****Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread***

207,661 Views | 2475 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jr15aggie
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Better pick defensive line with two of the next three picks.

They might. Some very good DE and DT on the board. There will be at least one really good one when or next pick comes.
TheCougarHunter
AG
quote:
quote:

Unless Hackenberg is available right?

Not gonna happen. They have to go defensive line now.
jr15aggie
AG
Roll call... Who's still stroking it to Zeke highlights... Just me... TMI?
Post removed:
by user
ramblin_ag02
AG
We drafted defense with the top 3 picks last year and went 4-12. Time to draft offense, offense, offense this year

-jerry logic

Dear goodness I hope Jerry doesn't try to turn this into another "theme" draft
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BassCowboy33
quote:
quote:
quote:

Unless Hackenberg is available right?

Not gonna happen. They have to go defensive line now.

Drafting Hackenberg in any round is bad pick.
RedlineAg08
Theyre dumbasses. Im sure it was Jerry's pick and Stephen and Garrett are ****ing pulling their hair out
BassCowboy33
quote:
If they take Hackenberg with any pick or spend more than $3.50 to sign him as a UFA, I'm going to drive down the street and burn down the Star.

Agreed.
Southlake
Nobody is gushing about Zeke but you. He played with the one of the best teams with the best o lines in a mediocre conference and he's a player we didn't need. Press on.

jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Every reputable source is giving the Cowboys a D for their pick. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Thanks Jerry for ignoring the needs of the team again.

Same thing when we drafted Frederick. They know nothing and can kiss my arse.
Post removed:
by user
DannyDuberstein
AG
the past 20 years has led to you giving Jerry the benefit of the doubt?
BassCowboy33
quote:

Somewhere, Jason Garrett is in a corner crying...or breaking things with his robot arms.
BassCowboy33
I'm having to calm myself by watching Caps-Penguins. Watching the draft right now just hurts way too much.
RedlineAg08
That spreads the field out and stretches the defense. With more talent than any of their competition.
Street_Cred_Norm
Does anyone here have an unbiased opinion on drafting Treyvone Boykin in the 4th or with a compensatory pick?
JAggie2007
AG
I don't think anyone doubts Zeke can dominate behind this line, but they had the #1 guy on their board, at a need position mind you, and they passed him up for the sexy pick. The only solice I have is as a Cowboys fan living in Houston I can at least appreciate Ramsey going against the Texans twice a year.
PooDoo
AG
quote:
quote:

Somewhere, Jason Garrett is in a corner crying...or breaking things with his robot arms.
How many more losing seasons can Garrett survive? He's got to win. He's got to have Romo. Elliott at RB protects Romo better than any other player available.
TheCougarHunter
AG
quote:
Nobody is gushing about Zeke but you. He played with the one of the best teams with the best o lines in a mediocre conference and he's a player we didn't need. Press on.

Pretty sure he torched Bama in the title game and they certainly aren't a mediocre defense.
birdman
Is there any thought of Zeke playing both ways? Probably too small for defensive line, but he'd make a good linebacker. That would help make sense of the pick.

Or perhaps Jerry has a warehouse of half-shirts that he wants to sell. Zeke's outfit wasn't a garish mistake, it was marketing wizardry. That would also make sense of the pick.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

Pretty sure he torched Bama in the title game and they certainly aren't a mediocre defense.

Boom!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Im still getting stirred up over signing the Butler for no apparent reason now.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I don't think anyone doubts Zeke can dominate behind this line, but they had the #1 guy on their board, at a need position mind you, and they passed him up for the sexy pick.

Look... Disagree with me if you want... But Zeke was obviously the #1 player on their board! They didn't have Ramsey #1 and picked Zeke instead. Dallas as an organization had Zeke #1 and they took him.

Time will tell. But as of right now, there are many people that question Ramsey so let's not pretend he was a guaranteed Patrick Peterson.

But I'll give you this... No doubt there were at least a couple guys in that draft room that wanted Ramsey. But it wasn't enough.
JAggie2007
AG
In the 20's now and only one team needs a QB. Thoughts on Dallas trading up to get Lynch or maybe seeing if he and/or Jack fall to them?
DannyDuberstein
AG
What will dominating behind this line and being marginally better than the alternatives already on the roster get them in the big picture, while the D remains a seive. That is the real question. Followed by how long will it take to use him up and throw him away.
Reginald Cousins
S
quote:
In the 20's now and only one team needs a QB. Thoughts on Dallas trading up to get Lynch or maybe seeing if he and/or Jack fall to them?

Reportedly them and Cleveland want Lynch if falls far enough.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I dont think theres any tangible proof yet Stephen Jones is better for this organization than his old man.
BassCowboy33
quote:
Does anyone here have an unbiased opinion on drafting Treyvone Boykin in the 4th or with a compensatory pick?

Most view Boykin as a 7th or UFA.
PooDoo
AG
I'd really like to see the Patriots trade into the 1st and write F.U. on the card they hand the commissioner.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Not sure how much comtrol he has in the real decisions. But the best case scenario is that he's unable to make a compelling enough case to keep his old man from doing stupid ****. Which isn't good.
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Boom!

With a pass/run spread offense that included a QB who was a running threat. Let's see how he does in tight spaces. I personally don't believe in drafting runningbacks that high.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah,that running game is a different animal than what Dallas will ask him to do. I think he'll be a good back. I just don't think he's an 8 year difference-maker, which is what you need at 4.
Ag Natural
AG
quote:
It's just tough to look at this league over the last 15 years and think that a marginally improved running game from what they had is going to make any meaningful difference. Not with that seive they have on the other side of the ball. I guess you just hope to play keepaway.

They took Zeke because he can help all elements of the offense. This has the makings of a very dominant unit. Those saying they already ran the ball well last year weren't paying attention. Teams never even loaded the box on the cowboys. They took away the deep stuff and strangled them into 4 yards a plays. Zeke will scare them and a healthy Romo will torture them.
Ag Natural
AG
A lot of people are gushing about Zeke. Several experts had him number one overall including Broadus and Gruden.
jr15aggie
AG
So much win still on the board for our 2nd pick. This draft turning out well for us.

Lynch still on the board is intriguing... But more than likely we get a stud Dline but tomorrow!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.