****Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread***

206,629 Views | 2475 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jr15aggie
BassCowboy33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You can find 1200-1400 rushers in Rds 2-4. It'll be infinitely harder to do the same at defensive positions.
jr15aggie
AG
Ok guys, call your shot!

My opinion has not changed. This team needs a RB more than some think. #4 isn't too early for a guy that will touch the ball 25 times a game. Not gonna bash other prospects, but none of them will have the instant impact that this player will have on this team. Our offense was out of synch even with Romo last year... We need a threat out of the backfield to really make it click and none of the RBs last year threatened the other team.

My mind is made up... Team Zeke!
TheCougarHunter
AG
quote:
Ok guys, call your shot!

My opinion has not changed. This team needs a RB more than some think. #4 isn't too early for a guy that will touch the ball 25 times a game. Not gonna bash other prospects, but none of them will have the instant impact that this player will have on this team. Our offense was out of synch even with Romo last year... We need a threat out of the backfield to really make it click and none of the RBs last year threatened the other team.

My mind is made up... Team Zeke!

This
jr15aggie
AG
PS: I'm wearing my good luck Cowboys shirt with my Aikman Jersey over that... Whoever we get is gonna be the right pick.

COWBOYS!!!
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
If Ramsey is available, you take Ramsey and not think twice. You don't take a RB when you can get a solid one in the middle rounds
BassCowboy33
Pick the guy who will start right away and won't split time. #Ramsey
TheCougarHunter
AG
quote:
quote:
To all thoset who think it's Ramsey, they drafted a cb first round last year so why would they do it again?

It has to do with long term value. Ramsey will theoretically be a better long term player for this franchise. Ramsey can play corner, safety, and come into the box as an extra linebacker. He's a great pass rushing corner. Sturm compares him to Troy Polasianname from Pittsburgh. He's the guy that Dallas wanted when they drafted Roy Williams. He has an ability to just destroy WRs.

Elliott will be playing for another team in five years at a position that's far easier to fill and isn't as big of a need.

A pass rushing corner? How bout a corner that can cover people? Ramsey is too heavy on his feet. He may be a good linebacker-safety hybrid but you can't spend a 4th round pick on a situational guy who will only play on certain packages.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Im fine with Elliot or Ramsey .
BassCowboy33
quote:
quote:
quote:
To all thoset who think it's Ramsey, they drafted a cb first round last year so why would they do it again?

It has to do with long term value. Ramsey will theoretically be a better long term player for this franchise. Ramsey can play corner, safety, and come into the box as an extra linebacker. He's a great pass rushing corner. Sturm compares him to Troy Polasianname from Pittsburgh. He's the guy that Dallas wanted when they drafted Roy Williams. He has an ability to just destroy WRs.

Elliott will be playing for another team in five years at a position that's far easier to fill and isn't as big of a need.

A pass rushing corner? How bout a corner that can cover people? Ramsey is too heavy on his feet. He may be a good linebacker-safety hybrid but you can't spend a 4th round pick on a situational guy who will only play on certain packages.

He's the best cover corner and athlete in the draft. Only allowed a completion percentage of 38.5%. That's crazy low.
jr15aggie
AG
I'll clap and smile of its Ramsey... And this time tomorrow I'll be talking Deion the 2nd. But right now he has doubters.

The guy that has zero doubters is Zeke. Nobody questions he is the complete back and is head and shoulders better than every other back.

I'm so hyped either way!
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Im fine with Elliot or Ramsey .

Yup. I don't think we will be disappointed. Prepare for glory!

At the end of the day this team wasn't gonna draft a QB, so this draft couldn't have set up any better for us.
Kashchei
AG
Chris Berman is brual to listen to. Mel Kiper comes off like a snake oil salesman. Gruden's macho shtick is old. And I keep forgetting who the black guy is.

No wonder I hardly watch ESPN anymore.
BassCowboy33
You guys see what Elliott is wearing?
BassCowboy33
Here...we...go...
jr15aggie
AG
Fyi cowboys.com is running their draft coverage all night (war room cam with commentary by Broadus and Co.)

Its usually really good to have going on the side.
duck79
AG
So Tunsil just posted a video of himself hitting a bong??? Wow
BassCowboy33
quote:
Fyi cowboys.com is running their draft coverage all night (war room cam with commentary by Broadus and Co.)

Its usually really good to have going on the side.

I'll add that The Ticket does a great job as well. They'll usually announce the pick a full 3-5 minutes before TV does. Great insiders.
BassCowboy33
quote:
So Tunsil just posted a video of himself hitting a bong??? Wow

There's some speculation on whether or not that's real.
BassCowboy33
RB coach is in the War Room. People seem to think that means RB.
duck79
AG
I guess we will find out if he starts dropping.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
RB coach is in the War Room. People seem to think that means RB.

Team Zeke represent!
jr15aggie
AG
And now the real draft begins
PatAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I have seen nothing about his highlights, or articles, to indicate your take on him is accurate.
BassCowboy33
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I have seen nothing about his highlights, or articles, to indicate your take on him is accurate.

Yeah, I'm not sure where the "heavy on the feet" comment comes from. Dude flies all over the field. I've been wrong before, though.
RedlineAg08
A linebacker/safety hybrid? He's a prototype corner or FS build.
BassCowboy33
Rumor is Bosa to SD.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Rumor is Bosa to SD.

Oh snap
TyHolden
AG
Jerrah hitting scotch now
BassCowboy33
The best player in the draft is there. Must. Take.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Well, it's not Bosa!
BassCowboy33
Rumor is Dallas takes Ramsey
BassCowboy33
Now seeing it's Elliott. Who the hell knows?
BassCowboy33
It's Elliott
RedlineAg08
Let it be Ramsey!!!
BassCowboy33
Ticket is in full meltdown. You'd think that their dog died.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.