****Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread***

207,462 Views | 2475 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jr15aggie
Reginald Cousins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
quote:
Norm just had some theoretical talk.

- Jeff Bowers is reporting that Dallas is unwilling to meet Lamar Miller's $5-6 million/year demands, which Norm finds shocking. He believes you have an ability to shore up a major need with this signing in a way that opens the draft up for you to take more defensive players. Miller is apparently surprised by this as he wanted to come back to Dallas. He's now looking at trying to return to Miami.

What do you mean back to Dallas?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
quote:
Norm just had some theoretical talk.

- Jeff Bowers is reporting that Dallas is unwilling to meet Lamar Miller's $5-6 million/year demands, which Norm finds shocking. He believes you have an ability to shore up a major need with this signing in a way that opens the draft up for you to take more defensive players. Miller is apparently surprised by this as he wanted to come back to Dallas. He's now looking at trying to return to Miami.

What do you mean back to Dallas?

As a child he once visited Six Flags in Dallas. He really loved it.
Reginald Cousins
S
Don't have to be the irritated face. I was sincerely asking a question. Isn't that what the confused eyebrow raise face means?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
Don't have to be the irritated face. I was sincerely asking a question. Isn't that what the confused eyebrow raise face means?

No no i wasn't irritated. Its a valid question. Just playin bruh!
Reginald Cousins
BassCowboy33
quote:

Simple typo from the phone. I get tired of going back and correcting my own grammar from time to time.
PooDoo
AG
Now Jerry think's Romo is going to coach up the next QB...

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2016/03/04/jerry-learning-romo-would-be-%E2%80%9Charvard-degree%E2%80%9D-any-drafted-qb
quote:
"If a player came in here and played behind him three or four years, he would come out with a Harvard degree in how to play quarterback in my mind. He would be that influential," Jones said. "And it would open up an area of how to play the game that we all would agree has a certain unique style to it Romo."
Think Garrett's feelings are hurt he didn't say a Princeton degree?
RedlineAg08
Im warming to Henry in the 2nd,
but McFadden is more than fine when he's healthy.

I think Jones said what he should have said if Dallas is looking to move back. Thats the best scenario for Dallas to move back in that 7-12 range and they could have their pick of a number of guys that would instantly impact the team.
PooDoo
AG
I wouldn't call McFadden more than fine for this team. Maybe for a team with a defense that was elite.

With our defense we need more from our offense. McFadden will take what the line & defense gives him but he rarely tried to make that extra cut to turn a nice gain into a 20+ run.
BassCowboy33
quote:
I wouldn't call McFadden more than fine for this team. Maybe for a team with a defense that was elite.

With our defense we need more from our offense. McFadden will take what the line & defense gives him but he rarely tried to make that extra cut to turn a nice gain into a 20+ run.

I don't know, man. McFadden was 2nd in the NFL, I believe, in 100+ yard games. He did quite well, especially for what he's being paid. Didn't he also finish 4th in the league in rushing?
Macarthur
McFadden did much better than I thought he would.

However, one area that I thought was disappointing is that there were a few times he got run down. 3 years ago, he takes those to the house. Not sure if it was the wear and tear of the season that slowed him down a bit, but we def need someone to take pressure off him.
BassCowboy33
quote:
McFadden did much better than I thought he would.

However, one area that I thought was disappointing is that there were a few times he got run down. 3 years ago, he takes those to the house. Not sure if it was the wear and tear of the season that slowed him down a bit, but we def need someone to take pressure off him.

It's possible that he's just not as fast as was when his 22. Most NFL players get slower as they get stronger and older. But, yeah, it could be the wear or conditioning. Murray used to do the same thing. I'd also like to see a better short yardage back.
PooDoo
AG
Yeah, he surpassed most everyone's expectations I'm sure.

I'm just saying, if they have plans of making a push into the playoffs a Lamar Miller or Ezekiel Elliott would do wonders. We all saw what a good back with this line can do for this team.

Defenses can take away Dez... He's a physical freak and an amazing receiver but isn't mentally strong enough to handle being schemed against.

Not many teams have had much luck scheming against the 5 guys in the trenches and a dynamic back.
BassCowboy33
quote:
Yeah, he surpassed most everyone's expectations I'm sure.

I'm just saying, if they have plans of making a push into the playoffs a Lamar Miller or Ezekiel Elliott would do wonders. We all saw what a good back with this line can do for this team.

