****Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread***

207,454 Views | 2475 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jr15aggie
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Read the rookie CB drafted from Purdue was excelling in 1-on-1 drills. I remember he had some pretty impressive highlights as a pass defender & tackler. Can't wait to see some of these young guys play this preseason.

Anyone know what time & channel the Blue & White scrimmage is on?
One of the highlights of the draft I thought. I haven't seen him play, but after reading his stats, bio, etc. it was really hard to imagine why he went so late. There are so many guys with bigger ? taken in the 3rd/4th round every year. He was a VERY solid college CB. Sounds like we got a good one.

Besides Zeke I was pretty high on him and the DT (who broke his foot) coming out of the draft. I wasn't sure if Tapper would do much but sounds like he has been doing pretty well in camp so far.
PooDoo
AG
I don't know about y'all but if I was Stephen Jones, I'd be pestering the Chargers trying to get Joey Bosa.

Terrence Williams, Ron Leary, heck maybe even Collins and a pick or two.
corleoneAg99
AG
Totes. Maybe throw in Roosvelt and not sure the Chargers could say no?!
PooDoo
AG
Roosevelt knows where all of Jerry's bodies are buried. No way he's in the deal
BassCowboy33
Spaulding?
Macarthur
quote:
I don't know about y'all but if I was Stephen Jones, I'd be pestering the Chargers trying to get Joey Bosa.

No doubt.

Probably won't happen because these types of things are rate, but I would certainly make the call.

Maybe next year's one, Leary and a conditional pick get it done? Maybe have to throw in a 2nd in 2018 or something like that.

I think I would do that:
2017 First rounder
2018 Second rounder
Leary
ramblin_ag02
AG
It's 8-8 everyone, Happy Dallas Cowboys Day!

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/122530/why-august-8-should-be-cowboys-day
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PooDoo
AG
Cowboys searching for a pass rush... Signed D-II rookie FA DE cut by Denver, Shaneil Jenkins.
6'4" 275 and it looks like he can move, but that might just be because he wears a single digit number.

jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

No doubt.

Probably won't happen because these types of things are rate, but I would certainly make the call.

Maybe next year's one, Leary and a conditional pick get it done? Maybe have to throw in a 2nd in 2018 or something like that.

I think I would do that:
2017 First rounder
2018 Second rounder
Leary

I'm not personally high on Bosa, but this guy was a TOP 5 pick. At this point, having played zero games, SD is going to sing the praises of their top pick... no way they are going to part with him to a team who's 1st round pick next year most likely isn't in the top 10.

But thanks for posting the idea, fun to consider!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
quote:

No doubt.

I think I would do that:
2017 First rounder
2018 Second rounder
Leary

Seems like a heuckava over pay.
RedlineAg08
I wouldn't give next years first rounder up and take myself out of the running of:
Garrett
Barnett
Lawson
Macarthur
quote:
I wouldn't give next years first rounder up and take myself out of the running of:
Garrett
Barnett
Lawson

I don't think they would even listen without your first rounder.

Put yourself in their spot. Why give up a top 5 pick without a first rounder in return? And Orlando, you may be right that would be a bit of an overpay. You might could get by with a third or fourth round pick, but teams generally value picks more than players, even though Leary is a really good player.

I don't think they would even consider it if you just tried to give them next year's first and Leary.
PooDoo
AG
quote:
Garrett
Barnett
Lawson
Garrett is the only one of those guys better or as good of a prospect as Bosa. And even without Romo this team doesn't end up with a top 3 draft pick that would be needed to draft him. If he comes out for the draft after this year.

Leary and Williams should be on the 1st train out of Dallas... for something. I don't think we can pay them what they think they are worth and I think they can easily be replaced.

The Browns could use TW to complete the Baylol WR trifecta for RG3.

I'm tired of seeing all of these FA's to be walk for nothing.
RedlineAg08
Ok, how about "Zeke!" And Leary for Gordon and Bosa?

I take that deal all day considering we have Morris too but I never liked "Zeke" anyways
Reginald Cousins
S
No. No. No.
jr15aggie
AG
Zeke... No... Ah no... No no no no... Uh uh... NO!
RedlineAg08
But Gordon was a superstud RB in college just 1 year ago.

RedlineAg08
Here you go Cowboy fans. Tony Ro did a Grant Bensinger interview.

Haven't listened to much of it,yet, but loving Tony Romo, I'll probably love it.
PooDoo
AG
Reggie Ragland is out for the year... if that makes anyone feel better about not drafting him in the 2nd.
RedlineAg08
It did. Now I know we woulda been screwed regardless
PooDoo
AG
I was listening to some Jaguar Camp reports while I was mowing and they are raving about Ramsey and Jack.

