****Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread***

207,010 Views | 2475 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jr15aggie
corleoneAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think CLE liked Goff; Wentz could still be in play at 4.

Goff
Ramsey or Wentz
Tunsil or Ramsey
Wentz, Tunsil, Bosa, Jack, Elliot
BassCowboy33
CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP
Kashchei
AG
Cleveland can **** off. They've ruined enough quarterbacks already.

If Jerruh thinks either Goff or Wentz is the future then he needs to trade up.
corleoneAg99
AG
Wentz now being reported as target for LA.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I'm thinking Ramsey or a trade down (if one of those QBs is still available).
corleoneAg99
AG
So now it could look like:

Wentz
Goff
Ramsey or Tunsil
Ramsey or Tunsil or Bosa, or Jack or Elliot

or

Wentz
Ramsey/Bosa/Buckner/Jack
Ramsey/Bosa/Buckner/Jack/Tunsil
Goff/Bosa/Buckner/Tunsil/Elliot

I'm going to say the chalk for the top 3 is:

Wentz
Goff
Ramsey

So that leaves Tunsil and Jack and Elliot as probably the highest guys on their board. Bosa pretty close. And now real incentive for teams to trade to 4.
Ryan34
AG
San Diego has to take Tunsil if he's there, right? Their OL is awful. Unless I'm forgetting a move in free agency they made.
RedlineAg08
COME ON DOWN JOEY BOSA!!

Amazing News!

1. Bosa / Ramsey
2. Karl Joseph / Nkemdiche / Robinson / Ifedi??
3. Sua Cravens / QB
4. Some developmental QB that may or may not work out

corleoneAg99
AG
I think Tunsil is the natural pick for SD if QB's go 1 and 2 and or CLE takes Ramsey; it just depends who is on top of their board.

There is recent trend data from drafts that top 5-10 tackles aren't the safe or valuable picks they were once perceived to be.

I'd personally rather have Ramsey than Tunsil but SD has an old-ish QB they need to protect.
jr15aggie
AG
SD will lose their mind if Tunsil is there. This is their perfect scenario. And it might be the perfect scenario for Dallas if Ramsey is indeed their #1 target.

Here's how I see it now:

1. Wentz
2. Goff (either by Cleveland or trade with Philly/SF)'
3. Tunsil
4. Dallas - Ramsey/Zeke/Bosa (in order of probability).

This trade sets up Dallas perfectly because they don't want Tunsil and now he will stay on the board with Tennessee out of the picture. Cleveland can still go QB or they can bail with SF/Philly moving up. So 2 QBs going 1 & 2 will set up Dallas to get their #1 (non QB) target!

The ONLY way this hurts Dallas is if they really were targeting a QB #1.
PooDoo
AG
If Tunsil drops to 4 we have to take him, right?
BassCowboy33
quote:
If Tunsil drops to 4 we have to take him, right?

That depends. Are you willing for him to ride the pine? If you're in "win now mode", Ramsey has to be the pick (or a trade).
Vinny
Tunsil at #4 is going to bring some other team wanting to move up to that spot to pick him. If that happens I think the Cowboys will try and trade back. But geez....Tunsil to replace Doug Free? That would be 2 nasty OT's for Dallas. I just don't think you could pay everyone once they hit free agent status.
birdman
Why would you pick Tunsil for yourself? Cowboys don't need to improve on offensive line.

Now, if you could pick him 4th and trade down to 6th and pick up another good pick? Go for it.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
the hot rumor is the Rams like Goff over Wentz.
BassCowboy33
The Ticket is destroying Jerry Jones. Sturm and Jake are exceedingly upset. The general thinking seems to be that now you cross your fingers and hope Cleveland liked Wentz and now will pass on Goff for Tunsil or trade back and try and get Elliott or Lynch.

Dallas has backed themselves into a serious hole in the future.
Vinny
quote:
Why would you pick Tunsil for yourself? Cowboys don't need to improve on offensive line.

Now, if you could pick him 4th and trade down to 6th and pick up another good pick? Go for it.

I think I made it pretty evident we don't need Tunsil. I realize there are needs on this team and OL isn't one of them. It would have just been a luxury for a really good OL to have a potential Pro-Bowler at each position.
hph6203
AG
Spoilers: Cowboys weren't taking a QB at 4 anyway.
BassCowboy33
quote:
Spoilers: Cowboys weren't taking a QB at 4 anyway.

That was the crux of their discussion: how dumb does Jerry have to be to think that way? It's basically a repeat of the late 90's when Dallas stuck their head in the sand and pretended they didn't need a quarterback to replace Aikman.

It hurts my sports soul as the writing is clearly on the wall.
jr15aggie
AG
It's not like Dallas had anything to do with the Rams trade. And we certainly had no business trading up to #1 and paying a kings ransom (would have cost us a future #1 and then some too).