Defenses can take away Dez... He's a physical freak and an amazing receiver but isn't mentally strong enough to handle being schemed against.

Not many teams have had much luck scheming against the 5 guys in the trenches and a dynamic back.

While he'd be a welcome addition, we aren't even sure how Elliott will perform at the next level. There's plenty of better college backs flop in the NFL.

I'm just saying we should hold off talking about him like he is some cure-all hot shot running back.
PooDoo
AG
I have a pretty good track record of picking good backs.
Amazing Moves
Alex Collins.. Draft him
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
This team may not be done with Greg Hardy just yet afterall.

They need a serious presence at DE and after Mario signs in Miami I'm not sure there's anyone else they will give a realistic look to (pure pass rushing DE I mean).
BassCowboy33
quote:
This team may not be done with Greg Hardy just yet afterall.

They need a serious presence at DE and after Mario signs in Miami I'm not sure there's anyone else they will give a realistic look to (pure pass rushing DE I mean).

As Duberstein pointed out a while back, Mario was never realistic. Sturm was saying a while back that Dallas was not a realistic landing spot and the fan base shouldn't hold out for it.
gigem1223
Anyone heard any teams other than the Packers interested in Forte? Would love to have him.
. . .
Reportedly interested in RB Bilal Powell
PooDoo
AG
quote:
Reportedly interested in RB Bilal Powell

That name always makes me think of House Party.
BassCowboy33
ESPN just reported that Dallas is back in the LaMar Miller sweepstakes.
. . .
Formers Rams DE Chris Long is to visit.

And Rolando is back. 1 year, $5M
BassCowboy33
McClain back
752bro4
AG
Ragonk
jr15aggie
AG
Another one year deal for McClain... I like it. Talk about keeping a guy on thin ice... better walk that line son or your NFL career is over! The only risk the Cowboys take is relying on him cause he's a good player, but one slip up and he's gone and we have to fill in the blank.

Hardy needs to stay away IMO. I've heard enough to suggest he was a locker room distraction (whether his personality or just the issues that surrounded him). We can do better with lesser players if we play as a team like we did in '14.

Definitely need to sign a couple guys on the D-line though. We need to take best available at #4 and not have to reach for a guy because we just have to have another starter on the D-Line. I'll be much happier on draft day if we are mostly covered and then take a guy like Elliott or Ramsey... somebody who is more likely to be a plug/play/succeed guy.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
McClain at 1 yr makes sense. It makes sense every year.
. . .
DE Cedric Thornton & QB Matt Moore to visit Thursday
BassCowboy33
Man, the Giants broke the bank for Janoris Jenkins. In no way is he even worth half of the $62 million that they're paying him.

Also, the Chase Daniel-Philly deal doesn't make a lot of sense.
BassCowboy33
Osweiler to Houston.

Forte to NYJ.
GigEmAgs14
AG
Miller to Houston
jr15aggie
AG
So far like expected. Cowboys sitting still during the big $ deal days.

Eagles moved up 5 spots in the draft by trading players and swapping 1st round picks. We'll happily be their next trade partner for their #8 this year and next year's 1st rounder too! You know you want that QB iggles!
PooDoo
AG
Seeing these numbers for OLs make me think we aren't going to be able to afford Smith, Fred, & Martin.

Might as well see if Martin can beat out Free at RT & move him there because we are going to have to give him Tackle money if he ever gets to free agency.
BassCowboy33
quote:
So far like expected. Cowboys sitting still during the big $ deal days.

Eagles moved up 5 spots in the draft by trading players and swapping 1st round picks. We'll happily be their next trade partner for their #8 this year and next year's 1st rounder too! You know you want that QB iggles!

I don't think Dallas would want to do a deal with a division rival to help them get (another) quarterback. That just screams bad business unless the asking price is astronomical.
BassCowboy33
quote:
Seeing these numbers for OLs make me think we aren't going to be able to afford Smith, Fred, & Martin.

Might as well see if Martin can beat out Free at RT & move him there because we are going to have to give him Tackle money if he ever gets to free agency.

Smith is already making bank. at some point, linemen will go to FA, which is why solid drafting comes into play. Guards typically don't make insane swaths of money, since it's an easily replaceable position. If Martin's asking price is too high, Dallas will let him walk.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.