Safe space to critique the q worshippers

195,656 Views | 1854 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by hbtheduce
E.KingTrill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bluered1775 said:

Are....are the posters in the Q thread serious? We all went to the same school?

Unfortunately
BMX Bandit
Quote:

So as of about 30 mins ago? and now Pompeo is speaking? This sounds like the 25th amendment has been invoked. F Pence. GD traitor.
SpartanAg1618
AG
E.KingTrill said:

Bluered1775 said:

Unfortunately

These people are our neighbors, friends, family, doctors, lawyers, pastors, teachers, bankers and intertwined at every level of our lives, often without us know. It's terrifying.
Beau Holder
AG
rvat_ag1618 said:

E.KingTrill said:

Bluered1775 said:

Unfortunately

These people are our neighbors, friends, family, doctors, lawyers, pastors, teachers, bankers and intertwined at every level of our lives, often without us know. It's terrifying.

They're also the people who broke into the Capitol.
Bluered1775
Beau Holder said:

rvat_ag1618 said:

E.KingTrill said:

Bluered1775 said:

Unfortunately

I was laughing first at the ridiculousness of each post. Then the laughter turned into sadness because they really believe it. Like they REALLY think they're "in the know."
The Kraken
AG
I see some friends of friends on Facebook are convinced that martial law is about to be enacted.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
SpartanAg1618
AG
New World Ag said:

I see some friends of friends on Facebook are convinced that martial law is about to be enacted.

Don't worry, my in-laws have already filled every bathtub, pot and pan in the house in preparation.
Charpie
AG
Reality is starting to set in y'all
Actual Talking Thermos
Charpie said:

The scary part is it's not, really. They're starting to understand that Trump staying in power isn't real, but instead of that leading them to question the rest of it they're still totally convinced about the whole secret pedo cabal and everything. They're just starting to talk about having to take matters into their own hands because Donnie couldn't get it done. This is gonna drive some people to do some crazy stuff. There are people who have put waaaay too many eggs in this basket to just accept that they've been played now.
Correction
Charpie said:

It's a mixed bag.

Some are reaching the bargaining stage of "maybe the plan never called for Trump getting a 2nd term."

But the faithful are talking about Trump's flair for showmanship and how he's probably waiting all the way up to inauguration day to take down the entire Deep State all at once on a grand stage.
Duckhook
AG
I imagine the next excuse is going to be that Trump was right on the verge of getting everything done, whatever that is. Needed 4 more years. Extent of Dem election fraud was not anticipated.
unmade bed
I'm hoping whoever has been conducting that psyop comes clean at some point. That's the only way some of those people will ever let go. They have way too much invested now to just give up.
Counterpoint
AG
unmade bed said:

I'm hoping whoever has been conducting that psyop comes clean at some point. That's the only way some of those people will ever let go. They have way too much invested now to just give up.

I don't think they'd believe it even if THAT happened.
Post removed:
by user
TelcoAg
AG

Quote:

What do you think the goal of Q is dragging things to this level?
There is no Q. A series of joke threads made in the dankest meme hole of the internet made it's way to the fringes of the mainstream. ****posters decide to troll the lurkers for keks and when the lurkers decided to try and be new***s the chantards rolled them with red pill lulz and it all eventually became second hand 8chan. Eventually it took on a life of it's own and as they say, has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like

Some dudes started some conspiracy theories as a joke. A fandom came along with it and they started pushing youtube content. Eventually a network of Q researchers grew, the Q group ate it's own, and now it's a bunch of different people profiting off the gullibility of the same jackwads that demanded Greg Abbott keep a close eye on Jade Helm.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Those Q guys make people who track planes during coaching searches look elementary.
Correction
Counterpoint said:

unmade bed said:

I don't think they'd believe it even if THAT happened.
There's been a lot of research done on the durability of conspiracy theories. For a certain % of the population, once a theory takes root, there is almost no way of extinguishing it.

This corresponds with research about the personality types most receptive to conspiratorial thinking. Two of the most ubiquitous are (i) having low levels of social trust/engagement and being highly suspicious of others, and (ii) borderline schizotypal tendencies such as seeing patterns where none exist or finding profundity in commonplace or non-sensical statements.

If you're a person wired that way, a deeply-held conspiracy theory provides both a social connection/sense of belonging and rewards the parts of your brain that seeks out hidden meanings. You don't give those up lightly.
el_guapo
I wonder if this whole Q phenomenon is George Soros funded mis-information. Or possibly Chinese. I can't think of the motivation other than just to cause confusion.
BMX Bandit
apparently its a recruiting tool now.

Quote:

Quote:

What if Q is a just list of possible scenarios or goals with specific time stamps? What if the purpose of Q wasn't for the public to understand what's happening, but rather a communication system/decoder for members? The potential members is unknown.

Kinda like a Turing machine/ Enigma code type thing.

This is what I think it is primarily. I'd like to think there is some mechanism that identifies and recruits those who are loyal.