So not sure why they are hating on Jerry. Right now we still don't know their true intentions regarding QB. But now certainly isn't the time to panic... You can bet Cleveland is now fielding calls and I'm sure Dallas will be one of them. Jerry will at least test the waters.
BassCowboy33
quote:
It's not like Dallas had anything to do with the Rams trade. And we certainly had no business trading up to #1 and paying a kings ransom (would have cost us a future #1 and then some too).

So not sure why they are hating on Jerry. Right now we still don't know their true intentions regarding QB. But now certainly isn't the time to panic... You can bet Cleveland is now fielding calls and I'm sure Dallas will be one of them. Jerry will at least test the waters.

Jerry was instrumental in getting the Rams to LA and as a by product LA felt that they needed to go balls to the wall. It's more of another feather in "Jerry's unintended consequences" hat than anything else. Part of that is frustration for twenty years of not properly planning for the future as well. Dallas had an extremely rare opportunity that just got flushed down the drain. I can understand the anger.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
Jerry was instrumental in getting the Rams to LA and as a by product LA felt that they needed to go balls to the wall. It's more of another feather in "Jerry's unintended consequences" hat than anything else. Part of that is frustration for twenty years of not properly planning for the future as well.
I've been pretty critical of Jerry in the past right on these boards but this is such a reach.
Kashchei
AG
Future quarterback?? We don't need no stinkin' future quarterback! We did just fine when Romo went down last season!
BMX Bandit
If they don't have a QB rated that high, it's dumb to take one.

Picking a QB just because you have high pick is horrible idea
RedlineAg08
Lol youre so full of ****..

PooDoo
AG

quote:

Jerry was instrumental in getting the Rams to LA and as a by product LA felt that they needed to go balls to the wall. It's more of another feather in "Jerry's unintended consequences" hat than anything else. Part of that is frustration for twenty years of not properly planning for the future as well. Dallas had an extremely rare opportunity that just got flushed down the drain. I can understand the anger.

Big surprise Packers fan Bob and Ghey Space Jake are throwing a fit about Jerry. Two of the angriest guys in Ticket history behind David Robinson Also.

And to my point about taking Tunsil at 4... Frederick is free after this year ($7-10 mil/yr) and Martin is next ($10-13 mil/yr). Tyron Smith is going to be making $15 mil/yr. You can't turn a blind eye to the OL when 2 of the best in the league are about to be free agents.

I alway expected for Martin to eventually move out to RT to replace Free but why pay him star RT money (now about the same as RG money thanks to the Raiders) when you can have a guy on a rookie contract?

If the best OT in the draft falls in your lap you have to think about it.
corleoneAg99
AG
Disagree on Tunsil. Allocation of assets. It's basically the only position they shouldn't draft at all this year.

If Ramsey is gone I still think they take Jack.
. . .
2016 schedule
Week 1: NY Giants FOX Sept. 11 3:25pm
Week 2: @Washington FOX Sept. 18 Noon
Week 3: Bears NBC Sept. 25 7:30pm(SNF)
Week 4: @49ers FOX Oct. 2 3:25pm
Week 5: Bengals CBS Oct. 9 3:25pm
Week 6: @Packers FOX Oct. 16 3:25pm
Week 7: Bye
Week 8: Eagles NBC Oct. 30 7:30pm(SNF)
Week 9: @Browns FOX Nov. 6 Noon
Week 10: @Steelers FOX Nov. 13 3:25pm
Week 11: Ravens CBS Nov. 20 Noon
Week 12: Washington FOX Nov. 24 3:30pm(Thanksgiving Thursday)
Week 13: @Vikings NBC/NFL Network Dec. 1 7:25pm(Thursday)
Week 14: @Giants NBC Dec. 11 7:30pm(SNF)
Week 15: Bucs FOX Dec. 18 Noon
Week 16: Lions ESPN Dec. 26 7:30pm(MNF)
Week 17: @Eagles FOX Jan. 1 Noon
RedbeardAG
AG
Minus going to green bay for the third damn year in a row...not to shabby.
Ag Natural
AG
I was in the 100% against taking a QB camp to begin with so this trade is great news. Jerry is setup to take the best available spanning virtually every position.

I personally love Elliott and Jack. If you can trade down a couple spots because someone wants Tunsil then it's a dream scenario.
Kashchei
AG
quote:
Minus going to green bay for the third damn year in a row...not to shabby.

WTF is up with that?
fretyuioz
We play the NFC North this year.
BMX Bandit
for those living in Houston, these are the days the cowboys won't be on tv:

week 2 v the team from Washington with the name that must not be spoken
week 15 v the crab leg stealing, white women raping QB

BMX Bandit
My 13 days out guess is: Ramsey, Jack or trade down.
birdman
Cowboys still pick 4th. The only way they get hurt is three teams moving ahead of them that want a defensive lineman. That hasn't happened.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.