****Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread***

207,007 Views | 2475 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jr15aggie
Reginald Cousins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
quote:
quote:
quote:
Still can't point to a single team that drafted 2 defensive players that put them over the edge and made them a Super Bowl team that year. No matter how good. It is what it is.
1991 - Kevin Smith and Robert Jones
not sure if you were kidding but an argument can actually made for this. its not far fetched at all. both had productive impactful seasons.

Cool. One real example.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
as Redline posted earlier very few teams drafting that high in the draft were really just a few players away from making a huge leap. i think the Cowboys were considered that type of team. it was a unique spot to be in. so that's why you wont see a ton of teams getting impact defenders and winning super bowls that year because they are more than just a couple of players away.

i'm not gona go through all super bowl winners and find out which rookies impacted them but i'm sure there are some other examples too. but even if there aren't, to take the mentality that "oh well we can't get any impact players for this year anyway" is a pretty cynical and loserish mentality.
corleoneAg99
AG
Given Jerrys track record since Jimmy left, maybe the bar should be teams who drafted two defensive players in the first two rounds and made it past the divisional round?

PooDoo
AG
Wentz is out with a fractured rib... Guess the Eagles better start drafting oline. I think he might be more brittle than Aikman.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Wentz is out with a fractured rib... Guess the Eagles better start drafting oline. I think he might be more brittle than Aikman.

That's bad for them! He wasn't going to start or play much this year, but he will lose practically his entire rookie camp.

Love it!
jr15aggie
AG
Dak gets the start, thus begins the Prescott era.
JAggie2007
AG
quote:
Dak gets the start
jr15aggie
AG
Lol... Probably the last time we see the end zone until Showers gets a late 4th quarter scramble TD on a broken play. He will quickly be surrounded by 10 guys that have no chance of making the team.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Beauty moves by Lucky
BMX Bandit
quote:
as Redline posted earlier very few teams drafting that high in the draft were really just a few players away from making a huge leap. i think the Cowboys were considered that type of team. it was a unique spot to be in. so that's why you wont see a ton of teams getting impact defenders and winning super bowls that year because they are more than just a couple of players away.

i'm not gona go through all super bowl winners and find out which rookies impacted them but i'm sure there are some other examples too. but even if there aren't, to take the mentality that "oh well we can't get any impact players for this year anyway" is a pretty cynical and loserish mentality.

I think only fans think they are just a few players away.

I know I fell in that category
. . .
JAggie2007
AG
I thought by all accounts Jameil was the #2, so why did Dak get the start tonight? I'd like to see what Showers has with some #1s and #2s other than the usual scrubs he gets.
Street_Cred_Norm
The offense looks pretty good.
TheCougarHunter
AG
quote:
I thought by all accounts Jameil was the #2, so why did Dak get the start tonight? I'd like to see what Showers has with some #1s and #2s other than the usual scrubs he gets.

Because Dak is clearly a baller
jr15aggie
AG
Don't care if it's preseason... The offense showed more precision and more poise than it did vs. 90% of last year's drives.

And Dak... Good job kid. Very surprised! I fully expected a check down scrambling nightmare. He looked in charge and ready.
jr15aggie
AG
And Dez is a freak!
Olsen
AG
Just tuned into the game and the stadium is packed for an exhibition game. Wow.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Out eating and saw the second score. What I saw looked pretty good from Dak. Lots of screens but that throw to Dez for the TD was just right. Let him out fight the DB.
jr15aggie
AG
Lol Wilcox... Wtf mate!?!
DannyDuberstein
AG
Wlcox completely lost his mojo along the way. He was fairly new to the position when drafted and seemed to be making good progress, but it seems like he's really regressed over the past year+
jr15aggie
AG
Dak!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
quote:

I think only fans think they are just a few players away.

I know I fell in that category

Time will tell and obviously this is just the first preseason game but its quite possible they may only be a couple of defenders away from makin serious noise. But its early.
TyHolden
AG
quote:

BassCowboy33
Where is the season thread?
Ag Natural
AG
quote:
Where is the season thread?

Pretty sure anyone not partially banned can start a new thread.
Ryan34
AG
quote:

A hairline fracture in a rib makes him brittle?
jr15aggie
AG
Bump... some really good stuff starting around page 42 (which is right before the draft). Some people absolutely nailed their predictions and how certain players would perform... others not so much!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.