Wandavision Discussion Thread

194,238 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by YouBet
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sex Panther said:

I think that was hands down one of the best pieces of content Marvel has put out so far. Absolutely fantastic.

The Ghosts of Christmas Past scenes to develop Wanda's backstory and Vision's relationship was just so well done. The emotion conveyed as well as explaining Wanda's motivation and trauma... so good.

And what a homerun of an outside-the-box hire with Kathryn Hahn. She's been awesome.
Yup. I literally laughed out loud when Pietro the kid runs in yelling at his dad, and Agatha made the comment about him being loud. Her reaction to Pietro initially yelling, her comment about him being loud, and then her saying they were standing right there was great.

Kathryn Hahn is killing this role.
C@LAg
Beat40 said:

no.

just Sparky.
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

Having lost both of my grandparents last year this line hit me hard
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Saxsoon
AG
C@LAg said:

from reddit

I love how Whdeon promised Elizabeth she would never have to wear the scarlet witch costume. She apparently begged for the Halloween costume and the. you get probably the most badass costume outside of Iron Man with this
Saxsoon
AG
Thinking about the image of the scarlet witch. Someone said they got dark Phoenix vibes. I wonder if this was just a manifestation of her probability magic showing her the likely probability of becoming the scarlet witch.
CoachRTM
AG
Beat40 said:

Sex Panther said:

I think that was hands down one of the best pieces of content Marvel has put out so far. Absolutely fantastic.

The Ghosts of Christmas Past scenes to develop Wanda's backstory and Vision's relationship was just so well done. The emotion conveyed as well as explaining Wanda's motivation and trauma... so good.

And what a homerun of an outside-the-box hire with Kathryn Hahn. She's been awesome.
Yup. I literally laughed out loud when Pietro the kid runs in yelling at his dad, and Agatha made the comment about him being loud. Her reaction to Pietro initially yelling, her comment about him being loud, and then her saying they were standing right there was great.

We talked about it a few pages ago, but Marvel's casting group is the best in the business. I'll always give them the benefit of the doubt
M.C. Swag
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

I'm still leaning toward Agatha being morally gray, and not the big bad some on here are making her out to be that needs to be defeated. I bet Agatha and Wanda end up with some form or relationship that comes out of it once all is said and done, even if it is a love/hate one. Just the vibe I was picking up.

It's obvious they'll team up to fight this grey vision. All Agnes wanted was knowledge for how the Wanda made the hex.
AMW2010
AG
Saxsoon said:

TCTTS said:

I might be really dumb, or just really thick... but I don't get why so many people like this line...
CowtownAg06
AG
Jen Barkley is my favorite secondary Parks and Rec character hands down. I'm so glad more people are seeing Kathryn Hahn and hope we get more of her going forward.
jeffk
AG
I don't know how to explain it to make you agree it's meaningful. It either lands or it doesn't.
jeffk
AG
My thinks that I've thunk:

Agatha isn't a big bad, just a "normal-sized" bad. She wants more magical power and was drawn to Wanda when the Hex was created. She's now trying to get Wanda to use her chaos magic on her (kids in the street) so she can siphon it off like she did with the blue magic.

They'll probably team up or fight 3-way vs Cataract (I could see Cataract destroying Hex Vision and enraging Wanda). This fight probably opens up some doorway to another dimension where the big bad is and that leads us into the new Dr. Strange film.

I don't think we see Skrulls or Secret War stuff here. Just too much of a left turn from where we are now. I even think new Pietro is sort of a toss-away plot device. Same with Dotty, I think that was just an episodic setup or even a misdirection line to divert attention from Agatha.
YouBet
AG
That was an awesome episode. Favorite so far. We basically got an origin story for Wanda out of this albeit brief. Very impactful though. A few things (and question) I haven't seen mentioned:

