****Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread***

207,463 Views | 2475 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jr15aggie
Ag Natural
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Every reputable source is giving the Cowboys a D for their pick. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Thanks Jerry for ignoring the needs of the team again.

Drafting for need is how you lose.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
A lot of people are gushing about Zeke. Several experts had him number one overall including Broadus and Gruden.

Yup!

But I will correct you... Broadus had Jack #1 (obviously not considering the injury). But Zeke was his #2.

I'm sorry for you guys that dont see it. I get it, I really do. But take comfort that there are a lot of people that LOVE Zeke.
PooDoo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Nobody is gushing about Zeke but you. He played with the one of the best teams with the best o lines in a mediocre conference and he's a player we didn't need. Press on.

Pretty sure he torched Bama in the title game and they certainly aren't a mediocre defense.

Boom!

With a pass/run spread offense that included a QB who was a running threat. Let's see how he does in tight spaces. I personally don't believe in drafting runningbacks that high.
Yeah, having Cardelle Jones back there as a running threat probably is the reason he was able to run the ball against Alabama...
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Nobody is gushing about Zeke but you. He played with the one of the best teams with the best o lines in a mediocre conference and he's a player we didn't need. Press on.

Pretty sure he torched Bama in the title game and they certainly aren't a mediocre defense.

Boom!

With a pass/run spread offense that included a QB who was a running threat. Let's see how he does in tight spaces. I personally don't believe in drafting runningbacks that high.
Yeah, having Cardelle Jones back there as a running threat probably is the reason he was able to run the ball against Alabama...

Your sarcasm... See it I do. /yoda
gigem1223
Lots of great players falling that would fill needs on defense for us. Hope to God we avoid Lynch and get lucky enough to get one of Jack, Ragland, Spence, Robinson, Billings
BassCowboy33
It's nearly impossible to fathom the stats Elliott will have to put up to make this a worthwhile pick.
birdman
Are you Zeke's agent or friend?

I've never seen anybody EVER promote some draft pick like this. Give us a break.
Lungblood
A RB at #4! Hahaha... Lmao AT you Cowboy fans.
BassCowboy33
quote:

Great. Now, other fans are laughing at our ineptitude.
BassCowboy33
Reporting that Dallas is trying to move back into the 1st Rd to get a QB.
BMX Bandit
quote:
It's nearly impossible to fathom the stats Elliott will have to put up to make this a worthwhile pick.

He will be favorite to be rookie of the year
toucan82
Hackenberg!!!!
mike_ags_fan12
Soooooo what was the point of signing Morris if they were gonna draft Zeke?
gigem1223
quote:
quote:

Great. Now, other fans are laughing at our ineptitude.

Like they laughed at Frederick? Get behind Zeke and the Boys or gtfo. There are still several picks left to address other needs. Give our front office the benefit of the doubt, they've been pretty damn good with 1st Rd picks lately.
BassCowboy33
quote:
Hackenberg!!!!

Silence!!
TheCougarHunter
AG
quote:

Trade fodder

Someone we can cut if he doesn't work out at camp
Street_Cred_Norm
Houston got a wide receiver who has trouble catching the ball.
gigem1223
quote:

You really think they knew they were going to draft Zeke then? They got him cuz they, at the time, only had 2 injury prone running backs.
PooDoo
AG
He's there to stretch the defense.
BMX Bandit
quote:

He makes hardly any money. Teams have more than 1 player at a position
BMX Bandit
Lots of great players available in 2nd
Sea Gull
AG
FTR I love this pick
PooDoo
AG
It's really possible the rest of the 1st will be offensive.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Are you Zeke's agent or friend?

I've never seen anybody EVER promote some draft pick like this. Give us a break.

Sheesh... I'm trying to make some of you feel better about the pick. I pretty much went all in on Zeke two weeks ago and they happened to drafted my guy. So what... I'm not trying to prove a point. I'm excited and trying to make those that aren't feel better about it.

It's Zeke time! At least we didn't make the Houston pick. My Houston buddy is still crying.
MountainAg99
AG
If they wanted Paxton, Broncos trade up toget him.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
Lots of great players available in 2nd

Hoping and praying they are targeting Alexander and he lasts to them. Or Spence but Im guessing Randy Gregory probably ruined that for him.
gigem1223
Can't believe Jack is still on the board
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
Can't believe Jack is still on the board

I can see why teams would have him off the 1st rd board.
gigem1223
To me he is well worth the risk right now. If he lasts till 34, I'd be thrilled with him as a Cowboy.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Again, if he has this kind of career E James stats I'd be thrilled. Both drafted 4th overall. Glaring difference of course is a young Manning vs an aging Romo but I think as a player he is very similar.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Sounds like Jack either had microfracture or needs it. I wouldn't go near him in the 1st.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Another glaring difference is that it isn't 1999 anymore.
gigem1223
quote:
Sounds like Jack either had microfracture or needs it. I wouldn't go near him in the 1st.

He may need it. He could also play 12 years and never need it. Similar to Leary.
gigem1223
Either way, if he does need it. He misses one season and you have an elite talent at LB.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

He may need it. He could also play 12 years and never need it. Similar to Leary.

Yeah, they say he'll need it in 3 years. Pretty sure nobody has had micro fracture surgery in the nfl and been successful. It's a death sentence.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.