going anywhere.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.