****Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread***

207,456 Views | 2475 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jr15aggie
PooDoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heard Elliott's girlfriend posted some abuse pics... Anyone confirm?
Reginald Cousins
S
quote:
Heard Elliott's girlfriend posted some abuse pics... Anyone confirm?
http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/128712-ezekiel-elliot-accused-of-domestic-abuse/

Some pics here.
PooDoo
AG
http://deadspin.com/ezekiel-elliotts-girlfriend-posts-photos-of-bruises-cl-1784124894

Mother F!
Reginald Cousins
S

Apparently there were witnesses saying he never touched her... I would think not much comes of this. Other than a ton of media.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I may not be remembering correctly, but didn't this girl lose her **** after Elliott had a one-night stand where a pic of him sleeping was put on instagram?

Sounds like a case of get even.

Edit - Here it is. I guess she didn't appear to lose her ****, but she may have been biding her time.

http://dailysnark.com/ekikiel-elliotts-girlfriend-fine-ig-model-snapchatting-bf-bed/
Reginald Cousins
S
http://www.tmz.com/2016/07/22/ezekiel-elliott-accused-of-domestic-violence-denies-attacking-ex-gf/
PooDoo
AG
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-denies-domestic-violence-claims-to-police-report-151751722.html
Ezekiel Elliott accused of domestic violence: report
DannyDuberstein
AG
Stay away from the crazy girls
Ag Natural
AG
They are going to have a hard time pinning anything on him based on those pics. Bruised wrists can be caused by a lot of things. Including her hitting him. No corroborating witness.
The Shank Ag

PooDoo
AG
Why isn't this an ex-girlfriend yet?
Reginald Cousins
S
quote:
Why isn't this an ex-girlfriend yet?

It is.
hph6203
AG
quote:
Zeke #1 in Jersey sales! But I gotta admit my heart skipped a beat when I read the first words of the ESPN headline "Cowboys Rookie RB Elliott...". For a split second I just knew the next word was going to be "arrested", "injured", "out for season", etc.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17112286/dallas-cowboys-running-back-ezekiel-elliott-tops-nfl-jersey-sales

Jinx.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
Zeke #1 in Jersey sales! But I gotta admit my heart skipped a beat when I read the first words of the ESPN headline "Cowboys Rookie RB Elliott...". For a split second I just knew the next word was going to be "arrested", "injured", "out for season", etc.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17112286/dallas-cowboys-running-back-ezekiel-elliott-tops-nfl-jersey-sales

Jinx.

Right! Any Dallas Cowboys is a magnet for this stuff! Remember when Dez was a thug for wearing his pants too low at the mall.

My blue star goggles are on... They are all model citizens in my opinion. Team Zeke!
PatAg
AG
I mean...Dez did do some stupid **** though..
. . .
Report: Randy Gregory in treatment facility, facing longer suspension
jr15aggie
AG
jr15aggie
AG
No worries... Zeke is gonna rush for 3,000 yards and like fifty niner touchdowns!!!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Gregory likely facing a 10 game suspension. Awesome.

This defense is going to be horrible.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Wonder if Dwight Freeney finally gets a call.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Once he got the 4 game suspension (3rd strike), I stopped expecting to see Gregory play for the Cowboys ever again. All reports out of college were that he couldn't stay clean for 5 minutes, and he's done nothing but back those up.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Again I go back to something I posted earlier in this thread.

Why is is that the rest of intelligent humanity can recognize problems and even solutions with the Cowboys yet the Jones family cannot? Who are they trying to kid when they tell us this defense is going to be ok this year? Do they actually sit down and talk themselves into this or are they just so stubborn they refuse to take these issues on? Or is it a case of simply not having anyone in the organization who carries an ounce of real intelligence and can present real solutions or real value as far as making the team better?
jr15aggie
AG
Just imagine this time next year when we could have easily gotten 2 defensive starters / contributors with our 2015/2016 2nd round picks but instead are going into another season with a crap ton of ? after Gregory smokes his way out of the league and Smith's knee is, shockingly, still worthless.

But don't worry, because Romo will still be our QB and in the 2017 draft there is going to be this bad a$$ mofo that should have been a top 5 pick fall into our laps in the second round. He's totally straight and legit now though and gave Jerry a firm hand shake at the combine. His troubled past is behind him and he'll solve all of our defensive problems no doubt!!!!
Ag Natural
AG
Well, in all fairness a lot of folks on here wanted Noah Spence who also has a questionable character history.

