Braves Thread

150,307 Views | 2213 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by Aggie1205
PermianBasinAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Up 2-0 after 4. Ozzie hit a 2 run homer (right on right) after a Harris single.

Schwellenbach has been brilliant so far. Only one base runner allowed on the weirdest infield hit I've ever seen. It started about 8 feet foul but had this wicked spin that brought it fair and he barely beat the throw.
Aggie1205
AG
Laureano hit a solo shot to make it 3-0.
aggiebird02
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Snitker left Schwellenbach in one batter too long, and Jiminez came in throwing batting practice. Now Iglesias has to come in with 2 on, no out, and a 1 run lead in the 8th. Not ideal.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Guess we've gotta burn Chris Sale in game 2 now.
78669AG
PermianBasinAggie said:

Snitker left Schwellenbach in one batter too long, and Jiminez came in throwing batting practice. Now Iglesias has to come in with 2 on, no out, and a 1 run lead in the 8th. Not ideal.

Bullpen let us down
If you can't handle the stress, log off until August. If you can handle the stress, be supportive and donate to United. No more buildings and concrete. Gotta channel funds to the collective for now.
Aggie1205
AG
Ozzie! Braves back up 7-6.
clinte234
AG
Albies!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 run double! Braves back ahead, Bottom 8!
Aggie1205
AG
Crazy 8th inning. Hope it's a calm 9th.
Aggie1205
AG
Johnson in to try to close it out.
Aggie1205
AG
Baseball
LouisHerbertWong
AG
LOL at these bullpens.
clinte234
AG
Good grief! Epic meltdowns by both pens. Hope it continues in the bottom of the 9th!
Propane & Accessories
AG
I'll be honest this has been a great game, I am surprised the Mets are keeping Diaz in...
Propane & Accessories
AG
PLAYOFF BOUND WOOOOOO Let's Go Mets!!!!!!!!!

I really hope ya'll win game two, helluva game and I hope we get a postseason series
Propane & Accessories
AG
Sale is not starting for ya'll back Spasams Holmes will take the mound, Mets will have Joey Luchessi has a 10.38 ERA this year in majors and 4.31 in AAA
Aggie1205
AG
1-0 Braves going to the bottom of the 3rd. Really need to put up like a 10 spot to feel good since this will basically be a bullpen day where we already threw our better arms. If we do win and Sale can't go then game 1 could be rough too.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Mets are basically trying to lose and somehow it's still 1-0. Ugh
94chem
PermianBasinAggie said:

Mets are basically trying to lose and somehow it's still 1-0. Ugh

Did the Mets agree to not try in game 2 so the Braves could save Sale? If so, it would be such karma for AZ after laying down for HOU last season.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Aggie1205
AG
I think Sale really is hurt.

Braves win to clinch a spot.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
A win is a win. Hopefully Sale can pitch tomorrow.

I wonder if this was a mlb first. Double header where both teams end up celebrating their playoff berth on the same field. Gotta be.
94chem
Aggie1205 said:

I think Sale really is hurt.

Braves win to clinch a spot.

Yeah, I saw that his velocity was down 3 mph.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
aggiebird02
WooHoo!
Propane & Accessories
AG
I think this worked out well for both our teams, we clinched first and got to rest our Ace, hopefully Sale will be able to pitch against the Padres. I'm rooting for us both to make the NLCS and hopefully make the first game of the DH into a 7 game series.
clinte234
AG

Aggie1205
AG
So either a guy from the minors or a bullpen game right after a bullpen game that was part of a double header.

My guess is either Elder or Chavez.
toucan82
Damn, that sucks
clinte234
AG
On a positive note…the Braves are playing in October! There have been so many teams the last few years that limp into the playoffs, and then go on a tear…here's to it being Atlanta this go around!
Nitro Power
AG
Propane & Accessories said:

PLAYOFF BOUND WOOOOOO Let's Go Mets!!!!!!!!!

I really hope ya'll win game two, helluva game and I hope we get a postseason series

I thought I was the only Mets fan on here
Nitro Power
AG
Propane & Accessories said:

I think this worked out well for both our teams, we clinched first and got to rest our Ace, hopefully Sale will be able to pitch against the Padres. I'm rooting for us both to make the NLCS and hopefully make the first game of the DH into a 7 game series.

Agree with this 100%...I don't like the Braves because of years of torcher... but I respect them because they play the game the right way... Let's settle this in 7 shall we?
Propane & Accessories
AG
Agree and in truth I prefer them to the Dodgers or the Phillies. Yet I will say the Braves build their teams from the ground up with the farm
The Anchor
AG
Respectfully, take it to the No One Cares About the Mets board
PermianBasinAggie
AG
My first World Series memory was Mets over the Red Sox, and i was rooting for the Mets. I continued to like the Mets for a while after that. The Braves were in the NL West and the Mets were in the east, so there was no direct conflict until realignment in the mid 90s. By the late 90s/early 2000s, I despised the Mets as that was the height of the rivalry. These days, I'm fairly indifferent towards the Mets. They haven't been a huge threat for a while, and it's hard for me to really hate professional sports teams anymore. I do dislike the Phillies and Dodgers... they're probably the only 2 teams that I would be specifically rooting against if they make the WS.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
AJ Smith-Shawver on the bump tonight. Let's go!
Aggie1205
AG
The Anchor said:

Respectfully, take it to the No One Cares About the Mets board

I say let the Mets fans stay. We don't have to be like the Astro and Ranger fans and cry to the mods if a fan of the other team even dares post on their thread!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.