• It was weird when they were in the Sokovia apartment and the mom looks outside the window to see full-on warfare happening in the streets about 50 yards away and just brushes it off. On one hand, it happens in some parts of the world where this almost becomes normal and people are simply trying to maintain some sense of normalcy in their pocket of reality (in this case their apartment) and ignore the outside world. I also wonder if this was a bad plot device to make the pending bomb hitting their apartment have context? Why not both?
  • Is there any significance to Wanda's belt? Looks kind of like a W so maybe it's just that. Her outfit looks awesome though. Can't wait to see it in full glory.
  • We've never really seen Vision's full power potential. Even in Ultron they cut away when he fought and killed him and you didn't see what happened. He's so reserved and self-controlling. I wonder if in the final episode he gets real pissed off if/when White Vision hurts Wanda and unleashes hell on White Vision. Can he as a completely manifestation of Wanda? Is his inherent "soul" and power intact as this manifestation?

Also, C@LA mentioned Vision being scanned by BP's sister. Completely forgot about that. I love Vision's character so I hope we get to see more of him. The irony that the most ethical and moral character in the MCU is an android is cool.

All this is doing making me want to get back into reading Marvel again.
jeffk
AG
I just want to say again that I think it's awesome we get to have these weekly discussions due to the one episode a week schedule. Harkens back to the days of LOST and other network shows.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AMW2010 said:

Saxsoon said:

TCTTS said:

I might be really dumb, or just really thick... but I don't get why so many people like this line...

It will mean different things to different people, but to me, it takes a sad/negative emotion and paints it as a positive. To re-frame the worst emotion we can feel as the best emotion, it's not something I'd ever thought of.
Latrobe
AG
AMW2010 said:

Saxsoon said:

TCTTS said:

People like this line because grief is typically seen as something "negative".

The person grieving the loss of a loved one is typically miserable
Being supportive to a grieving person becomes tiresome
There is really no end or timeline when it comes to grief

So.. when Vision defines grief as a form of love (that is fighting to stay alive), it allows those who have struggled with grief, or struggle with a grieving person, to see it as a positive.

my .02
AMW2010
AG
Like I'm not saying it's anymore or less meaningful to y'all and not trying to take anything away from the line or how you feel about it... I'm just simply saying I don't understand it
Latrobe
AG
Nice! Beat me to it
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Can someone remind me the significance of Dottie?
AMW2010
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

She's the towns HBIC
jeffk
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I don't think she has any outside of the ladies social planning committee (single episode). I think she was a red herring used by the writers to distract from Agatha.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
But why is she seen as significant?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thanks.
Ryan34
AG
It'll be interesting to see what they do with next week's finale. Because right now, we've basically been left with: Wanda created the Hex (exactly where we started), Agatha wanted to know how, and Hayward wanted to power his weapon. No secret characters, ulterior motives, etc. After 2 months of double meanings, hints at things being more than they are, etc. that just seems.. flat to me. But I bet next week is pretty explosive because it seems like there's still a lot left to do to set up Dr. Strange 2.
rhutton125
AG
I wonder if Agatha will shlorp Wanda's powers away and create her own hex / dream world?
YouBet
AG
rhutton125 said:

I wonder if Agatha will shlorp Wanda's powers away and create her own hex / dream world?
If she were able to get Wanda's powers I'm going to assume world domination would be her goal. Although I don't think Wanda is listed as an Omega level mutant (not sure why), her powers are pretty unprecedented.
Saxsoon
AG
Latrobe said:

AMW2010 said:

Saxsoon said:

TCTTS said:

People like this line because grief is typically seen as something "negative".

The person grieving the loss of a loved one is typically miserable
Being supportive to a grieving person becomes tiresome
There is really no end or timeline when it comes to grief

So.. when Vision defines grief as a form of love (that is fighting to stay alive), it allows those who have struggled with grief, or struggle with a grieving person, to see it as a positive.

my .02

I couldn't put it into words but well said.
Average Joe
AG
YouBet said:

rhutton125 said:

If she were able to get Wanda's powers I'm going to assume world domination would be her goal. Although I don't think Wanda is listed as an Omega level mutant (not sure why), her powers are pretty unprecedented.
I wrote the following before remembering one key point.

*********************************************************************************************************
So, we perceive Agatha as a "bad" only because she opposes the perceived "good" Wanda. Honestly, though, it could go either way based on what we have actually seen.