I'll have to wait and see if the Ramsey can generate turnovers before I think he's worth a top 5. Will be interesting to track their progress because it really is a what could've been situation for the Cowboys.

I know Elliott is going to be a playmaker... I'm praying for Smith's knee.
Reginald Cousins
S
Still can't point to a single team that drafted 2 defensive players that put them over the edge and made them a Super Bowl team that year. No matter how good. It is what it is.
PooDoo
AG
quote:
Still can't point to a single team that drafted 2 defensive players that put them over the edge and made them a Super Bowl team that year. No matter how good. It is what it is.
1991 - Kevin Smith and Robert Jones
Ag Natural
AG
quote:

Shante Carver was REAL close
RedlineAg08
Most teams drafting in the top 3 have too many holes for 1 or 2 picks to make a difference.

The Cowboys weren't like that. They lost a QB that is absolutely essential to making they're offense work. And they're defense isn't built to dominate a game. its built to limit mistakes and slow them down, pray for them to make a mistake.. A pass rusher and a reliable linebacker would have been upgrades. The QB is back so our offense instantly becomes top tier again.
corleoneAg99
AG
quote:

So much Jerry logic. Well played.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

I'll have to wait and see if the Ramsey can generate turnovers before I think he's worth a top 5. Will be interesting to track their progress because it really is a what could've been situation for the Cowboys

If Ramsey was a LB or Dline guy he would have been a Cowboy. We just didn't need a DB bad enough to pass on the instant impact Zeke will bring when he lines up behind Romo and that line.

And we were talking about Bosa earlier... Lol, the guy is in a contact dispute and isn't even in camp. What a D-bag!
Macarthur
quote:
quote:

I'll have to wait and see if the Ramsey can generate turnovers before I think he's worth a top 5. Will be interesting to track their progress because it really is a what could've been situation for the Cowboys

If Ramsey was a LB or Dline guy he would have been a Cowboy. We just didn't need a DB bad enough to pass on the instant impact Zeke will bring when he lines up behind Romo and that line.

And we were talking about Bosa earlier... Lol, the guy is in a contact dispute and isn't even in camp. What a D-bag!

Actually, I agree with Bosa on this deal.
PooDoo
AG
I think Bosa isn't super happy about playing in the 3-4 or San Diego... Plus, they are trying to screw around with his guaranteed money if he gets injured.
As little guarantees as NFL players get I doubt an agent or the NFLPA wants a top 5 pick to set a precedent by signing an even more worthless contract.

I bet if Jerry made a trade for him he'd be signed before the plane to Dallas could close the doors.
RedlineAg08
I agree with him too. I'd be pissed. Making him a 3-4 DE is going to significantly reduce his 2nd contract, on top of the fact that they're trying to jimmy him on a couple of assurances that most highly drafted guys get. I'd hold out until they at least gave me all of the benefits that every other top 10 first rounder gets.
JAggie2007
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually, I agree with Bosa on this deal.
You and just about everyone else that has read up on the situation.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17269148/nfl-blame-joey-bosa-san-diego-chargers-mess-holdout-contract-dispute
jr15aggie
AG
Bad assumption on my part then... I thought he was holding out for selfish reasons.

So strange because it was a surprise pick on draft day and continues to be a head scratcher. He wasn't a huge need for them and wasn't seen as a fit in the 3-4. SD should have taken the best OT and moved along.
BassCowboy33
quote:
quote:
Garrett
Barnett
Lawson
Garrett is the only one of those guys better or as good of a prospect as Bosa. And even without Romo this team doesn't end up with a top 3 draft pick that would be needed to draft him. If he comes out for the draft after this year.

Leary and Williams should be on the 1st train out of Dallas... for something. I don't think we can pay them what they think they are worth and I think they can easily be replaced.

The Browns could use TW to complete the Baylol WR trifecta for RG3.

I'm tired of seeing all of these FA's to be walk for nothing.

Not to knock that comment, but without Romo, this team will be lucky to win four games without depth at the QB position. Unbelievably, they're actually worse off at QB this year than they were last year.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
quote:
not sure if you were kidding but an argument can actually made for this. its not far fetched at all. both had productive impactful seasons.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
not sure if you were kidding but an argument can actually made for this. its not far fetched at all. both had productive impactful seasons.

It's a good point. Ike Holt got burned by Jerry Rice very early in the NFC championship game (called back for holding luckily). Pretty sure Kevin Smith played most of the game after that!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.