BMX Bandit
Obama & the Pope are about to be arrested. Probably. Maybe. This is it!!
Post removed:
by user
Charpie
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Correction
BMX Bandit said:

It's all going down Sunday, or maybe Monday, though could be waiting until Wednesday. But soon!
GMaster0
This Q stuff just seems so dangerous at this point. I want to go back to fun conspiracy theories, like "bigfoot lives with elvis in a trailer."
Complete Idiot
Hey, just discovered this thread. Have never really come to the Politics board because I find it vile and over the top, both ways, but trying to share some thoughts here the past fews days. On Political and societal matters, which I take very seriously at this point - it's a dangerous time.

However, I also found the QAnon thread. Holy ***** It's real and 46,000 posts long, only read the last couple of pages and someone said "the pope will be arrested, but quietly" - the quietly part killed me. I went from horrified to laughing to horrified multiple times.

But I know realize these people must be everywhere? Texags graduates even, openly believing on texags.com? I had no earthly idea it had reached this point and as funny as it may be, it's a real problem. A bit scary.

And the first post in this thread says the someone was banned for criticizing the QAnon believers posts? Wow.

The fact this thread exists at least restores some faith - but it's not just a couple hundreds wackos like the Westboro church, there seem to be millions across the nation. Unbelievable, my head was in the sand.
Redstone
AG
I've had fun on this thread, and this is a good place to lol and blow off steam. That's fine obviously.

However, we need to be clear there is no "cult" because THERE IS NO LEADER

The whole point of the Q whatever you call it is to research. ALL the "big accounts" (now on Gab almost exclusively) have said this constantly.

So, have fun, make fun, but this thing is as disorganized and Very Online as it gets

Let us have clarity.
BoerneAg11
AG
Redstone said:

I've had fun on this thread, and this is a good place to lol and blow off steam. That's fine obviously.

The whole point of the Q whatever you call it is to research. ALL the "big accounts" (now on Gab almost exclusively) have said this constantly.

So, have fun, make fun, but this thing is as disorganized and Very Online as it gets

Let us have clarity.

Yeah it's not so much a cult as just the group of kids at recess who are sitting around eating glue
Old RV Ag
AG
Redstone said:

Let us have clarity.

Complete Idiot
So poking around a bit more on the history of this odd group and I see that they predicted this "DECLAS" event back in the summer of 2019 and also predicted John F Kennedy would re-emerge on July 4th 2019. So this tells me that no matter what they predict, when it doesn't come true they just pivot to different dates or odd predictions - and therefore you can't stop their beliefs even when proven wrong. So what do we do to solve this QAnon societal problem?
Ervin Burrell
AG
Cannot wait to see how these dipsh/ts pivot after Biden is sworn in.
John Francis Donaghy
Allowing the Q thread to exist unchallenged for so long has done more damage to the level of discourse on this board than probably anything else in the history of Texags. Q nonsense has steadily creeped into every aspect of discussion on the board to the point where the battle lines are not even liberal vs. Conservative anymore. It's Liberal vs. LaLa Land, and anyone who doesn't accept the tenents of LaLa Land as undeniable fact is a RINO Swamp Sheep.
Complete Idiot
John Francis Donaghy said:

Allowing the Q thread to exist unchallenged for so long has done more damage to the level of discourse on this board than probably anything else in the history of Texags. Q nonsense has steadily creeped into every aspect of discussion on the board to the point where the battle lines are not even liberal vs. Conservative anymore. It's Liberal vs. LaLa Land, and anyone who doesn't accept the tenents of LaLa Land as undeniable fact is a RINO Swamp Sheep.
I don't have history on this board to comment but I certainly see many signs, in many threads on the front page, of the influence of the posters with these Q beliefs. Certainly not something the average person would want to engage with so I could imagine many have tuned out or moved on. Doing that allows the spread. Banning them from platforms also allows the spread as it feeds in to their beliefs ("see, the deep staters know we are close and are trying to shut us down"). So, I don't know what stops this. Traditionally, it would be the collective common sense of society and the shaming or humilating of those with the extreme beliefs. So the fact QAnon exists and has spread to so many people so quickly seems indicative of a societal rot.
Ulrich
I don't think the internet has been healthy for conspiracy theorists, and I think what we're finding is that a lot more people are potential conspiracy theorists than we knew.

It's really easy for our pattern seeking brains to fall in a hole that's impossible to dig out of, and the internet is a series of holes.

The internet, social media, and polarization of old media has made it very easy for thought bubbles to develop. Conspiracies and extremism thrive in the isolation of a thought bubble. The "side" that feels excluded and marginalized is going to look a lot harder for reasons (patterns) than the winning team, so their bad ideas are going to be crazier. The sense of isolation enflames our paranoia, heightens our awareness, makes us start seeing signal in the noise.

Some ethnic minorities think anything bad happening must mean that 99% of conservatives are virulent racists. Some political minorities think Soros and Clinton eat babies. There is an affinity to how those ideas remain in existence.
Ulrich
Also, I suspect that someone was banned for being a jerk, not for simply criticizing posts. Staff, in my perception, tries really hard not to censor ideas from any side.
HarryJ33tamu
Beau Holder said:

rvat_ag1618 said:

E.KingTrill said:

Bluered1775 said:

Unfortunately

Oops.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/john-sullivan-capitol-attack-leftwing-antifa-1561898%3famp=1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.