In the flashbacks she was about to get waxed by her own mother and other witches before figuring out she can turn it against them. Can't blame her for self defense.

Now she's attracted to this town because of all of the magic Wanda is using, and when she starts to investigate she realizes Wanda is the Scarlet Witch. It's obvious that the Scarlet Witch is part of some type of prophecy or lore mechanism, and, by the tone of her voice, the Scarlet Witch isn't typically thought of as Glenda the good witch. I can definitely see her being on the defensive about this mythic, chaos magic wielding witch.

We don't know what she did between these two events, so there is still some stuff to learn about her before making a judgement.

As noted before, Wanda has imprisoned an entire town because she misses her husband. We only think of her as the good guy because she fought with the Avengers. Now, she did this all out of grief/love, so there is a level of understanding, but she isn't completely righteous in all of this.

*********************************************************************************************************

I got to the end and remembered Agatha killed Sparky, and probably to experiment with necromancy. Which is worse.

***** gotta die.
YNWA_AG
AG
It seems like the big bad for dr strange 2 would be a post credit scene at this point.
YouBet
AG
Counter-counter point...

It almost looked like Agatha was wiping away a tear behind Wanda's back after the Avenger HQ scene ended. If so, maybe she has some good in her?
Quad Dog
AG
Quote:

• It was weird when they were in the Sokovia apartment and the mom looks outside the window to see full-on warfare happening in the streets about 50 yards away and just brushes it off. On one hand, it happens in some parts of the world where this almost becomes normal and people are simply trying to maintain some sense of normalcy in their pocket of reality (in this case their apartment) and ignore the outside world. I also wonder if this was a bad plot device to make the pending bomb hitting their apartment have context? Why not both?

I saw it as them trying to shield their kids from the warfare in their town, and give them a normal life through American TV.
Average Joe
AG
Maybe Sparky wasn't real, either. Could we forgive Agatha for killing a fake Sparky? Let's get real, we're about to forgive Wanna for the largest mass kidnapping and torture in history.

The last two episodes could really cause people to be confused about good versus evil depending on how they go. Super hero stories are supposed to be very black and white, but there is a lot of grey in this from a philosophical and ethical perspective.
amercer
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

But why is she seen as significant?

The line about her being key to everything in this town. and she wasn't up on Woo's board.

We didn't see her in Wanda drive through town did we?
91_Aggie
AG
The Debt said:

veryfuller said:

I think its likely she is trying to draw out the Scarlet Witch to drain her powers, like she did with the witches in the beginning. Especially because it seems certain that she isn't fully aware of all her capabilities and the fundamentals of her powers.

if you are trying to harness nuclear power you dont take out the safety rods.

The best marvel films/tv have been where the villains are effective foils for the protagonists. Nothing about Agatha's actions make sense once she discovered the chaos magic in Wanda. She went from diabolical to bumbling fool in the span of 40secs.

Wanda went from "caught in a web" to "free and ready to confront Agatha" instantaneously and no one has a problem with this?

Think of it this way, the purpose of the room and the runes are merely a plot device to set up their "christmas carol" journey to wanda's history. But they created story tension by making Wanda powerless, then she just has it back. ...because Agatha needs to risk Wanda, who already exhibits power greater than her own, to become a god-tier character because that's when Agatha is most likely to succeed.

It doesn't make sense!

Fk it. Yall just keep eating whatever slop they throw in your trough.w
Watch out, folk's we have marvel badass here.
YNWA_AG
AG
YouBet
AG
Average Joe said:

Maybe Sparky wasn't real, either. Could we forgive Agatha for killing a fake Sparky? Let's get real, we're about to forgive Wanna for the largest mass kidnapping and torture in history.

The last two episodes could really cause people to be confused about good versus evil depending on how they go. Super hero stories are supposed to be very black and white, but there is a lot of grey in this from a philosophical and ethical perspective.
No doubt and we all seem to be ignoring that. I wonder if the show will just brush past that or if it will be addressed ala Civil War. That latter was started all because metas were causing so much collateral destruction, right or wrong.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.