I'm okay with the Smith pick mainly because you can't count on first year defenders anyway. But losing Lawrence and Gregory and continuing to keep McClain around is killing us. I'm hoping Jerry doesn't decide to go get Hardy again.
corleoneAg99
AG
All is well! Jerry's got this!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
Well, in all fairness a lot of folks on here wanted Noah Spence who also has a questionable character history.

I'm okay with the Smith pick mainly because you can't count on first year defenders anyway. But losing Lawrence and Gregory and continuing to keep McClain around is killing us. I'm hoping Jerry doesn't decide to go get Hardy again.

I believe Spence has been fairly trouble/character issue free for almost 3 yrs. Had some issues but has supposedly matured quite a bit recently.

On Gregory he smoked both just before the combine and before the draft.

As far as being ok with the Smith pick based on 2nd round picks not likely to contribute in year one anyway my personal opinion is that was a premium pick that high in the 2nd and while there are never any guarantees plenty of players drafted in that general area have contributed in year one. This team was literally 2-3 players away from making some noise in the conference and instead they chose to let another year in the Romo window expire.
corleoneAg99
AG
Landon Collins
Preston Smith
Eddie Goldman
Mario Edwards
Eric Kendricks
Denzel Perryman

And there are several others who played...a lot.

Whatever the point was about second rounders...it was a bad one.
DannyDuberstein
AG
There are absolutely players to be had in the 2nd that can contribute significantly - especially in the top 40 picks, unless you've decided to go with a strategy that is the equivalent of hitting 17 at blackjack.
Ag Natural
AG
quote:
Landon Collins
Preston Smith
Eddie Goldman
Mario Edwards
Eric Kendricks
Denzel Perryman

My point is you can't count on them to be difference makers. There's a lot of posts on here basically saying that pick is the difference between being a SB contender and being terrible. There have been very few second rounders that can make that kind of impact in year one. Aldon Smith comes to mind, who not coincidentally was a guy to slipped for character concerns. He had a great couple of years and now is in the crapper. Vontez Burfect is another one.

Honestly, my biggest frustration is the inconsistency of strategy. You probably should be okay taking high character guys with an injury history OR high potential guys with character concerns. But probably not both, that's asking for trouble.
corleoneAg99
AG
quote:
quote:
Landon Collins
Preston Smith
Eddie Goldman
Mario Edwards
Eric Kendricks
Denzel Perryman

My point is you can't count on them to be difference makers. There's a lot of posts on here basically saying that pick is the difference between being a SB contender and being terrible. There have been very few second rounders that can make that kind of impact in year one. Aldon Smith comes to mind, who not coincidentally was a guy to slipped for character concerns. He had a great couple of years and now is in the crapper. Vontez Burfect is another one.

Honestly, my biggest frustration is the inconsistency of strategy. You probably should be okay taking high character guys with an injury history OR high potential guys with character concerns. But probably not both, that's asking for trouble.

Yeah you're still wrong and now moving goalposts.

Guys in the second round make an impact all the time and play significant snaps. Are there very many who are All Pros year 1? No. Does that mean they didn't make an impact? Not unless you have an extremely unreasonable definition of "impact" and/or you're trying to defend the actions of the worst GM in football.

If you're frustrated about the inconsistency in strategy what I would I say is that you're actually frustrated that there is NO strategy because Jerry has no accountability and is just playing with his toys. He's as likely to listen to scouts and personnel directors who point to guys like Tyron and Martin as he is to take a RB with a top 5 pick and draft an injured LB in round 2 who can't feel his feet because pre-injury he was a surefire top 5 pick.

DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm sorry, but it is just flat out moronic to have Romo QB'ing this team while spending a top 40 pick on a guy that can't play in 2016. Moronic. There is no defending it. One could not paint a more clear picture of the lack of a rational strategy. This team's front 7 is a complete mess because of all of the previous gambles. You CAN find a contributor there.
BassCowboy33
quote:
Landon Collins
Preston Smith
Eddie Goldman
Mario Edwards
Eric Kendricks
Denzel Perryman

Man, that list is depressing. Heard on the radio a few days ago that no team in football has a worse track record in rds 2-5 over the last decade as Dallas. It's especially bad when looking Rds 3-5.
45-70Ag
AG
And the team is facing a fine of 250,000 for having three players suspended.

Inconsequential amount but dang. Does another team currently have three suspended?
TyHolden
AG
Nick Foles - go get him
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
Nick Foles - go get him
can be play DE or LB? if so, i agree!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.